It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earths weird humming noise may be caused by stormy seas.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
An enigmatic humming sound made by the Earth may be caused by the planet�s stormy seas, suggests a new analysis.

Japanese seismologists first described the Earth�s humming signal in 1998. It is a deep, low-frequency rumble that is present in the ground even when there are no earthquakes happening. Dubbed the �Earth�s hum�, the signal had gone unnoticed in previous studies because it looked like noise in the data.

www.newscientist.com...

During January and March, the hum came mainly from the North Pacific Ocean. Then the source swapped to the southern oceans above Antarctica, before shifting north again in October. Therefore, the hum appears to follow winter in each hemisphere, when ocean storms are at their worst.

This could be an explaination for the humming noise heard in several states, for some reason the noise may be on a different frequency there.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Listen closly and you can hear gia wispering. Its very cool to think the earth realy is Alive maddy not like our life but alive never the less if this wasent so we wouldent excist.
Gia greek name for earth maining mother giver of life . Much better then calling our planet Dirt meining earth.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Listen closly and you can hear gia wispering.

When I listen closely, I hear my ears ringing.

[edit on 04/9/29 by GradyPhilpott]

new topics

join