It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi - New to ATS, from the UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Hi, im 27 and iv often browsed this forum to what sightings thoughts other people have experienced.

Iv always had an interest in Sci fi since a young age, my dad bought me my first telescope when i was 10, lasted til i was about 13, then things like Games / Football (Soccer to you americans) became the norm in my life

Just wanted to share a few things, i consider myself a very normal person with a decent job working for the UK's largest Accountancy software firm.

Im from the countryside near a place called Kielder so im used to star gazing, coming home late at night, looking up to the sky and just hoping to see something out of the ordinary. Whether or not its a UFO, a shooting Star, or the northern lights.

My interest these days is wondering if we are alone in the Universe, i dont consider myself to be crazy or someone who claims to have been abducted by little green men, howevver i have seen things that i cant explain and some which i can, il share a couple below:

My experience with UFO's could be dismissed within an instant however the simplicity of it is what has made it stick in my mind since i was 13.

My mam was driving me to a local town called Hexham, and on the route you climb a steep hill, then go over the brow of the hill and the whole of the town opens up and you can see for miles, from here you can see the lights from the neighbouring city (newcastle 26 miles away). it was when we drove over the brow of the hill i looked up at the sky noticing what a beautiful day it was, with very high cirrus clouds but bright blue sky. out of the clouds, down came 5 white triangles. The didnt do anything spectacular. they didnt circle the whole sky or anything like that. However they did do a very memorable movement, they moved up and down, side to side, then all at once shot back up into the clouds. The whole thing lasted approximately 20 seconds however the image has stuck in my mind ever since and i can remember it as though it was yesterday

Coming from where i live, these could never be Seaguls / Helicoptors / Carrier bags / Lanterns. The most plausable explanation for this is that it cannot be explained, It was witnessed by my mam who also shares another more indepth experience bt that is for another day, Which brings me nicely on to my next experience.

On the 3/3/2012, Out of the window i saw the most brilliant scene, a huge meteorite streaking accross the sky. it took a total of approx 15 seconds before it was no longer visable. This event was witnessed by thousands of people in the north east of england and was country wide news. i remember watching the videos on the news to remind myself of the event, looking at my own brothers PICTURES of the event

this is a quote from the local newspaper which features an interview with my sister in law

*******“************************** Myself and my husband were standing in the garden when we saw a huge meteor blazing across the sky at 21.45. “It was like nothing we had ever seen before. It was travelling so slowly and took about 20 seconds to disappear over the horizon. “It had a massive orange tail which it kept until low to the horizon where it turned into a glowing ball. It was amazing !***********************************

Now just today i went to youtube to re-watch the videos and people are actually trying to debunk a legitamate event calling it fake, link below

www.youtube.com...

i just really want to say to anyone from a part of the world who heard about the event but doubted its integrity, it is completely true and not once ounce of it is exaggerated, it seems that some peoples role in life is to ensure that we see things in only one colour ... Grey
edit on 10-5-2012 by kevbrownuk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Hi there, and welcome friend

Nice introduction post, was a good read.

Hope to see you around.

Warm regards and looooove,

Elysra

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
hello from a fellow UK ats member, also new.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS....enjoy the ride....

Des

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
sounds like search lights to me

www.myspace.com...

did they move like that by any chance?

I am new too, welcome

edit on 10-5-2012 by dmsuse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Hi also new, also from UK
I didn't see the meteorite my self but i do recall it being on the news with some stunning video's
not sure why people would say it's fake
I remember seeing one in the south about 20 years ago, it was quite a sight and tore across the sky
Welcome and great post

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dmsuse

thanks for the reply, im used to seeing things like what you have posted, we actually had that in hexham in october time so im very familiar with these skylights and what they can do and i can be 100% sure that is was not it, its hard to explain however the explanations i can find is , its easier to rule out what it was not, rather than work out what it was. all i can say is the objects were tangible , at 2pm on a sunny day

What your referring too is something called Spook Night which they occasionally have in hexham,
Picture below:

ironically the picture does give quite a good night time view of what you can see of the surrounding area so you can clearly work out what is tangible and what is not whether its day or night,

the memory is still so clear i could actually create it in photo shop and it would actually bare more resemblance to what i saw more than any normal explanations can offer

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kevbrownuk

Welcome to ATS from Australia mate. I myself believe I have seen a ufo, and I also live in the worlds second most haunted city, Brisbane (London is the first
)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, where the weird are normal and the normal don't exist!

Good introduction, and we hope to see more of you!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Hi from Manchester . Nice intro . Welcome to ATS

new topics

top topics

join