It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

September 29th, 2004 - One interesting day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Most of us here know why today is an interesting day.

It is the day of the closest approach of the Asteroid Toutatis, which has been much studied and discussed in the past several months.

But what some may not know are some of the other interesting occurences happening today that may or may not relate to the passing of this bizarre space object named after a Celtic God of War.

Today is Michaelmas, or St. Michael's Day. In ancient Hebrew astronomy, the planet Mars was thought to represent the Archangel Michael. Mars is of course, the Roman God of War.

Today also marks the conjunction of Jupiter, Mars and Mercury.

"9/29 Mercury is 0.61 degree north-northeast of Jupiter at 01:00;
Mercury, Mars, and Jupiter lie within a 1.06 degree diameter circle
at 08:00"

www.astrohbg.org...

Today is also the start of Sukkot or "The Feast of Booths (Tabernacles)". Sukkot commemorates the Israelites who travelled in the desert to the promised land and lived in sukkots or booths along the way. This particular Sukkot is thought by some to be represented in the following passage:

Isaiah 26:20-21:

"Come my people, enter thou into thy chambers and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast. For behold, the Lord cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain."

Today is also St. Gabriel's day. The Archangel Gabriel is known as God's messenger and is probably most famous for his role in blowing the horn to announce Judgment Day.

In Revelation 9:15, John states: "And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men."

One hour, one day, one month and one year ago from the closest approach of Toutatis, Mars made its closest approach to Earth in 60,000 years. This occurred on August 27, 2003.

en.wikipedia.org...

Strangely enough, that same day, the Alabama Supreme Court removed the 10 Commandments from its grounds.

www.cnn.com...

Today also marks the historic flight of SpaceShipOne into suborbit.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by VORTEXAS
Most of us here know why today is an interesting day.

Wasn't the world supposed to come to an end a couple of days ago?

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Wasn't the world supposed to come to an end a couple of days ago?

That would make today a very interesting day then, but not as interesting as yesterday!

Who told you the world was going to end? I daresay you were misinformed.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Today was also my Sons 6th Birthday whose name is MICHAEL....the only interesting thing here was my attempt to hook up his new gamecube to the living room tv....that was so much fun...for a few moments I did wish the world came to an end a couple days ago.....

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by VORTEXAS
!Who told you the world was going to end? I daresay you were misinformed.

I'm pretty sure I heard it here, so it must have been true. I also read the other day that the universe is created by some guy who thought it up, so maybe we're still here because some guy thought it up.

[edit on 04/9/29 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
LOL at your son's birthday today! How interesting...

Well, everything I stated above is a verifiable fact. No predictions or bizarre theories here.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Today was interesting because I had a double shot Vente Mocha that was really good! Then there was the flight of Spaceship one that I watched and that was really cool. It was also interesting because the weather changed just enough to indicate that Fall was really here!

[to the tune of Volare]

Toutatis! In space!
Toutatis! Going someplace!
You make all the sky chickens quake!
the planet you threaten to bake.
Toutatis! Whoooo hooooo
Toutatis! Whoooo hooooo
Say hello to the sun
Then to outer space you must run!
And make the sky chickens run.

>repeat

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
i do love coincidences. especially coincidental ones.

today... i had a letter published in the paper. i fixed the bandshell in the theatre. nothing special, really. other than, like, your entire post.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Interesting. With there only being 365 days in a year I bet there are a lot of coincidences like these throughout history. I'm not slagging your thread, just pointing it out.

Humans have knack for finding patterns for sure.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
This has been an unusual day. Today I read how cooking chicken can lead to a gunfight.

www.thecarolinachannel.com...

I guess they take their chicken seriously in the hills of West Virginia. Maybe they should have just cooked steak.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 12:46 AM
link   
So Toutatis missed then ?
Typical - I never get any fun. :shk:

join