It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Final nail in Euro: 'It's a programmed crisis' - RT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
This is from RT news but still an interesting and plausible assessment of the situation. I don't necessarily think it would be a complete end of the Euro, but there will be a very costly structural change to the Eurozone and just how great the impact both in Europe and the world abroad is yet to be seen as I don't think anyone has any idea. The video makes a good point imo that there is no solution to the euro crisis, because if there was then they could lay it out on the table and worl toward it. But all they are doing at the moment is managing from crisis to crisis where each ensuing crisis is getting worse and harder to contain. The video points out there will be a domino effect from Greece to Spain, Portugal and then Italy, which will inevitably be the 'final nail in the Euro'. .

Political parties in Greece are struggling to come up with a power-sharing coalition deal, sending the crisis-hit country into further turmoil. General elections on Sunday failed to produce an outright winner, with leading parties so far failing to form a government. Without an agreement, fresh elections would have to be held. On Thursday, Athens is due to receive 5.2 billion euros in bailout funds but several eurozone countries were reluctant to forward this money because of the political instability. As part of the bailout terms, Athens must pass 14.5 billion euros worth of austerity measures in June. But financial chaos has led to public mistrust of pro-austerity parties. For more on this, RT talks to economic analyst, Michael Mross.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

If Greece cannot form a government perhaps the EU and IMF will install a new one comprised of top banking executives. I mean.. they replaced their prime minister.. why not replace their parliament as well?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

If Greece cannot form a government perhaps the EU and IMF will install a new one comprised of top banking executives. I mean.. they replaced their prime minister.. why not replace their parliament as well?

Yeah that'll go over well. It's not like the Gov't's and Bankers have had their hands in these economic problems, why not just combine em. Fast track to nowhere. You do know you're on a conspiracy site right?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
They blame the euro, and do not look at the fraud Greece commited with the help of Goldman Sach so they could join the euro, then they ignore the fact that Greece has had +25% of people working for the government and the role of politicians who bought votes, many people did not pay their taxes.
It has been a mess for years that was exposed after a new government took office after the 2009 elections.
For years the numbers were falsified.

The second point is that devaluating a currency is not the answer to growth, it is theft.
The answer to growth is the real economy, jobs and production, actually produce something that people need or like.
Labor is a lot more healthy to grow a economy than devaluing the currency.

Because it is done presently on such a large scale, the people worldwide are being robbed of their wealth.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

I think we call that an invasion, or maybe a war.

If the Greeks don't do what we ask of them nicely, we just have to go in there and force it on them whether they like it or not.

new topics

top topics

join