It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you want to do before you die?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
give up everything I have, and live my last days in happiness just following my dreams ....

but wait, I have already done that, so I guess I am ready to die now

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Absolutey nothing I haven't been doing for the past 5 years.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

Before I die I want to:

1. Make my daughter financially secure.
2. Give Kristen Kreuk a kiss on the forehead. Hey, if I wasn't so old that kiss would be lower, MUCH lower.
3. Inspire really old people to kill at least one drug dealer (or other bad guy) before they die.
4. Build a device that would prevent loud music from spilling over onto other people's property.
5. Find a way to outlaw cell phones.
6. Think of just the right words that would bring everyone out of their religious fantasies.
7. Think of just the right words to convince everyone that all nuclear plants should be shut down until a way is found to make the spent fuel rods compatible with the planet.
8. Teach everyone how to spell 'lose' correctly.
9. Find a way to upload my mind into a computer.
10. Make it mandatory for all political candidates to take a lie detector test.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

That's gotta be the best list I have seen yet...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
What do I want to do before I die? Live longer I suppose.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

I want to feel true happiness and joy just once before I die. Having to pretend all the time (so that I don't stand out or hurt peoples feelings) is so tiring and I always feel like such a fake.

Rev

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

but knowing that u will die how could u mean living? it means that u feel well with lies

how can u be aware alone so necessarily true at a point since only u the aware while adapted to b alone liar ?

im meaning smthg here lol im kidding just figure it now

it shows how freedom is not the truth while it is the exclusive possible else

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
1. Acknowledge God in all my ways.
2. Trust in the Lord with all my heart.
3. Love my enemies.
4. Work
5. Control my tongue.
6. Witness revival.
7. Pray continually.
8. Understand the bible front to back.
9. Live in humility.
10. Destroy the works of the devil.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Funny how most people have these creative list of things which do before death, and yet I have nothing I wish to accomplish. I wanted children and to join the Marines. Did both and now I am pretty bored with life. Which is why I come here. I have never wanted to be rich or famous and anything else that I have truly desired I have already obtained. Living a life already accomplished at the mere age of 25 has left me with plenty of time to consider what to do with the rest of my life. With that being said and a lot of soul searching, my only desire now is to serve God. Regardless of your personal beliefs, I find that the message Jesus has brought to this world is one that can only lead to good, wholesome results in the world. That is of course excluding those(many people) that have corrupted it. If one actually takes the teachings to heart and do as instructed I do not see how anyone could really be unhappy in life. It is kind of funny, I have never cared about anyone yet now I can not see any reason as to why I shouldn't. Therefor, I am going to do the opposite of what have in the past. In general, I believe this will make me a better person. As for everyone else here, I wish you the best of luck in achieving your goals and I will just add that you should not wait too long to accomplish them as your time may run out sooner than expected.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonders
1. Acknowledge God in all my ways.
2. Trust in the Lord with all my heart.
3. Love my enemies.
4. Work
5. Control my tongue.
6. Witness revival.
7. Pray continually.
8. Understand the bible front to back.
9. Live in humility.
10. Destroy the works of the devil.

Hey Wonders, here's a suggestion for a thread for you to start. Not me because I'm atheist, but I would love to read the responses to: List Ten things you think god would want you to do before you die.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by jiggerj

That's gotta be the best list I have seen yet...

Thanks! I'm particularly fond of #2 on the list.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubtI could go into other things but... this isn't about that. This is about what you want before you die and mine would be to realize whatever it is that I have been spared to attend.

Why am I not dead? There has to be a reason...

I know exactly what you mean. I was almost killed by epiglottitis when I was seven. I actually would have been dead had I arrived at the hospital 15 minutes later. So many times I could have fallen down extremely steep hills/embankments etc. There were also numerous occasions I was 'spared' from cars that almost hit me (I was a stupid kid.)

Was I actually 'spared'? I don't know. There were so many times that I could have died. I've always found it strange how I managed to pull out of these scenarios at the last second.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

I'm going to live till I die, not worrying about death. I will be cautious though not to cause myself a life full of grief , pain, and regrets. If people would learn not to take risks to gain wealth and unneeded respect, they could live a full and enjoyable life and not work so hard. So many people waste their life trying to get the respect of people that they don't need to have the respect of. This causes them to miss out on the good in life. We need the respect of our family and friends. Some people falsely think that you gain respect of our family and friends by working themselves into the grave. We just need to talk to them and enjoy their company without feeling bad because we deep down inside feel we are not worthy of their friendship. I have friends with a lot of money and they sometimes feel out of place for not having new stuff all the time because they are expected to. This is just conditioning of the society we have created. I don't care what they drive or wear.

All this leaves me to believe in just being myself and getting out of the rat race. Friends don't compete with friends for the limelight, that is ridiculous. I don't want to go back to that wasted life of stress. I want to live until I die.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

I'm on my ninth life already. Which one are you on?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

3. Inspire really old people to kill at least one drug dealer (or other bad guy) before they die.

I'm sorry this just freaked me right out. WHY? We can't harm, and you would want to convince an old person about to make it out of this nightmare, go to the winterlands. Never ever ever ever harm. Pray for that person to recover their light. Love them uncondtionally. Progress beyond earth. No hellzones. We cannot harm anyone.
edit on 13-5-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
To do the things I came to do, to not let Family down or my family here down or myself down.

To help my children develop themselves, to be the best mother I can be. To overcome everything, and bring joy to them.

To see this world transform to the paradise/eutopia/heaven it is mean to be, and everyone healed and set free.

To have all winterlands/hellzones places of great healing and no more suffering allowed, that everyone learn in joy, and happiness, that no one suffers like this ever ever again and for all negatives everywhere to start to LOVE.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by jiggerj

I'm sorry this just freaked me right out. WHY? We can't harm, and you would want to convince an old person about to make it out of this nightmare, go to the winterlands. Never ever ever ever harm. Pray for that person to recover their light. Love them uncondtionally. Progress beyond earth. No hellzones. We cannot harm anyone.

Yeah and while you're praying for the drug dealer, he's still pushing poison onto our kids. If there were a REAL threat, like not knowing where a bullet is going to come from, but sure that it's coming, now that would be a serious deterent.

Life is only sacred when EVERYBODY agrees that it's sacred. Until then, we need the bad guys to feel such fear that they're sh----ing in their pants. Mafia's, corrupt officials...you named the disease on mankind and I guarantee you it will still be here a million years from now if we're just giving the bad guys a slap on the wrist.
edit on 5/14/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

You can't harm him no matter what. And the evil that is done by fascism is causing that scenario. The CIA and the ones running that show, thats their baby. And we all share the world and the resources, that we're not doing so is a massive crime. That drug dealer is also a victim of this mind control and we are always to be LOVE to everyone. Judging and murdering anyone like has consequences, and having to go through everything that person ever went through, and no one off the hook for murder and taking shortcuts.

Instead the work is to elminate all of this behavior by elminating the Power Structure prohibiting freedoms of all people and making a fortune off the black market that simply should not exist.

So its working for a free and equal world where we arent controlled like that.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by jiggerj

You can't harm him no matter what. And the evil that is done by fascism is causing that scenario. The CIA and the ones running that show, thats their baby. And we all share the world and the resources, that we're not doing so is a massive crime. That drug dealer is also a victim of this mind control and we are always to be LOVE to everyone. Judging and murdering anyone like has consequences, and having to go through everything that person ever went through, and no one off the hook for murder and taking shortcuts.

Instead the work is to elminate all of this behavior by elminating the Power Structure prohibiting freedoms of all people and making a fortune off the black market that simply should not exist.

So its working for a free and equal world where we arent controlled like that.

In a perfect world, you are 100% correct. In this world, however, there will always be those born with unrestrained aggression and utter lack of repect for others. Fear is the only cure for these individuals. If you are trying to make heaven on earth - not gonna happen.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Route 66
Trans siberia railway
Tour Europe on my bike.
Play a few gigs
Get a full patch.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join