It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Sylvester Stallone’ spotted in 16th century painting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

There's always something new to discover in Vatican City. Anthony Zonfrell, 20, a visitor to the holy city did a double take when he saw Sylvester Stallone in one of Raphael's masterpieces.

OK, so it wasn't really Stallone. But the man who brought to life "Rocky," "Rambo" -- and is reprising his role in "The Expendables 2" this summer -- does bear more than a passing resemblance to an unnamed onlooker in a 1511 painting of Pope Gregory IX approving the Vatical Decretals.
Note the cheekbones. Note the heavy eyelids. Note the nose, the hair, the chiseled chin. Heck, everything about the holy man in the painting looks like Sly.

It's interesting to note that Stallone is himself a painter..

link

It really does look like "Rocky" to me.

I just read this story and I thought that I would post it here for everyone to read.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

So now we know why Stalone made it so big in movies. He's genetically connected to the popes in the Roman Catholic church. Seems pretty straightforward to me LOL.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
rockyfeller

all jokes aside could be sly's ancestor i think silvester should look at his family tree.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I'll admit, it's nice to see an old art peice that looks like Sly. But truth is, we could find a resemblance to almost anyone in those type of artwork to someone in our time out of the 7 billion people we have on this planet.

Wish I could explain this better, but I can't.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Wow

That man in the painting really does resemble Sylvester Stallone!

There's a reincarnation author who believes that when we are born our soul has like a physical template it imprints on our growing bodies. In other words, we end up resembling somewhat the person we were in a previous life.

If you're interested check out:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

(Not saying it's true of course
But I think it's a neat theory.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

Wish I could explain this better, but I can't.

Sly could be 501 years old

He sure looks like it

edit on 10-5-2012 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
whos that next to him cardinal mickey

he cut me mick he cut me (mickey says : get up to the alter and pray you son of a bitch coz mickey loves yer)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

He looks old because he is.

Let's not forget he is famous and well known so I'm not suprised somebody found a picture that looks like him from the 1500s. I bet there's a picture of me out there somewhere that was painted in the 1500s as well, maybe even one of you? How about all of us on ATS? A picture that resembles almost everyone on this planet pretty much.

S&F for you, I like this thread because it made my jaw drop xD

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Is it not considered a general conspiracy that someone may be 501 years old?

Thanks for bumping me to the chit chat section.

I mean really, is it a slow night at the moderator hall?

I am out of here.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Wow that's great!

I believe we all have a body double.. I cant count how many people have come up to me
and started chatting me up like we have known each other for years asking me how ive been... But guess what
i have never met these people in my life and they finally are like "Wow omg you look just like So and so"..
And i get this all the time... Its weird..

I can see how this could happen to SLY ..

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Hi lie junkie 01,

I noted that resemblance, which isn't the only one in that painting! And this to the point that it recently made it into one of my Clone Conspiracy threads.

We can now detail the Raphael Fresco in the Vatican's Sixtine Chapel more in detail. As I noted before, we have from Left to Right the following actors who were Cloned from the members of the Catholic Church represented in this painting, namely:

Silvester Stallone, Kevin Kline, Mike Myers, Clint Eastwood, Jean Claude Van Damme.

Scroll the picture to see them all...

From their clothing it can be seen that Sylvester Stallone and Kevin Kline (hide his forehead to see the similarity) are both Cloned from Cardinals, Mike Myers and Jean Claude Van Damme (hide forehead also) are Cloned from Bishops, and Clint Eastwood was Cloned from the Pope. The later is hardest to identify because of the thick white beard and wild papal outfit, plus the fact we are used to seeing him wearing a cowboy hat and toting a revolver - not quite the same getup.

You will note that the Raphael Fresco happens to have a vertical streak down the right cheek of the Bishop he painted, which is exactly at the same spot as the vertical scar down the cheek of Dr Evil. In case you are wondering, I reversed the picture of Dr Evil to show his resemblance with the Bishop. Dr Evil's scar is actually really positioned on his right cheek, just like the streak on the fresco. Google a picture and you'll see this too.

Also, Dr Evil happens to be wear what looks like a Vatican ring on his pinky finger, similar to the rings worn by Bishops as well as by Mafia Godfathers - who modeled their own rings after those of the church. They are worn as an symbol of power, and people must kiss it to show their total submission. All this is very bizarre. For more, here's a link to one of my Clone threads, the other is in the same section but deals with cloned politicians.

The Clone Conspiracy: Stars and Celebrity Clones

Getsmart

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Getsmart

Kevin Kline played a double of a president in the 1993 movie, "Dave." The double was good enough to be a clone. I wonder if that was a little tongue-in-cheek laugh at the sheeple?

new topics

top topics

join