It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intro - Manalow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I need to introduce myself. I don't know if I can.

I have been a lurker in your forums and posts for some time.

I don't know you all, but I see and know the swirls and eddies of truth that illuminate your posts.

There is a time when curiousity and knowledge lead to unique questions, this is such a time.

I work in IT in the financial industry, and I live in Calgary, Canada. I chose this place for a reason. I have a varied past, but I have always walked with my eyes wide open with truth on my longue.

I am a Zen Bhuddist if you must know my belief system, I was not raised so. Episopalian (US), Anglican (UK) and yes, choir and altar boy from a young age. I just read much more than just the bible. I can accept that if Jesus trained in India that he could survive his ordeal and appear to have "risen." I also know that he taught the truth, but not in the dogmatic way you expect. Neither did the others. The interpretation of man has perverted the truth that yells at you every day through acceptance of reality, or the results of the creation of such.

I used to have flying dreams when I was young, I would learn such things... But I learned one concept, and that was that anything I wanted to know, I could go to that place and find my answers.

I must sound like many of the freaks you see every day, but I think I might be "normal".

You should find me perfectly grounded in the reality that is...

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Manalow

Greetings. I was also raised Episcopalian but started studying Eastern religions a few years ago. You'll fit in fine... I wouldn't worry about being weird, as far as I'm concerned, you're normal. In my experience, the Episcopalian branch of Christianity is one of the most sane ones.
edit on 10-5-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Welcome Manalow

Congratulations, you've joined the world's largest and civil alternative topics discussion community! We understand that with rules, policies and just the shear size of the website, it can be quite overwhelming. So we've created a presentation tour with just you in mind.

For now you can reply to any thread you wish. And once you have achieved the minimum of 20 post replies, you will be able to create your own threads in their appropriate areas & additionally send & receive messages to fellow ATS members. Private Messages can be sent to Staff only at this time.

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "Topics" of your choice. You will find numerous threads to choose from to add your thoughts to.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)

Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice

Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

AboveTopSecret is much like a theme park with many, many rides, with that said...
Here's a few thoughts before getting onto any one of the 1000's of topical rides at Above Top Secret, also known as ATS, the world's largest Civil & Unique Discussion Community.

*** Please be at least this tall to get on any of the rides, (Johnny stretches his arm outward), and act like an 'civil' adult. This will save you a lot of future stress, frustration and possible action by one of your friendly neighborhood Mods!

*** Please remember that some members are very passionate and vocal depending on what ride you're on. Before getting on a ride, you should be mentally fit, emotionally stable and have a strong stomach for theories, conjecture, research and evidence presented that may be contrary to your own.

*** Please be "open-minded" enough to understand that sometimes the ride isn't always what you might think or expect. At times, you may learn something new and 'out-of-the-box' before you get off the ride, this is a natural and normal phenomena.

*** Please note that at times the ride gets overly-heated and "it's strongly suggested" to get off the ride to regroup one's thoughts before continuing. This will also help guarantee that the ride will move forward without getting derailed or explode into a fiery trashbin.

*** Please have fun! But be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, use profanity, troll, intentionally spread a hoax and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Welcome! I'm no longer the "newest"!
Like you, I lurked for quite some time before joining.
I feel I'm learning fairly quickly but really need to go through the other links that I haven't visited yet and learn more. It seems like an enjoyable place to explore opinions of others and research ideas you haven't thought of before

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I want to add to this post, I only got partway. I can only attest to those things that I have discovered through personal experience and hope for understanding, I know that I am not "normal".

The Internet has been a recent addition to the sources I have had, but I also have studied "unauthorized technologies", or such as Scientology would call it. I understand why John Travolta is such a good actor, in any situation you put him in, he can succeed based on what he knows about manipulating human behaviour, as well as the universe around him. I can testify as to the reasons why the others in my class failed.

I have studied the law of attraction and have it working in my life. I can have anything I want, but why do I want more than what I need? I have simple needs.

I started with "Zen and the Art of Motorycle Maintenance" when I was young, leanred biofeedback and meditational techniques. I have had some great base knowledge from my pychology training and suggest some basic principles.

First is the definition of morals and ethics. These can easily be found in the definition by Abraham Maslow in term of the Hierarchy of Needs.

I will post more tomorrow, people just stopped by.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Manalow

can i call you Barry?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The path you have sown so far is rich with impositions by the Presence, yet devised by your free will. The best is yet to come. Be ready, as once There, there is no way to shut It off, no bridge to return and cross back over.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Manalow

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I would like to try two things that should work.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Excellent troll. True the one aspect, I might be older than you think. The nickname is from my gaming days. It was not spelled as such. Other people called me Tard. Eat that.

And no, Tard is short for something.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
So I need to express a few things, I need you all to agree with a simple concept. A man said this many years ago, Something along the lines of many gathered in his name and the power of that prayer. Prayer is based on agreement and multiple wills focused on the same result. The Universe is wired to give you the result of such prayer. The first part of that is having a basic prayer answered.

Maslow's hierachy of needs

As the focus of the multiple will grows greater, the level at which the focus is applied is higher, the effects are greater.

Scientology Tone Scale

I have experienced this firsthand.

The second part is the funky thing. For it to work, you must be explicit and have no personal gain in your heart, only that of the highest layer defined in the Hierarchy of Needs.

edit on 11-5-2012 by Manalow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
The trick is always to have an open mind and decide for yourself.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS

new topics

top topics

join