It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you want to do before you die?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by Wonders
1. Acknowledge God in all my ways.
2. Trust in the Lord with all my heart.
3. Love my enemies.
4. Work
5. Control my tongue.
6. Witness revival.
7. Pray continually.
8. Understand the bible front to back.
9. Live in humility.
10. Destroy the works of the devil.

Hey Wonders, here's a suggestion for a thread for you to start. Not me because I'm atheist, but I would love to read the responses to: List Ten things you think god would want you to do before you die.
Those are ten things I think God would want me to do before I die. I could list a lot more, but not even the resurrection of the dead will sway those who don't bother trying to understand the bible.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

1. Acknowledge God in all my ways.
2. Trust in the Lord with all my heart.
3. Love my enemies.
4. Work
5. Control my tongue.
6. Witness revival.
7. Pray continually.
8. Understand the bible front to back.
9. Live in humility.
10. Destroy the works of the devil.

Hey Wonders, here's a suggestion for a thread for you to start. Not me because I'm atheist, but I would love to read the responses to: List Ten things you think god would want you to do before you die.
Those are ten things I think God would want me to do before I die. I could list a lot more, but not even the resurrection of the dead will sway those who don't bother trying to understand the bible.

He wouldn't want you to completely explore all the gifts he given you? The lust for beautiful women. Hot sex. The need to compete with your fellow man. Try every delicious food on earth. Explore your talents and use them for all they're worth.

I know that I would feel really disappointed if I gave someone a gift and they didn't use it. I could write a program (create a man on the computer) that can do most of the things on your list. Is that what you want to be, a mindless program for God? I truly don't believe that's what he wants from any of us.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I'd like to know who I am other than my name.

I'd like to know what I am other than being classified as a human.

I'd like to know where I am other than some place on Earth.

I'd like to know how I became other than my parents doing the nasty.

I'd like to visit all of our ancient sites on this planet.

I'd like to see the global elite out of power.

I'd like to possess as much knowledge as possible.

I'd like to communicate with our space brothers and sisters.

I just wanna be what I was born to be; "Free and Independent"!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

He wouldn't want you to completely explore all the gifts he given you? The lust for beautiful women. Hot sex. The need to compete with your fellow man. Try every delicious food on earth. Explore your talents and use them for all they're worth.

I know that I would feel really disappointed if I gave someone a gift and they didn't use it. I could write a program (create a man on the computer) that can do most of the things on your list. Is that what you want to be, a mindless program for God? I truly don't believe that's what he wants from any of us.

Lets see, hmm, do I WANT TO be a mindless program..lol Jesus was considered demon POSESSED, you're beginning to sound like the snake from Eden.
And you're right about the talents. The earth is the Lord's and everything in it.

Matthew 25:13-30

13 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour.

14 “Again, it will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servants and entrusted his wealth to them. 15 To one he gave five bags of gold, to another two bags, and to another one bag,[a] each according to his ability. Then he went on his journey. 16 The man who had received five bags of gold went at once and put his money to work and gained five bags more. 17 So also, the one with two bags of gold gained two more. 18 But the man who had received one bag went off, dug a hole in the ground and hid his master’s money.

19 “After a long time the master of those servants returned and settled accounts with them. 20 The man who had received five bags of gold brought the other five. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘you entrusted me with five bags of gold. See, I have gained five more.’

21 “His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’

22 “The man with two bags of gold also came. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘you entrusted me with two bags of gold; see, I have gained two more.’

23 “His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’

24 “Then the man who had received one bag of gold came. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘I knew that you are a hard man, harvesting where you have not sown and gathering where you have not scattered seed. 25 So I was afraid and went out and hid your gold in the ground. See, here is what belongs to you.’

26 “His master replied, ‘You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew that I harvest where I have not sown and gather where I have not scattered seed? 27 Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest.

28 “‘So take the bag of gold from him and give it to the one who has ten bags. 29 For whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them. 30 And throw that worthless servant outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

Bible

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Achieve immortality...

Or, ascension might be okay too.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
Achieve immortality...

Or, ascension might be okay too.

According to all the great masters and most spiritual traditions, that opportunity is available to us at every moment, and that's what I'd like ot realize too, that death has no meaning, which kinda takes the pressure off and makes you feel like a kid again. In my mind, eternal life gives this life more meaning than death as the last word.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

To become immortal

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
A lot of idealist answers here...follow Gods plan, attain superior knowledge, become immortal, etc... Why not list things that you can actually do?

When you die all of this idealist thinking dies with you, and all that's left is the impression you made on the world through what you did.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I would like to see my daughter grown, safe, happy, and self sufficient.

I would like to go to Ireland without having to fly or get on a boat.
Yes, I know...

I would like to see Political Correctness bite the dust in a really big way.

I would like to be comfortable financially (not rich) for a time at least once before I die.

I guess my list is kind of boring. I am sure there is more, but it's along the same lines. I am not a hard gal to please!

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
NOTHING! That's why i'm doing EVERYTHING i've always wanted to do, NOW! I'm not sure what everybody else is waiting for? LIVE LIFE to the FULLEST. You only have 1 (one)!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join