It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predicted earthquake arrives - 16 years late

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
The magnitude 6 earthquake that rocked central California on Tuesday may have been the most widely anticipated earthquake in history. It will almost certainly also turn out to be the most precisely measured earthquake ever.

The location and magnitude of the earthquake had been predicted. But the problem for forecasters was that it happened about 16 years later than expected.

www.newscientist.com...

The tiny town of Parkfield, with a population of 37, is the only location for which the US Geological Survey has ever issued a detailed earthquake prediction. Magnitude-6 earthquakes had been recorded there about every 22 years between 1857 to 1966, leading the agency to issued a formal prediction that another magnitude-6 quake would strike the area sometime around 1988.

I would love to say better late than never, but it is my hope and everyone else's I am sure that earthquake prediction becomes accurate enough in the future, for people to have time to evacuate the areas in which they are to occur. They have been taking about "The big one" forever and it is only a matter of time before it happens.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
my dear jeeze louise,www.abovetopsecret.com...

here are some interesting links to the topic you are interested in, as I am. I believe it will be followed by a larger one soon further to the south. the quakes in Parker were at 5km below surf another stress zone to the south released a 5.? something today @ a depth of 11 km. I feel that that the one to the north was a fore-shock and the zone to the south is going to slide soon as it did in 1857. get your Edgar Cayce books and start brushing up

TUT

join