It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can ANYONE explian these PINK clouds seen by many??? Thanks in advance.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

edit on 10-5-2012 by emberscott because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I see this phenomenon regularly where I live (Norway) it usually occurs during sunset and sunrise.

Nothing suspicious about this

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Why would they just now start showing up?

My point as well if from natural effects from SOL or icecrystals..

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Hi...I'm in SW Ontario Canada, and lately my husband and I have both noticed pink clouds....but ONLY if we are wearing our sunglasses....otherwise, they just look kind of off-white (or grey).
We watched one pink cloud turn a greenish colour, meanwhile all the surrounding clouds were still white.
This has happened mid-afternoon, not sunrise or sunset.
Thanks for starting this thread....it's had us both curious.
jacygirl

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

This is from the sun reflecting off the atmosphere, very common.

Even @ nite time chrismicha77?

Depending on atmospheric conditions, yes.

Thanks I can go with that for now.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by RicoMarston

reply to post by juleol

Thanks for you input RicoMarston & juleol. You 2 and other members state its natural depending on certain conditions and that sounds logical to 1.

edit on 5/10/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by emberscott

BLISS FROM THE HYBRID!!! taking control of the human collective. Also remember the RED sky?? I love that series both old and new
good vid emberscott
Where is season 3@?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by juicyflush
I see this phenomenon regularly where I live (Norway) it usually occurs during sunset and sunrise.

Nothing suspicious about this

That's what I was gonna say. This is just how I thought clouds looked during sunset and sunrise. I've seen these pink clouds all my life.

Maybe we are missing something in those pictures?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by juicyflush

juicyflush, thank you for you input. I like that many say these are natural because I didnt see them too much until this year. Now I would see the orange sun color like clouds always but these are pink and a first for me?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

Your very welcome jacygirl. Sometimes before I put shades on I will look up and see similar effects the cloud coverage will look white/grey but will be very reflective like Vebus clouds are said to be. then once I put on my shades I can see faint rainbow colors where the relfection was. I appreciate you taking time to share your personal data with us here jacygirl, NAMASTE

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Not missing anything its just I havent seen them like now and have been around this city for a few years. Previously stated I have seen the orange sun colored clouds but not pink?? thanks for your time within the thread Cuervo.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Red sky at night, shepherd's delight.

Red sky in the morning, shepherd's warning.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

wigit, where did that quote come from, if you dont mind me asking?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
So from what the member who participated this is a natural phenomenon and nothing more. HMMMM interesting. thanks ALL so far for contributing and any others who may.
Just thought they were strange.

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Originally posted by Cuervo

Not missing anything its just I havent seen them like now and have been around this city for a few years. Previously stated I have seen the orange sun colored clouds but not pink?? thanks for your time within the thread Cuervo.

Not seeing them all your life and then seeing them and being alarmed is totally reasonable. Don't feel silly. It's like the first time I saw a Jerusalem Cricket... I thought it was a freakin' baby alien. My wife was all like "I've seen those my whole life!"

I felt betrayed that nobody ever mentioned something as weird as a giant bug that looked like an alien.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

thanks for understanding and not taking it to ignorance throwing. much appreciated

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

This is from the sun reflecting off the atmosphere, very common.

Not really. I haven't ever noticed them until relatively recently.

So you just now noticing them means they're not common? I see them ALL the time, I've even seen them during the night, most likely from the reflection of the light of the moon.

Here's some more info -

Sunsets are also referred to as sundown in some countries and is the time at which the Sun disappears below the horizon in the west. The red hues of the sky at sunset are caused by the scattering of blue light by atmospheric dust. The color of the sky at sunset often takes on shades of purple, red, orange, pink and yellow. The color of sunsets may be enhanced by atmospheric conditions such as clouds. Sunsets are often more brightly coloured than sunrises due to more dust being produced in the lower atmosphere at the end of the day than at the beginning. The times of sunsets vary according to the latitude of the location from which it is viewed. The changes in sunset times are driven by the axial tilt of Earth and the planet's movement around its orbit

www.copyright-free-photos.org.uk...
edit on 10-5-2012 by chrismicha77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

To add a bit more this isn't reflected light but refracted light - like with a prism. As your source points out the angle of refraction from the sun is such that the blue spectrum is cancelled out allowing only the yellow and red spectrum through due to effect of the angle of the atmosphere on wavelength differentials.
Basically, the sunlight is being filtered through 2 - 3 X the amount of atmosphere at sunset at it is during mid-day, absorbing the blue light but allowing the rest to come through.

Even Pittsburgh can look pretty)

No offense meant, much love to the steel city - some of my best times ever were up there.but it does have it's rough edges.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

My gran used to say things like that. I always thought it was a Scottish saying but it seems quite commonly known.
Some folk say sailor instead of shepherd. If the sky's red at night, usually that means the skies are clearing in the West so the next day will probably be sunny. If it's red in the morning it's supposed to be a dull rainy day to look forward to. I think that's what it means..

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
reply to post by chrismicha77

To add a bit more this isn't reflected light but refracted light - like with a prism. As your source points out the angle of refraction from the sun is such that the blue spectrum is cancelled out allowing only the yellow and red spectrum through due to effect of the angle of the atmosphere on wavelength differentials.
Basically, the sunlight is being filtered through 2 - 3 X the amount of atmosphere at sunset at it is during mid-day, absorbing the blue light but allowing the rest to come through.

Even Pittsburgh can look pretty)

No offense meant, much love to the steel city - some of my best times ever were up there.but it does have it's rough edges.

Thanks ask the animals for your intelligent data helps to understand better how the Sun was doing this refracting in dark times of nite. And no offense taken as there are some rough edges in the Pitts

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join