It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awesome Christian Books I Recommend

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Hello Everyone,

Because I am someone who climbed up the ladder from being into ghosts, UFOs, Aliens, 9/11, Freemasons, Illuminati, New Age, Alternative Religion, and finally into Christianity, I see how many questions I was seeking answers to before I could come around to that place where I was finally able to see where Jesus fit into the scheme of things. I didn't know where he fit in before, but it was shortly after I thought I had finally found out what he was about through New Age books that lie about him that I came around to finding out why they are lieing about him and creating a rendition of him that is the opposite of the one in the Bible who warns that the wages of sin is death.

The following three books answered a lot of questions for me about how the whole NWO thing is ultimately about bringing in the Antichrist so I leave them here for you to peer at and enjoy and get a lot of questions answered.

1. Sunshine Daughter of Sacrifice

gordonwaynewatts.com...

2. Delivered From The Powers of Darkness

spiritlessons.com...

3. The City Under The Sea

www.insightsofgod.com...

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
One of the best books I've read is "When bad Christians happen to good people". It's not what its title implies and is actually a very inspirational book about being better Christians and making an impact and extrapolating on the concept that actions speak louder than words.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I'm a true-blue biblioholic and read pretty much anything I can get my hands on.

I just finished a book by Steven James entitled, "Flirting With The Forbidden: Finding Grace In A World Of Temptation"
but his best work, which is also one of my all-time faves is, "Story: Recapture The Mystery"
James is a fantastic writer, and an even better storyteller. If you only read one of his works, make sure it's "Story." You won't regret it.

Phillip Yancey is my favorite author though. You can't go wrong with anything he's written to date. Three of his books I just ordered are "What Good Is God: In Search Of Faith That Matters", "Reaching for The Invisible God", and "Disappointment With God: Three Questions Nobody Asks Outloud"

One of the best short-reads I highly recommend to people who may in the valley of decision is, "How Good Is Good Enough?", by Andy Stanley. It didn't take me more than an hour to read it, but it is quite pithy and manages to cram the entire premise of salvation into a pocket sized book. I've probably read it 4 or 5 times and I give it as a gift whenever I feel appropriate.

The best books on the UFO nonsense are by Jaques Vallee. He doesn't write from a Christian perspective, but his research and conclusions only serve to support the Christian perspective regarding this topic, IMO. His books, "Messengers Of Deception" and "Revelat ions: Alien Contact And Human Deception" are total game-changers.

Another book that was written from a secular point of view, yet also only serves to support Christian perspective on the topic is "The Siren Call Of Hungry Ghosts" by Joe Fisher. Fisher committed suicide not too long after the book was published, if that tells you anything of how damning the evidence of his experience and research are on psychic mediums and channeling.

Wow, I've got so many more great reads that I can't muster off the top of my head at the moment. Maybe I'll dig around in my office library tonight after putting the kids to bed and see what else I can find to recommend.

new topics

join