It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can ANYONE explian these PINK clouds seen by many??? Thanks in advance.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Perfect and makes sense too. I think I may have heard the sailor version before. thanks for responding back & letting me know

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I was told that pollution in the air can make the prettiest sunsets. So it depends on what is actually in the atmosphere as to what colors your sunsets are gonna be. My source? My mom told me so.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

They are very common where I live, how many do you want?

They usually appear when the air is dry, and if the air is not that dry (or maybe because of dust in the air), we can even see a pinkish air.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by elouina

Thanks elouina for your input. Is there some way the sun can still reflect them in the nite hours. Because the one I seen over me was on Tuesday and it was @ nite and it looked like the nearby connecting clouds were still greyishblue or unchanged but it was pink more people around the city are noticing them more and seem like they are new to them as well.

Maybe the moon perhaps? What night was the super moon? I can remember some really dark clouds hanging around then. And vaguely some pinkish overcast. Or perhaps the sun wasn't entirely out of view yet? Since some really dark clouds could have been obscuring the last of the sunlight. (Was it close to 9 PM? ) As for the day you saw this, I can remember seeing this at least 2 evenings this week. I have been on vacation this week and like to take my cats out during this time. And actualy the pink passed quicker than usual and I didn't bother grabbing my camera.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DropOfKim

I agree with you on that pov that the pollution in the air could cause changing effects on the way the sky looks. I actually was considering if the Fukushima radiation is assisting in these interesting colors as far as the radiation being the pollution factor. Thanks for your time DropOfKim

reply to post by ArMaP

ArMaP thanks for you pic additions as well to the thread. From what I have observed from you you carry a scientific energy or profession with you not sure if cosmic related or weather either way you seem to be one of the individuals of ATS that should understand these clouds more then most. So I am gonna take your input as well as others and let it fly as a normal cloud event. They just seem weird and havent seem them that much the orange color but not the pink.

I thank you all who took time to help me out with this data

NAMASTE*******

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
If my memory serves (and it generally does) they used to paint Spitfires pink, that was the height of stealth technology back in the day. Pink's quite a common colour in the sky, if more people looked up from their mobile phones and their tweetybooks they might know that.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by chrismicha77
This is from the sun reflecting off the atmosphere, very common.

Not really. I haven't ever noticed them until relatively recently.

Just to repeat as others have mentioned: I have seen them many times and even dating back decades ago and i dont stare the sky all day long.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I haven't seen a pink cloud other than at sunset, but I did see a really strange, bright cloud the other night. It was about 12AM and I was out on the porch having a cigarette with my fiancee. I looked down the street and noticed a cloud that looked like it was lighted (blueish) from the inside.

The weird thing is that it looked like car exhaust and was only 40-50 feet over the trees. And it was shaped like an M1911. Thing is, there's no road in the direction it came from for over 3/4 of a mile.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Vanilla skies... Renaissance painters used to paint these

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheIrvy

reply to post by Malcher

Thank you both for your thread additions. I am going to accept it as what its being called as normal. I just cannot remember seeing these types of clouds @least not in this region much. And the one that floated above me others were watching and wondering as it did seem lower then others. If they are normal as many within the thread have stated then I will go with that as well. Still seemed a little strange.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnivea

Interesting you seen a blue cloud. I tried to take pics of the one I see almost everynite and also tried to find if there was a city light/building light responsible for it but as of yet have not got any proof of it being related to them. It does at times move which makes me think if its a building light then how? I also gave it the maybe its the moon reflecting but thing is it just does not fit. So I have just tried to read vibes from it if any and there is where I have been with it as of now.

Magnivea 1 appreciates your input within the thread Namaste

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by flice
Vanilla skies... Renaissance painters used to paint these

I will try to find some of those paintings to see how the artist depicted them along with the sun if in the paintings. Thanks

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Wow. Three pages on "pink clouds"? Really?
Googling at the moment, "pink clouds" turns up 25,000,000 hits.
The only color not seen in clouds or anywhere else in the whole freaking atmosphere is magenta because it is a blend of red and purple light, opposite ends of the visible light spectrum.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

Well, there must be something changing here in Texas, because I don't ever remember seeing them here until relatively recently. I don't recall ever seeing them in my travels to any other states, either.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
ArMaP thanks for you pic additions as well to the thread. From what I have observed from you you carry a scientific energy or profession with you not sure if cosmic related or weather either way you seem to be one of the individuals of ATS that should understand these clouds more then most.
I just like meteorology.

As for low, bright clouds at night, it could be because of light coming from the ground, in some places with lights pointing up (or with badly designed street lights), a low cloud above it can get illuminated.

PS: I said "bright clouds" but we should remember that our sight is very good at adapting to the surrounding conditions, so what we see as a "bright cloud" in a night sky can be just a little brighter than the rest of the sky.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I thought it was pollution.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

Portugal doesn't have that much pollution, and the photos I posted were all taken during or after sunset, so they point to the west, and in that direction we have only the Atlantic ocean.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
When I first moved down to near-London I was shocked to to see the sky held in a perpetual orange/yellow glow from all the street and motorway lights. Do you live near any major highways?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Just for your information ArMaP, what you have there is a sun pillar, and quite a strong one at that. Nice shots BTW

As for the OP's post, I'd also agree that the first images posted were of perfectly normal pink clouds, followed by photographs of what was most probably light pollution by the looks/sound of it. I know all too well how hard the stuff is to get away from

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Going on pics posted, I've seen many a pink/red clouded sky all my life. I think it's called sunrise/sunset. ( red sky at night shepards delight/red sky in morning shepards warning) or something along those lines. In saying that red/pink/ blue clouds at midnight ? Strange. Possibly light pollution!! Would be unnerving that late

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join