It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horrific New Video Emerges of the Police Beating That Led to a Homeless Man's Death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Horrific New Video Emerges of the Police Beating That Led to a Homeless Man's Death

www .theblaze.com

Kelly Thomas, a 37-year-old homeless man who suffered from schizophrenia, is at the center of intense debate in Fullerton, California. It was last summer that The Blaze first reported about Thomas’ death, following an intense beating from local police officers. He was subsequently placed on life support following the incident and later passed away. Now, his family — and many in the community — are seeking justice.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
The article goes on to say :

A startling, 33-minute video shows the officers approaching Kelly, beating him and then seemingly laying on top of him. Throughout the ordeal, he can be heard screaming “help me,” among other pleas. Additionally, more than once, he tells the officers that he cannot breathe (his death certificate rules his death a homicide and proclaims that he died from ”mechanical chest compression with blunt cranial-facial injuries sustained during physical altercation with law enforcement”).

WARNING some people may find this video very disturbing.

Id never heard of this incident until today and found the video very distressing. Im not exactly sure what the guy did wrong in the first place but no one deserves to be treated in this way even if they are homeless. He did lose his temper with the way they were treating him but the police where big strong guys they should have been able to control the situation without beating the hell out of him. Theres no excuse for inflicting some much damage on this guy that he died for his injuries.

www .theblaze.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

The latest news on this case can be found here.

edit on 10-5-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
This has been posted a lot on ATS the past couple of days.
Still horrible the tenth time watching it.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

grrrrr this is what good taxpayers pay for, i say the law is an ass

edit on 24 4 2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
In England we call police "pigs"

If i ever got hold of them then "bacon" would definitely be on the menu

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
they didnt really beat him, he was a bit of a drama queen and most likely died of natural causes.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
all those responsible should be shot. murderers have no place in our society.

edit on 10-5-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimosa
they didnt really beat him, he was a bit of a drama queen and most likely died of natural causes.

These were the injuries he received (I would post them here but i think they might be to graphic for this site)

www.theblaze.com...

I think thats a bit more than just being a drama queen.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimosa

Did you watch the vid?

it clearly shows kicks, and one policeman hitting him repeatedly with a torch amongst other things

also he has schizophrenia which my brother has and he is hard work but does not deserve to get a beating
illness or not. It is called murder and these police deserve whatever they get..

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Damn right, hang em hang em hang em

don't even waste bullets...

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
This is being discussed here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

new topics

join