It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ritmeyer Archaeological Design | …for the latest research, ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Ritmeyer Archaeological Design | …for the latest research, ...

www.ritmeyer.com... - Similarto Ritmeyer Archaeological Design | …for the latest research]www.ritmeyer.com
exnews]Ritmeyer Archaeological Design | …for the latest research, ...
www.ritmeyer.com/ - Similarto Ritmeyer Archaeological Design | …for the latest research, ...

2 days ago ... Hebrew University archaeologist finds the first evidence of a cult in Judah at ... Yosef Garfinkel, the Yigal Yadin Professor of Archaeology at the Institute of .... This is a tangible greeting of sorts from a man named Matanyahu who ... Archeologists in search of biblical evidence have been digging up ancient ...
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 5/10/2012 by longjohnbritches because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Hey ATS this is a very interesting find. I hope it is the correct forum this time. It is current and old. Biblical and all that stuff too. With all that's going on in the world Today,here is a glimpse of the Holy land of long ago.
Most are very familiar with the bible and should be able to relate.
The best ljb

[urlwww.ritmeyer.com... [/url]- Similarto Ritmeyer Archaeological Design | …for the latest research]www.ritmeyer.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
It is my hope that this thread can remain here.
At least for a bit. It has way more meaning in our contemporary world than jut archeology. Although it is a fitting thread for Ancient and Lost Civilizations as well.
thank you ljb

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
OP, please put some clip of info about this topic, i am reading it, (about a quarter done) and still don't really know what the big fuss is all about

Here's the guts

Located approximately 30 km. southwest of Jerusalem in the valley of Elah, Khirbet Qeiyafa was a border city of the Kingdom of Judah opposite the Philistine city of Gath. The city, which was dated by 10 radiometric measurements (14C) done at Oxford University on burned olive pits, existed for a short period of time between ca. 1020 to 980 BCE, and was violently destroyed. The biblical tradition presents the people of Israel as conducting a cult different from all other nations of the ancient Near East by being monotheistic and an-iconic (banning human or animal figures). However, it is not clear when these practices were formulated, if indeed during the time of the monarchy (10-6th centuries BC), or only later, in the Persian or Hellenistic eras. The absence of cultic images of humans or animals in the three shrines provides evidence that the inhabitants of the place practiced a different cult than that of the Canaanites or the Philistines, observing a ban on graven images. The findings at Khirbet Qeiyafa also indicate that an elaborate architectural style had developed as early as the time of King David. Such construction is typical of royal activities, thus indicating that state formation, the establishment of an elite, social level and urbanism in the region existed in the days of the early kings of Israel. These finds strengthen the historicity of the biblical tradition and its architectural description of the Palace and Temple of Solomon.

edit on 10-5-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Gosh, your Avatar name is apropos!
Hi Jor.
I think what I gather is that they found evidence of a cult that differed from the norm.
I think you need to read it all. Authors are very crafty these days.
Save the best for last lol
I hope your reading is not for naught.
Cheers ljb

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches

Gosh, your Avatar name is apropos!
Hi Jor.
I think what I gather is that they found evidence of a cult that differed from the norm.
I think you need to read it all. Authors are very crafty these days.
Save the best for last lol
I hope your reading is not for naught.
Cheers ljb

It basicly saids , or what they are trying to say (horrible writing) is that they found a pre king david tribe (cusp of king david) and they suggest that this tribe was monotheistic, because their were no animal or god figures. That is what I got out of it

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

hi jor
More pieces to the puzzles of life. Of course the background stuff is there too.
I thought folks here would be very interested. Guess not.
Go figure?
The best ljb

new topics

top topics

join