It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

newly discovered mayan calendars go beyond 2012

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Senseless people and skeptics have blown this whole 2012 thing into a doomsday scenario and I would like any skeptic or believer to show us where 2012 was a 'doomsday'.

Last I checked it was just a marking of another astronomical cycle they had observed. The whole timing of the orbit around the milky way is quite impressive in it self.

Here is a quote from a 'news' site.

"Why would they go into those numbers if the world is going to come to an end this year?" observed Anthony Aveni of Colgate University in New York, an expert on Mayan astronomy. "You could say a number that big at least suggests that time marches on."
www.nzherald.co.nz...

Where the bleep are they saying 2012 is the end of the world? Do any of you really believe it will be the end of the human race?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

I agree, my first thought was, "how convenient." Let's distract the masses with this "newly found Mayan calendar." Just because it's in the news doesn't mean it's real, or if it is real what it means? How long did it take them to interpret this new calendar?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ronnypeppers

I'm of the awareness that the mayan council leaders have said repeatedly that the mayan date of dec 21 2012 is not of earth "ending" means.. but of ending the world "as you know it" ... and specifically they say that humans will "view TIME .. and their BODIES in a completely different manner"....

if you ask me.. i'd inbiasedly say that that would hint at humans evolving to a point where they are no longer reliant upon their infrastructure.... ie: super powers. absolute liberation...

all humans... NO... only a select few thousand.. an initial wave..

you will see super heroes soon.

oh you think it's funny...

wait till you're clinging to a roof in an earthquake-flood-tornado while starving and dehydrated..... ducking bullets from neighboring roof-fareres....

and you look up and someone who is FLYING comes down and saves you and brings you to safety....

laugh then... and drop your jaw just like the billions of other dumbfounded dip...

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
wait till you're clinging to a roof in an earthquake-flood-tornado while starving and dehydrated..... ducking bullets from neighboring roof-fareres....

Why the hell would my neighbors be shooting at me?

I mean sure, a few of them have caught me naked in their pool during the early AM hours, but that's hardly a good reason to kill me.
edit on 12-5-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

I mean sure, a few of them have caught me naked in their pool during the early AM hours, but that's hardly a good reason to kill me.

k ya got me there.... MAYBE people up in BC will be polite and gentle towards one another during the economic collapse natural disaster bio terror nuclear apocalypse.

but maybe not in LA or Oakland.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
Doesn't matter...

They didn't use Leap Years, we do. It should be 2013 by now

They used the stars which also dont use leap years. Their calendar is correct. The people who translated it into our gregorian calendar accounted for the leap years so its still 2012.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

if you look like your avatar, i would shoot you on sight.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

k ya got me there.... MAYBE people up in BC will be polite and gentle towards one another during the economic collapse natural disaster bio terror nuclear apocalypse.

People up here would be cooperating. Many people do own rifles and shotguns for the purpose of hunting, but in the event of a SHTF scenario, most people here would stick together and shoot deer or moose if they needed sustenance, not other people

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

People up here would be cooperating. Many people do own rifles and shotguns for the purpose of hunting, but in the event of a SHTF scenario, most people here would stick together and shoot deer or moose if they needed sustenance, not other people

100% .. all of them.. even the criminals .. and the inmates that escape their jails during it... plus all the un-caught criminals .... none of them... 100% of them would be calm and polite and nonviolent toward one another.. even when starving.. or realizing there is no repercussion for their actions... no law..

k... you are living in fantasy land..

and you will be sorely surprised...

and you will be like omg dude a superhero just saved me...

that's not fantasy land.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join