It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nevermind the Apocalypse: Earliest Mayan Calendar Found

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

2102 AD? If we are alive by then yeah i agree its a cork

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Interesting how they just happened to find this as we're pretty much half way through the year.

"See folks, there's nothing to worry about! Now you just go on living your lives like there's nothing wrong and we'll be in our underground bunkers..."

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by Agit8dChop

due to the romans implementing day light savings, the 'mayans' 2012 should have occurred decades ago.. or is THAT hogswash?

Yes it is hogswash, their math is wrong. The correct calculations already account for daylight saving. Do you really think people calculated the date based on a years which had no daylight saving? What the incorrect calculations are trying to do is add daylight saving into the mayan calender as if it were somehow wrong. It isn't wrong, and it doesn't need daylight saving. To tamper with the cycles in that way is to actually change the cycles to something which they are not and were not designed to be.
edit on 10-5-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

Did I read that right? Daylight saving is already calculated into the Mayan calender?

I have not laughed so hard for so long.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by capone1

its very pity
i hoped all is over in 2012

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

I always figured that the people who decoded the Mayan calendar would have taken all this into account before coming up with the December 21 2012 date.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

you are serious aren't you?

Daylight saving

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I am certainly no Mayan Apocalypse fan, however,
Would not the latest, most recent Mayan Calendar be the important one, and
considered to be the most accurate, in terms of Mayan belief?

The focus in the discovery seems to elude that the oldest version would be more accurate, and this would be like saying that our Gregorian calendar is less accurate than the Julian calendar it replaced.... Just a thought.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I've been a fan of the 2012 Mayan calender since "waking up" spiritually in 1994, 500 books, bible, and current events. But I'm not so into the apoclypse interpretation. Rather, to me its the dawning of a new age. Like the age of Pisces issued in by Jesus, its the "Dawning Of the Age Of Acquarius"!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

I don't mean they Mayans themselves. I mean the people who found and decoded the calendar. When they came up with this date they took all this into account didn't they? Daylight savings, leap years etc.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by reitze

Haha. Weird... that was on the radio this morning.

Synchronicity

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Its like saying, 'the world is going to end on the 31 of Dec because that's when the Gregorian year ends'. Complete poppycock!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

This was my first thought reading the OP, lol. How something that is older can be more accurate (tampering aside)? I know my 286 Tandy presents Witcher 2 a whole lot better than my i7....

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Any calendar / record of time that has ever been designed by Man's limited knowledge, is
irrelevant, as no one could possibly ever know the beginning or the end of existence period .
Even if some race from a billion years ago came here declaring that they were the first beings
to record time.
How would they know?
Not possible. It's All speculation. Mathematics included.

Does any of the End Of Times prophecy by any culture matter?
I don't think sooo !

There is no Authorship of time.

"It's all the same f^*#en day anyway man"

I am a "prepper" but not for some doomsday.
I prepare for times that are not as prosperous for my people as we're experiencing now. We won't go without if an income is lost and things get rough or if there is a long term power outage from bad weather as we have experienced many times.

Not looking for an end of the world scenario just being prepared like the Girl Scout I was raised to be.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by capone1

if i remember correct... there was an ATS thread about this lost room and the 6ft mural some 2 years ago

i expect this is a more detailed analysis of what was discovered since then because the new story is dated 10 may '12

more cycles upon cycles and layers upon layers of time and reality... the Maya intelligentsia were sure deep thinkers and incorporated their ancestors & the cyclic gods in most every level of their lives
too bad they cut out the living hearts of victims so casually but that might be expected with their larger worldviews that blended a many dimensional reality

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

They did all the human sacrificing after the high civilisation that was there left.
Like most places that have had their golden age, the dark age can be pretty grim alas

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Yup seems like the BBC has caught onto the story too on their website.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
The mayans never said that it would be the end of the world, It was the renewal of the cycle. A new age will begin IMO that could be very different from the one we see now.

This planet has been throught a few climate extremes in its history (Ice Age, Massive Flood) and it will probably happen again in the future (when? No clue) it could be in Dec, it could be in a million years...no one knows for sure (at least I think)

I think we should all live our lives normally while being prepared for the worst...then again if the worst does happen, what could we possibly do to prepare for the unknown
Maybe stock up food/water/various other supplies, but when that runs out.....then what?

Only time will tell, 224 days to go my friends

Teye22

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by capone1

Well here's the latest. Apparently the earliest Mayan calendar has been found. I'd like to hear end of the world theorists' take on this. Is the end of the world coming this year? Or is the hype just causing dostractiins and profits for "end of the world" sales people. The topic is interesting, but in my opinion has yet to prove merit. But it will be easy to tell in 7 months.

www.livescience.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

The idea of the world ending on Dec 21 2012 was always a myth based on an early misinterpretation of the Mayan calendar.

Mayan elders will tell you this, astrology experts will tell you that there is NO ALIGNMENT on this date of any significance.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
No offense intended to anyone, but honestly to believe, regardless of how intelligent the Mayans were, that they had some sort of insight into the end of the world. Whether you beleive in the Ancient Alien theory or not. No one can accurately predict the future. I don't care who they are or what kind of technology they may or may not have had. The ability to see the future is irrelevant. There are an infitnite amount of variables that can alter the outcome of the future.

I find it interesting that they have found another version of the Mayan calendar that may be the oldest to date, but it still makes no difference. Neither that one or the original find is indicitive of anything more then then end of a calendar. It changes nothing about the outcome.

The doomsayers are basicaly grasping for straws on anything and everything that can find to grab people's paranoia. I do not understand why so many people have death wishes. Sure the world is # and life isn't all that you probably planned it to be but that doesn't mean that it would be better if you were all dead.

In closing let me make a prediction. On Dec 22nd, 2012 I predict there will be a bunch of people that will be greatly dissapointed, but soon they will make predictions for the next Doomsdsay date.
edit on 5/11/2012 by Phantom28804 because: grammer

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
So how do you know that this is not DESINFORMATION?
To do away with uncomfortable facts they up there don't want us to know?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join