It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US military taught anti-Islam courses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

US military taught anti-Islam courses

www.presstv.ir

The chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff has ordered the entire U.S. military to scour its training material to ensure it doesn’t contain anti-Islamic content, Danger Room has learned.

The order came after the Pentagon suspended a course for senior officers was found to contain derogatory material about Islam.

The extraordinary order by General Martin Dempsey, the highest-ranking military officer in the U.S. armed forces, was prompted by content in a course titled “Perspectives on Islam and Islamic Radicalism” that was presented as an elective at the Joint ForcesStaf
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.stuff.co.nz
news.yahoo.com

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Even PressTV (the Iranian Govt's propaganda agency) gets the occasional thing right - some snippets from other news agencies -

Here are some excerpts of statements from the course:

- "They hate everything you stand for and will never coexist with you, unless you submit."

- "Islam as it currently defines itself is an ideology rather than solely a religion with the normally associated protections we afford such beliefs."

- "It is therefore time for the United States to make our true intentions clear. This barbaric ideology will no longer be tolerated. Islam must change or we will facilitate its self-destruction."

Can't see why there's a problem teaching the truth tho

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

I'm thinking this is a bit of a context-sensitive issue.

Generally, with these online courses, there are "selected response" questions to answer... the authors of some of these questions often insert some absolutely off-the-wall answers.

Such as, in a stress management course, one of the questions asks what you would apply to some problem (forget exactly what it was) and one of the responses you can select is: "A Louisville Slugger."

Obviously - the wrong answer.

I am willing to bet that some of the quotes from the Iranian website are taken from those "humorously incorrect" responses one can select in a test.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
There are clearly people in high positions of power in our society who truly buy into this whole Christianity Apocalypse clash of civilizations crap. It dictates foreign policy.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

There are clearly people in high positions of power in our society who truly buy into this whole Christianity Apocalypse clash of civilizations crap. It dictates foreign policy.

I highly doubt that. Like I said, before - those quotes are worded with the same tongue-in-cheek language that all of our blatantly incorrect 'test' responses are. It's an answer that screams "don't pick me!"

The course was suspended because someone complained about anti-islam content. The entire course wasn't anti-islam. It was, more than likely, just an set of incorrect answers that this new hyper-sensitive military found to be in poor taste.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

Doesn't look like it to me - other articles about it (like this one) clearly identify anti-islamic content.

“We have now come to understand that there is no such thing as ‘moderate Islam,’” Dooley noted in a July 2011 presentation (.pdf), which concluded with a suggested manifesto to America’s enemies. “It is therefore time for the United States to make our true intentions clear. This barbaric ideology will no longer be tolerated. Islam must change or we will facilitate its self-destruction.”

as I said above I do not think the sentiment about "Islam's" attitudes to the west are actually wrong.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

What a coincidence, FOX News viewers are also taught anti-Islam courses

There is a difference between militant Islamist who are hell bent on killing as many people as possible in a twisted version of their religion and people who just believe in the Muslim version of religion.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

I understand that - I think the point is about Islam as a philosphy ratehr than any given folower.

When the holy book says jews are snakes and vipers, kill all the infidels and various other things along those lines, and when the islamic declaration of human rights says

ARTICLE 1:

(a) All human beings form one family whose members are united by their subordination to Allah and descent from Adam. All men are equal in terms of basic human dignity and basic obligations and responsibilities, without any discrimination on the basis of race, colour, language, belief, sex, religion, political affiliation, social status or other considerations. The true religion is the guarantee for enhancing such dignity along the path to human integrity.

(b) All human beings are Allah's subjects, and the most loved by Him are those who are most beneficial to His subjects, and no one has superiority over another except on the basis of piety and good deeds.

ARTICLE 2:

(a) Life is a God-given gift and the right to life is guaranteed to every human being. It is the duty of individuals, societies and states to safeguard this right against any violation, and it is prohibited to take away life except for a shari'ah prescribed reason.

(b) It is forbidden to resort to any means which could result in the genocidal annihilation of mankind.

(c) The preservation of human life throughout the term of time willed by Allah is a duty prescribed by Shari'ah.

(d) Safety from bodily harm is a guaranteed right. It is the duty of the state to safeguard it, and it is prohibited to breach it without a Shari'ah-prescribed reason.

etc - full text in English

I'm inclined to think that Islam ain't actually caring much for the freedoms I value.

And while I appreciate that many or even the vast majority individual moslems do not and would not follow the extreme readings, the words are still there, and there is still enormous pressure for followers of the faith to at least tacitly support some very nasty practices.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Anti-Islam tactics? I thought this was a war on terror; does this mean that they are falsely trying to equate Islam with Terror and therefore make a war on Islam?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

That to me seems like a more rational reasoning.

Subliminary intentions

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

So can you provide some proof to support your theory that these are actually excerpts of 'wrong answers' from a multiple choice test?

You seem so certain, and yet nothing in the article leads me to believe that.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

And while I appreciate that many or even the vast majority individual moslems do not and would not follow the extreme readings, the words are still there, and there is still enormous pressure for followers of the faith to at least tacitly support some very nasty practices.

It's the same with Christianity, and Judaism. They all have some very outdated and barbaric extreme phraseology in the texts. Does that mean that all Christians and Jews are extremists? Of course not.

People twisted the bible and created the KKK, The Army of God, The Westboro Baptist Church, does that mean that every Christian is a white supremacist, Abortion Clinic bomber, or just straight up insane (respectively)? No, it doesn't. Does it mean that there is enormous pressure for followers of the faith to at least tacitly support some very nasty practices? That's for you to decide.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Not just Press TV reporting this. Both the BBC and Guardian are now covering it.

A course for US military officers has been teaching that America's enemy is Islam in general and suggesting that the country might ultimately have to obliterate the Islamic holy cities of Mecca and Medina without regard for civilian deaths, following second world war precedents of the nuclear attack on Hiroshima.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Nuking Mecca and Medina. Now I wonder if that would increase terrorism and hatred of the west. Killing millions of innocent people, hardly gives us the moral high ground.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
This guys teachings makes America (F yeah!) sound like an extreme terrorist!

The ethos is the same. Destroy them before they destroy us, we can't coexist, and all that jazz.

Could the country be any more of an oxymoron after this came out? Maybe the oxy part should be dropped. This guy is a moron.

Geneva convention out the window, no tears for collateral damage, threatening nuclear war. This guy should not be allowed to spout any more of his hate. I'm just glad a student was intelligent enough to report it.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Chaps and ladies, it's time to face facts, people. Islam is THE most dangerous religion on this planet. No other religions want to convert the whole world and, if they wont convert, kill them. No matter how moderate most muslims are, there is a sizeable minority who hate us. We need to realise that.

And I am not any sort of religious zealot or racist.

edit on 11/5/2012 by iskander683 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join