It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Iron Sky" user review.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Well, I went to see Iron Sky in the cinema last night here in Melbourne, and I had a blast!
Here's a brief review:

After sitting through a bunch of trailers for upcoming rubbish movies (for all the reptilian fans, the new G.I. Joe film trailer seems to have a Ron Paul looking president who is a shape shifting reptile/alien thing who fights Bruce Willis), the movie finally began.
I won't ruin the plot, but basically it's about space-Nazi's who live on the dark side of the moon that want to reclaim earth with spaceships and guns. Earth has to fight back, but how?

For a low budget B movie, it looks great. The special effects are impressive, there's some genuinely funny moments regarding politics and the stupidity of racism, and it has a nice little message at the end.

The film also touches on:
* N.Korea always claiming they have "superior weapons".
* America pretending to use "Peace Keeping" terminology to harvest natural resources from other countries.
* The corruption in politics and the depths people will sink during election times.
* The notion that Helium-3 exists in large quantities on the moon.
* Plus more.

The film doesn't take itself too seriously, which to be honest made it all the more enjoyable to me.
So, if you enjoy the old 50's B-movies and want to see a well done modern rendition, check it out!

Here's the trailer for all those living under a rock:

PS; Not sure about other cities, but I know here in Melbourne it's only getting a 7 day run at the cinema.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Noinoi

I had no idea its out in Australia?
Or was it just a Melbourne thing?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonKapital

Not too sure about the rest of Australia, but it's out in Melbourne for the next week. I'm assuming it would be out at all capital cities though.

Side note: turns out a lot of the filming for it was done on the Gold Coast!

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noinoi
reply to post by CrimsonKapital

Not too sure about the rest of Australia, but it's out in Melbourne for the next week. I'm assuming it would be out at all capital cities though.

Side note: turns out a lot of the filming for it was done on the Gold Coast!

Its probably only for Melbourne, everywhere else in Australia misses out especially since I'm a Queenslander.
But yeah the Gold Coast is like Australias own version of Hollywood, atm about 5 different movies are being made there and there starting production on a film called "The 31st Battalion", its about Australians who fought at Villers Bretounex in ww1, pretty exciting.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Noinoi

edit on 5/10/12 by darrman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Oh man
I've been waiting
to see this ...

don't think its out in
the USA yet

glad to hear its
got some satire

this is another good
movie from that part of the world

Dod Sno

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

It's on netflix now.

I thought the movie was a complete letdown after how long I have waiting for this to be put together.

new topics

top topics

join