It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Powerfull U.S. Military?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The United States defeated Iraq in about 3-4 weeks, which is very quick. Did the United States win so quickly because Iraq was a very easy opponent, or was it because the U.S. Military is so powerfull that it made it look easy?

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I say its a bit of both.

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 03:36 PM
link   
while one of the best trained and best equipped armies in the world, compared to many others, in many power it is outnumbered. the chinese army is an army larger than ours, but less trained, and i don't know about their morale. warfare is an art that requires four things. man, equipment, knowledge, and a cause. the men must know how to use their equipment. they must fight willingly for their cause. the us military is well trained, belives it fights to protect, and for liberty. they are trained, maybe the best trained in the world. the iraqis, they fought for a leader for whom they didn't wish to die for. they weren't well equpiied. they hadn't adequate training to do battle against us, you see that they were disorganized more than once, and they didn't have high morale... the question isn't in the armies, technological, stregths. it's the integrity of those who do battle. some people have great weaponry, buthaven't the knowledge, or reason to use it, so they lose sight of how to use it for the cause of war.

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 03:45 PM
link   
well said phoenix cross.

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix_cross
the chinese army is an army larger than ours, but less trained, and i don't know about their morale. warfare is an art that requires four things. man, equipment, knowledge, and a cause.

The american army is a mercenary corps and has only very little training or morale. This is shown in the american combat tactics (duck and call the bombers) as well as in the repeated civilian shootings. the american military outnumbers its opponents by material (rockets and bombs) alone.

[Edited on 19-4-2003 by Mokuhadzushi]

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I would say it was a combo of both factors. The USA military is one of the best trained and bes equpied. If a war with China did happen we would destroy them with our better technology.

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Moku, once again you show your vast array of ignorance.

The U.S. military is a force that is well trained and continues the training all the time. This is possible because of the financial resources available. The force is made up of people that are volunteers that have a fairly decent educational background, the majority of which stay for an enlistment or two and then go back to the private sector. Truly, a citizen/soldier Army.

Our soldiers are perfectly capable of slugging it out with you and winning but there is no need in losing troops unnecessarily to prove the point to the likes of you. We have the technology to do it a smarter way so we do it that way. If we didn't, the likes of you would turn around and say we kill our own people for sport. I know your kind, you offer no solution, only criticism.

Our soldiers are highly trained, yet they are still human and still make mistakes. And the mere fact that the likes of you would sit in front of your computer and try and second guess or comment on any civilian shootings incurred by those who are actually there, well, there's no need in commenting on it, your comments hold their own self-evident lack of value.

[Edited on 19-4-2003 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Excellent TC

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 06:41 PM
link   
TC, your psychotic personal flaming on people just not your opinion isnt really a publicity for ATS. You accept just your own opinion and are therefore incapable of constructive discussion. I'm wondering what you are doing on a discussion board when you dont like discussing things. You dont know me, and your insults are only characteristic of your lack of moral education. You are a loser, and a bad one.

By the way, is that a picture of you ?

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mokuhadzushi

The american army is a mercenary corps and has only very little training or morale. This is shown in the american combat tactics (duck and call the bombers) as well as in the repeated civilian shootings.

is this the constructive discussion that you are talking about? sounds like anti american propaganda to me. so if this is what you consider constructive discussion, TC please keep the personal flaming going.

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 06:52 PM
link   
...guess the UK and other Allied military that helped didn't have anything to do with it either...was all the great mighty American Forces...

...still...at least the Allieds provided you with a few extra targets when there wasn't enough Iraqis to pop...

...opps, sorry about that...I smiled as I pulled the trigger...that makes it friendly fire...

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AegisFang

Originally posted by Mokuhadzushi

The american army is a mercenary corps and has only very little training or morale. This is shown in the american combat tactics (duck and call the bombers) as well as in the repeated civilian shootings.

is this the constructive discussion that you are talking about? sounds like anti american propaganda to me. so if this is what you consider constructive discussion, TC please keep the personal flaming going.

It is a different opinion than youse, loser.

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Well put TC
!

Now don't act childish just becuase Thomas and everyone does not agree with you.

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 07:28 PM
link   
just like an extreme liberal. when they have nothing constructiveto say, or realize they are losing the argument, they resort to the name calling.

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Excuse me, but you started the flaming .. dont turn the roles around, please

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 07:39 PM
link   
But Mok, you could have not called him a loser. He may have started it but you went to the name calling. Gee I sound like a mod.

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Let's just get back on the topic please?.....

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I love a decent discussion, Moku, which is something of which you'll have none. Your post was no value added, merely derogatory toward something to which you are ignorant, but as usual, you will not let your ignorance stand in the way.

It is my fault, though, as I should be mature enough to ignore the immature mental infants that find their way to a computer. By responding to such unfactual stupidity such as yours that is meant to do nothing but incite and provoke, the mature members of the board lend their credibility to you. That is something that should not be done. I apologize to everyone, especially to 10DeadInside10 who posed the question and started this thread.

10. I think that what made it look easier than it really was is that the leadership took their time and planned a good campaign. That, combined with the effective intergrated military we have now made it look very easy. I don't believe it was as easy as the news made it look. I think it still had to be very tedious and nerve-racking for the troops. The conflicts in which we engaged aren't like the old battles of WWII where civilian casualties are taken for granted and the military job is done with the highest priority. Enough credit is not given to the troops and their leadership and too much is taken for granted by the militarily impaired.

Victory was never in question, and it could have been done quicker, bringing the entire nation to its begging knees, but that wasn't the objective. I doubt that the mercy and restraint will be appreciated either here among the unknowledgeable or over there where mercy is thought to be comparable to weakness.

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
I love a decent discussion, Moku, which is something of which you'll have none. Your post was no value added, merely derogatory toward something to which you are ignorant, but as usual, you will not let your ignorance stand in the way.

It is my fault, though, as I should be mature enough to ignore the immature mental infants that find their way to a computer. By responding to such unfactual stupidity such as yours that is meant to do nothing but incite and provoke, the mature members of the board lend their credibility to you. That is something that should not be done. I apologize to everyone, especially to 10DeadInside10 who posed the question and started this thread.

Dang Crown You went for the kill on that one

10. I think that what made it look easier than it really was is that the leadership took their time and planned a good campaign. That, combined with the effective intergrated military we have now made it look very easy. I don't believe it was as easy as the news made it look. I think it still had to be very tedious and nerve-racking for the troops. The conflicts in which we engaged aren't like the old battles of WWII where civilian casualties are taken for granted and the military job is done with the highest priority. Enough credit is not given to the troops and their leadership and too much is taken for granted by the militarily impaired.

Victory was never in question, and it could have been done quicker, bringing the entire nation to its begging knees, but that wasn't the objective. I doubt that the mercy and restraint will be appreciated either here among the unknowledgeable or over there where mercy is thought to be comparable to weakness.

Yes they way War is carried out has changed. The U.S is showing the World an example of how to wage War in the 21st century. Our enemy's sees this and believe that they are taking notes

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 08:44 PM
link   
What is impressive about our military is when looking at the reaction of the civilian population. Its apparent that if no other sentiment is apparent respect seems clear.

25 days is an extremely short period of time to win what simply can be termed an all out war. Our troops deserve substantial credit for what they did.

As far as the air bombardment that is no surprise its been a part of armed conflict since WWII.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join