It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Pit Bull's daring rescue to save it's owner.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Awe, when I saw this and looked at her picture, I was just wanted to adopt her so badly. Then it probably be a fight between my dog and her. But this dog put her life on the line to drag her owner off the train tracks (due from drinking too much) and ended up getting hit herself. She was immediately rushed to the hospital and looks to be doing okay. But, I hope they get more updates. I hope her internal injuries do not claim this poor dog's life. How adorable she is...

www.dailymail.co.uk...< br />
Hero dog critically hurt after dragging collapsed owner from train tracks and getting hit herself

By Laura Cox

PUBLISHED: 19:26 EST, 8 May 2012 | UPDATED: 19:26 EST, 8 May 2012

A heroic pit bull was hit by a train after putting herself in its path to save her unconscious owner.

Christine Spain was walking home from a friend’s house with her 8-year-old mutt Lilly when she collapsed on some train tracks in Shirley, Boston.

The quick-thinking pooch grabbed the woman and began dragging her toward safer ground, out of the path of an oncoming freight train.

edit on 10-5-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
This is a wonderful and amazing story. With all of the negative mis-information that some like to post about how dangerous pit bulls are, it does the heart good to see that there are some pit bulls (and I'm sure, there are many more) that are as loving and compassionate as this one demonstrated to be. He should be used as the spokesperson - uh... spokesdog for pit bull rights everywhere.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Great story Manhater! S&F

It's not the breed that's dangerous, it's the owner. How you bring up and treat your animal will determine it's character.
edit on 10-5-2012 by chrismicha77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Thanks for posting this up, unfortunately the link is no longer working.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
And this is why I'd rather regard dogs as holy than cows any day of the week. Such brilliant and courageous animals, some with better characters than some humans even.

Can you believe they eat dogs in some parts of Asia?! Sickens me.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverado292

okay, works now. I fixed the link. Thank you.

www.dailymail.co.uk...< br />

edit on 10-5-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
And to think, that Pitbulls are illegal to own here in Australia.

What a brave girl that dog is!

And yes, adorable.
edit on 10/5/12 by Pirateofpsychonautics because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
It's a wonderful example of the love animals have for their Human friends. And as another has said, it's the Human that creates a violent animal. If you taught your child to attack people from the age of 1 they would turn into psychotic people. The same happens with animals.

Anyone who teaches a domestic dog to attack Humans should be prosecuted.

In addition, I just want to remind all the animal lovers reading this thread that cosmetic and household products manufacturers STILL breed dogs for the purposes of torture and murder. This happens in your country.

You buy these products every week and support corporations that torture, maim and murder for profit.

Please, look into the brands you are supporting through buying their products, boycott those who refuse to put morality above profit. You do not need another pink lipstick tested force-fed to kittens, you do not need that spray that "kills 99% of all known blah blah blah's" but only came about through injection into puppies. Wake the f up and take responsibility for the sh*t you buy.

top topics

join