It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A vs. X

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I'm kinda surprised really that this hasn't already been done, but since it hasn't, I'll take a humble swing at it.

With A vs X (Avenger vs. X-Men for those unfamiliar) now kicking off in full swing, I thought thread on the subject would a cool idea.
After all, it has all the things ATS is infamous for. There are moral ramifications of government rights and authority (Is it cool for Cap. to seize Hope as a potential threat to the planet?).
There's the question of national sovereignty (Like when the Avengers invaded Utopia with SHIELD back up.).
And how about Scott (Cyclops)?, is he totally off his rocker, or with his experience with the phoenix (arguably the most any mortal has, save maybe Rachael, but since she was a host, I don't know how "mortal" you'd define her as. After all, she lives all the way to the years Cable was a baby in the mini Cyclops and Phoenix, where Scott and Jean take a honeymoon in the future to raise the future b.a. Cable.), is he justified in saying "Let us handle this, we're the X-Men, this is what we do."
Also, what about Wolverine? Is it right to kill Hope to stop the Phoenix before she can become it's host?
See, there's a ton of controversial points in the series, and as the event proceeds, we'll only get more divisive issues along the line.
When it first started off, I wasn't too sure about this super-hyped event. It came off kinda forced, and it seemed to me both team leaders are acting a bit out of character to justify selling a comic. But after reading A vs. X #3, I've been drawn in.
At full discretion, I'm totally X. Scott's made the hard calls for some time since M-Day, and united mutants in a way neither Magneto, Xavier or any other come along lately ever has.
But I will admit, Cap. earned alot of my respect when he kicked Wolvie off the transport (well, actually Pym did the kicking, but anyways...) after he let Wolverine know he won't be supporting the murder of a teenage girl.
It looks to be an exciting series, and I'd love to hear ya'lls thoughts and opinions of Marvel/Disney's first big cross over.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Under no circumstances should Luke Cage be considered a formidable threat for Namor, a being that's adeptly squared off against Hulk and Sentry. Furthermore, if Stark can defeat Magnus, he needs to change is his alias from "Iron Man" to "Non-magnetisable Metal Man". I favor the X-men over the Avengers and long for a film adaptation of Xavier's students that's on par with the sheer excellence Joss Whedon has recently bestowed upon us. Fox needs to relinquish the rights back to Marvel/Disney and reboot the series by sticking to the source material, gaudy costumes and all.

Though I haven't opted to collect AVX, I eagerly followed the Civil War series in full. I'm not a fan of the manner in which Stark defeated Rogers in an ideological sense when Rogers clearly represented the fight against government invasiveness, tyranny and the NWO.
edit on 10/5/2012 by rexusdiablos because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by rexusdiablos
Under no circumstances should Luke Cage be considered a formidable threat for Namor, a being that's adeptly squared off against Hulk and Sentry.

Then I'm sure you'll love to hear this. They had Thing beat Namor, in the water, under Utopia (where Atlantis is located. So literally in Namor's backyard, so to speak.) in the "verses" mini that co-incides with the main series. This is the same Thing that couldn't even take Namor with the whole FF at his back on multiple occations.

So, yeah, it's had it's rough moments already. But there also have been some really good and nerd-cool moments, like Colossus (Juggernaut infused) fighting Red Hulk. Red Hulk wins, but under Gillen's pen (current writer of Uncanny X-Men, and I personally hope he never leaves.) it is an excellent story for what was suppose to amount to a slugfest.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Lasr1oftheJedi

Thanks for the information. You've enticed me to research this further.

Magneto throws the fight, Namor is defeated by an anglerfish, Phoenix defeats Thor, Colossus forfeits his powers, Beast switches to the Avengers, Wolverine opts out of the X-Men, She-Hulk injures a few X-Men students and Leonardo Da Vinci is implicated along the way.

Maybe I should have collected this. There's always the omnibus I guess.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Okay, been brain fried on some of the other threads today, so I thought I would post some pics and what-not relating to A vs. X. I'll start with #1 and go from there. Hope you guys and gals enjoy.

Ign offers up 6 pages (pg 22 through 28) of book #1 here:

comics.ign.com...

Here, we have Captain America and Cyclops having a nice casual conversation involving Cap's presence on Utopia. (first panel of Pg 32)

And how that conversation ended.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Okay, so now things are heated, and it's time for round two. While doing this, I wish I had a scanner, and knew how to actually post pics direct without them being mircosized...I'd scan my books (just key points, as I don't dare upset the mighty juggernaut that is Marvel/Disney)... Why did I post that? Just thinking outloud. Anyways, enjoy ^.^

Scott gets pwnd -.-:

Emma pwning Tony

Easily my favorite panel, Wolverine gets a "kiss" from Phoenix/Hope:

Anyways, so Hope after "toasty!"ing Wolverine rabbits. We move on to round 3. See ya next post.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Round three, enjoy:

Book 3 opens up as Wolverine comes back to us:

Scott fakes a surrender, and Cap ofcourse, buys it.

Magik, who is impersonating Dr. Strange returns from her fight with the Sorcorer Supreme (which will be handled in the next A vs X Verses).

Wolverine knows A) Scott don't quit, and B) That ain't the Doc.

So Magik gets the X-Men outta dodge, and the hunt is on.

The Avengers plan to give chase, but there's a hitch in their get-a-long:

popnculture.com...

Cap introduces Wolvie to some super solider style smack down

And then Hank Pym (Giant Man/Ant Man) kicks Wolverine off the helicarrier.

So now everyone is looking for Hope. One team to protect her, one team to incarcerate her, and one man, to kill her.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by rexusdiablos

I would wait for the graphic novel as well. So far nothing special other then an attempt at a waste of time for a crossover.

IT is as bad as fear itself.

HOpe summers may be the phoenix...

The way the wrote it so far I am expecting the Toad to become the phoenix new host....

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

A you-tube of book 4. It's worth checking out just for the exchange between Hope and Wolverine IMHO. Hope yall enjoy. ^.^

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Lasr1oftheJedi

I've bought the first two issues digitally and liked them, but I find if I wait about three weeks after they release I can buy them at least a dollar cheaper. So I'm behind for sure, but interested in it. Haven't taken up a side yet.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
the AvX versus series has a highlight of captain america fighting gambit ( which is awesome ) and spider man taking on Juggernaut, all in all the series has a few battle that are pretty out there. But for the earlier poster Iron man Vs magneto is something you have to read into, engineering genius tony stark has planned for magneto's presence beforehand teehehehehe, otherwise magneto would have wiped the floor with him.

top topics

join