It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic Handshake in the news

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Anyone see this Masonic Handshake with a very dubious Military Dictator: news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I didn't see anything in that article about it being Masonic. How do you know exactly? Especially considering the aweful picture quality...

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Ignore the story and if possible enhance the image on your PC especially the handshake Jack Straw makes with RM. I know a Masonic handshake when I see one.

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
I didn't see anything in that article about it being Masonic. How do you know exactly? Especially considering the aweful picture quality...

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Didn't really get anything from the photo of the handshake. Are you trying to assert it was masonic, or do you know for a fact it was? If so, how?

On a side note, this was really the only interesting thing in the whole article imho. I'm not a religious man, but the quote itself sounded like something talked about in the bible. I could be wrong though, just an interesting, passing thought. Below:

Shortly before the reception, in an address to the UN General Assembly, the Zimbabwean president accused US President George W Bush of behaving like God, and Tony Blair of being his prophet.

He said the US and the UK were "raining bombs and hell-fire on innocent Iraqis, purportedly in the name of democracy".

"We are now being coerced to accept and believe that a new political-cum-religious doctrine has arisen, namely that there is but one political God, George W Bush, and Tony Blair is his prophet."

Antichrist and False Prophet keep popping into my head. Dunno why to be honest.

X

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I know there are black Masons, but are they accepted enough, especially within the community of powerful white Mansons, to be treated as equals?

[edit on 29-9-2004 by curme]

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I have seen RM shake hands before in that manner, and if I was a betting man I'd say 110% that handshake was Masonic without really close inspection one of a Master Mason but that is without close inspection.

Originally posted by Xatnys
Didn't really get anything from the photo of the handshake. Are you trying to assert it was masonic, or do you know for a fact it was? If so, how?

On a side note, this was really the only interesting thing in the whole article imho. I'm not a religious man, but the quote itself sounded like something talked about in the bible. I could be wrong though, just an interesting, passing thought. Below:

Shortly before the reception, in an address to the UN General Assembly, the Zimbabwean president accused US President George W Bush of behaving like God, and Tony Blair of being his prophet.

He said the US and the UK were "raining bombs and hell-fire on innocent Iraqis, purportedly in the name of democracy".

"We are now being coerced to accept and believe that a new political-cum-religious doctrine has arisen, namely that there is but one political God, George W Bush, and Tony Blair is his prophet."

Antichrist and False Prophet keep popping into my head. Dunno why to be honest.

X

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Is it just me or does anyone else have the same impression. We have posters arrive here , lets say on the 28th of September and post provocative and outlandish statements and then they disapear. Soon after another poster arrives with another strangley outlandish post.

May I suggest to the Mods that it would be a good idea to have a one ID policy, so that posters can be reasonable assured that the guy starting the thread is not the same guy who just stopped posting on another.

Flaming or Trolling is a waste of everyones time and takes away from the genuine posts.

I am a Freemason and I can not tell from 30 - 40 feet away what is a Masonic shake and what is not, most of the Masons I know never use it.

I can find no evidence from various searches that either man is a Freemason. Neither acts like one. If you watch the interchange on video it lats about 2 seconds with no other reaction than you see in that photo.

Just another conspiracy theory without any substance.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Yep certainly looks like one, both touching each others knuckels in the "True Grip" of a Master Mason.
Mind you it is only a still shot and may be an illusion created by Jack Straw suddenly realising who he was shaking hands with and trying to withdraw.

However it is very rare in politics for anyone to shake hands publically now except in pre-arranged photo shoots for this very reason.

You'd think Jack would know better.

[edit on 29-9-2004 by MrNECROS]

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrNECROS
Yep certainly looks like one, both touching each others knuckels in the "True Grip" of a Master Mason.

It looks much more like "Shibboleth", the Pass Grip of the Fellow Craft, than "Ma-Ha-Bone", the Real Grip of the Master Mason.

Image in question

Pass Grip of the Fellow Craft

Real Grip of the Master Mason

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Something gets lost in still photos-

You loose that thumb movement.

Did they ever touch feet or knees with eachother? (serious here)

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Anyone see this Masonic Handshake

Where is the source that you are using as your standard of comparison?

You know what people say about opinions... we're looking for evidence.

MK

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Interesting,

Certianly does look like the finger on the knuckle Mason handshake. Jack Straws thumb is certainly out placed on exactly the right place to raise an eyebrow, or maybe 2!

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 05:46 AM
link   
....But seriously, who read this thread and attempted to shake their own hand....I did!

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I would agree with Stoneskull. It looks to me like the Pass Grip of the Fellow Craft.
Although I have had lots of people shake my hand like that. Some people just have a weak hand-shake.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Yes, distinct pressure between those two knuckles is certainly part of the pass grip or token leading from one degree to another.

The trouble is, Freemasons don't use that grip to recognise each other, and these things aren't done in photo ops.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 07:11 AM
link   
For goodness sake how the hell is he supposed to shake his hand with one finger up his nose. Its a normal handshake. It lasted two seconds tops.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Just to let every one know who hasn't read the story, this wasn't a photo op, someone just happened to be filming.
There is no way the British Government would endorse a photo op with Mugabi, hense the uproar.

[edit on 30-9-2004 by MrNECROS]

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
So where in the rules does it state that a new member cannot make a post on the website late at night then decide he needs to go to bed as he is up early every morning for work, or the fact that night time is the only opportunity that one can access sites like this as where one works sites like this are deemed inappropriate.

Either have some constructive comments to make by finding out the facts of why I have been posting briefly or put a sock in it.

And if you really are a Freemason and you doubt my knowledge I'll say something to you that you should be fully aware of:

Try me and prove me through the U2U?

If you are a Mason you should recognise the grip maybe FC or indeed MM look where on the back of RM's hand JC places his thumb. And as someone rightly pointed out the Govt. wouldn't exactly encourage Cabinet members shaking hands with a dictator like Mugabe.

And just where did you search to find out either one is a Freemason?

Originally posted by billmcelligott
Is it just me or does anyone else have the same impression. We have posters arrive here , lets say on the 28th of September and post provocative and outlandish statements and then they disapear. Soon after another poster arrives with another strangley outlandish post.

May I suggest to the Mods that it would be a good idea to have a one ID policy, so that posters can be reasonable assured that the guy starting the thread is not the same guy who just stopped posting on another.

Flaming or Trolling is a waste of everyones time and takes away from the genuine posts.

I am a Freemason and I can not tell from 30 - 40 feet away what is a Masonic shake and what is not, most of the Masons I know never use it.

I can find no evidence from various searches that either man is a Freemason. Neither acts like one. If you watch the interchange on video it lats about 2 seconds with no other reaction than you see in that photo.

Just another conspiracy theory without any substance.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
That is not the grip of a master mason, where do you get your source information from

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by curme

wow, do you know anything about masonry or do you make it up as you go. the entire world is not white there are lodges in all countries around the world. and unfortunately the usa is the only country that has 12 states that do not accept black masons and they are all in the south. they seem to not wanna accept free men at all

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join