It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorists Pose As Married Couple In An Attempt To Cross US Border

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
This is the story of a married couple attempting to cross the U.S. border on their way to a Niagara Falls shopping center. I know what you are thinking… BORING! But oh no no my friends, this story is quite emotional and compelling. In fact, it has terrorists and violent threats galore!

Our story starts out at the U.S. border crossing into Canada, where three terrorists a day are apprehended by our men in blue. In case you were unaware, there is a terrorist invasion going on right now and they are all coming here from CANADA! Screw the Mexican border, we need a minefield on our borders to the north!

At any rate, the extreme threat level that Canadians pose to our citizens demands that the U.S. border patrol ask all sorts of invasive and meaningless questions. This is simply for your own protection citizen. So, in the process of determining whether or not our married couple were actually terrorists, a border patrol agent demanded to know what specific store they were planning to shop at. The agent’s suspicions were aroused when the couple replied that they weren’t sure and that they just wanted to walk around the mall for a while.

Clearly the fact that our married couple was unsure about what store they wanted to shop at could only mean one thing. THEY MUST BE TERRORISTS!

Our intrepid agents haul the couple off to the side for further questioning. Of course, given that the couple are actually Al Qaeda terrorists in disguise, they begin demanding to know why they must obey the officers orders when they haven’t done anything wrong.

Obviously this is completely unacceptable behavior. As every good citizen knows, police officers in America have total authority over you at all times. The police don’t actually need a reason to detain you or demand you obey their orders. They can simply walk up to you and order you to do jumping-jacks if they feel like it. If you don’t obey, clearly you are a terrorist.

If you refuse to obey an officer’s arbitrary and capricious orders, and then have the gall to demand what the officer is going to do about it, you can bet your bottom dollar it’s not going to end well for you. And this is where our story ends. With our Canadian terrorists behind bars, and a safer America for all.

I am the author of this story, which originally appeared on LibertarianNews.org.

edit on 5/10/2012 by AnarchoCapitalist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

edit on 10-5-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

I know wailing about a Police State is de rigueur on ATS these days, sort of like labeling everything a 'false flag' or 'psyop' but dude, calm down. Getting stopped and talked to for a few minutes by the border patrol is not indicative of a police state. It's really, really not. All audio, no video.

For other posters, the part where the guy gets in a bit of trouble is about 6:55 on. He starts saying 'What are you gonna do?' the cop says 'Is that a threat?' and frankly I wouldn't be surprised to learn the guy raised his hands and stood up and 'flexed' on the interviewer/ border agent.

The interviewer was so professional until that point I can't believe anyone is silly enough to cry Police State. I got pulled out of the car with family friends crossing to Canada. One of the family members had dual citizenship with another country, two with Canadian/US citizenship. They were talked to for about 15 minutes, I was not interviewed. We went on our merry way. It happens. It makes sense that it happens. As the interviewer says, it's not like they have terrorist or drug runner written on their foreheads.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AnarchoCapitalist

He sounds like quite the fool. He's entering a foreign country. He then starts mouthing off to the border guards, and then acts shocked when they single him out for questioning. Those are the actions of a foolish man with a chip on his shoulder. And I say that as someone who has crossed the US Canada border quite a few times.

Sometimes agents are jerks. Sometimes they are nice. But you dont pick fights with them. You answer their questions and go on your way. ESPECIALLY if the country you are entering is not one in which you have citizenship, you really should not have some expectation of special rights. This is just common sense.

He clearly went into the situation with something to prove. And he dragged his wife into it. I'm sure she was pleased as punch. Probably has an account here on ATS.

edit on 10-5-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Just because youre outraged doesnt mean you have a clue

True story, I like that. Seems somehow relevant here too...

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I have had the exact almost exact same thing happen to me and my bf except we were going to Canada. One of the most horrible nights of our lives.. I will never forget it when I heard this audio I was stunned I had no idea this happened this much to innocent people I mean the injustice is rediculous.. I feel like those officers had no right to arrest them but appearantly they do and that makes me uncomfortable.. Disgusted.

Anyway s&f for sharing with others..

Oh I hadnt heard him say what are you gonna do so I mean well hmmm I can kind of understand that makes sense but I have been in a lot of situations like this that I was completely treated with disrespect and singled out for not one single reason I like to imagine then playing a game like oh this next car I'm just gonna # with them they look fun, or maybe they are not having a good day and wanna take it out on someone I dunno every system is broken so nothing is ever going to run perfectly but I still find it wrong.. And everyone has a right to their own opinion.. At least for now

edit on 10-5-2012 by Sarahraeann because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

as a Detroit native..i would drive through the Tunnel to Windsor 2 or three times a month.. Back in the day, of the 80's--
sometimes Just for lunch, at Mothers pizza..but had some Family there as well...

the only time i got in trouble back then, was when i said,, when asked,, "what country were you born"? and i said "AMERICA"..
nobody thought it was funny.. and my grandfather got PI$$ed at me...

now as a Washington State resident i don't go to Canada.. i hear HORROR stories from people who get their car ripped apart coming back to the USA..

and one friend had to PAY $200.00 just to ENTER Canada because he had a conviction for DUI 15 years back..

crazy world....

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Sarahraeann

I have had the exact almost exact same thing happen to me and my bf except we were going to Canada.

Your boyfriend got mouthy, possibly threatening and got in trouble? What part of this was exactly the same for you?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

now as a Washington State resident i don't go to Canada.. i hear HORROR stories from people who get their car ripped apart coming back to the USA..

WA state resident, know a number of people that go up to Canada fairly regularly. Always easy as pie. I do think that getting into Canada is a tad easier than getting into the US. I hate to say it but it might help being white, clean cut, blue eyed and devastatingly handsome. Check my avatar if you disbelieve.

Oh look OP changed the title because he got a grumpy.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by Sarahraeann

I have had the exact almost exact same thing happen to me and my bf except we were going to Canada.

Your boyfriend got mouthy, possibly threatening and got in trouble? What part of this was exactly the same for you?

Because contempt of cop is a felony offense.

I really do love it when people reply to these threads in defense of the cops. It makes me LOL my pants off.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

You changed your headline from what you originally posted (which was the headline of the youtube video, to something bizarre and inaccurate.

link   
reply to post by Domo1

Nope we were completely respectful and complied with everything the officers had instructed us to do.. They just treated us that same exact way and yes we were threaded to be arrested and everything nO mouthing off nothing but my bf did have like something from when he was 19 I think it was minor nothing big but it's still enough to cause them to threaten you and say they will ruin your lives I suppose.. Lol the funny thing is when we got back to the us the guards were like "nice to be an American citizen isn't it" "welcome back" lol

link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

You changed your headline from what you originally posted (which was the headline of the youtube video, to something bizarre and inaccurate.

Bizarre?

You mean they weren't terrorists?

Didn't they get arrested?

I'm confused.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

So, what was your intent in changing the headline to something more sensational, and yet totally inaccurate?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

So, what was your intent in changing the headline to something more sensational, and yet totally inaccurate?

Inaccurate?

Clearly they were terrorists.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnarchoCapitalist

Clearly the fact that our married couple was unsure about what store they wanted to shop at could only mean one thing. THEY MUST BE TERRORISTS!

No, but it likely IS a reason these guys are REQUIRED to ask further questions. It is, after all, their job as border guards.

Our intrepid agents haul the couple off to the side for further questioning.

Hauled them off, or told them to go inside and sit down? Because the latter actually happened.

As every good citizen knows, police officers in America have total authority over you at all times.

So, you do know that A-these people are not US citizens. And B- Border guards are not police, right?

The police don’t actually need a reason to detain you or demand you obey their orders. They can simply walk up to you and order you to do jumping-jacks if they feel like it. If you don’t obey, clearly you are a terrorist.

Aaaaand again, no police can not do that But when you, as a foreigner, are entering a FOREIGN COUNTRY, you are subject to the whims of the border guards you speak to. And mouthing off to those border guards is pretty much always a great way to get messed with.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

LOL

Dude you're killing me.

I'm drinking right now and I keep spitting up my beer.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I would submit a more accurate headline would be either the one affixed to the video you are discussing, or

"Angry guy with chip on his shoulder gives border guards grief as he enters foreign country, dragging his wife into an uncomfortable situation'

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Domo , you an appologist for the goverment or what?
Every time theres a thread like this there you are saying well, its not so bad...you know we have to be safe yadda yadda....
It gets downright sick making to hear that kind of flagrant drivel when we have just heard two nice people get rolled over by the sicko US attitude thats destroying america and turning it into a fascist state.
I greatly fear you will be very sad and lonely till they finally come for you too....but who will appologize for your incarceration or turture?You do undeerstand just how Kafkaesque that clip was dont you?
I dont think you watched the whole thing or you have totally lost your ability to empathise like the robot pigs in the border patrol....
Do you really think those three a a week terrorists are really what they say they are?After hearing how the US border patrol treats people im far less inclined to ever visit your august nazi regime.....
But The people of the great White North will never bow down to that kind of treatment by anyone.
There will never be a North American Union....Canadians arent that devoid of humanity.
You do undderstand this is a perfect example of why the world hates the USA and its goverment dont you?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Because the terrorist is an angry fellow, the cops are the totally reasonable ones.

Thank god that terrorist is behind bars and I'm paying for it!

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnarchoCapitalist

LOL

Dude you're killing me.

I'm drinking right now and I keep spitting up my beer.

What an intelligent rebuttal!

Way to coherently and cogently defend your point!

Lol indeed, sir!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join