It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama signs gov't regulation executive order

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Obama signs gov't regulation executive order
5/10/12 9:32 AM -- Politico

Obama signed an Executive Order that somehow "instructs" government agencies to continually scrutinize existing rules "to see if they really make sense" !!
!!

What ?

I thought Good Government was supposed to be doing That anyway

I guess not if he had to make an E.O. to "Clarify" all that.

How much will the legal fees cost for this one ?

The White House announced Thursday that President Obama signed an executive order instructing government agencies to continually scrutinize existing rules "to see if they really make sense."

“Smart rules can save lives and keep us safe, but there are some regulations that don’t make sense and cost too much,” Obama said in a statement. “We will remain vigilant when it comes to eliminating regulations that are not necessary or that impose unnecessary burdens on America’s families and businesses.”
Gee, how many regulations are there that Don't make sense ??

See the order here ---> Executive Order -- Identifying and Reducing Regulatory Burdens

Let's hope that government agencies don't get too confused with all this complicated thinking !

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
Obama signed an Executive Order that somehow "instructs" government agencies to continually scrutinize existing rules "to see if they really make sense" !!

By actually taking the time to read the executive order, a better, more accurate telling of the story would be

Obama signs an executive order that has multiple parts relating to different areas of interest but nowhere within it does it contain the words ""to see if they really make sense""

Didnt you read it first?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
He just can't control himself anymore. He is just signing one executive order after another after another after another. I don't know about the rest of America, but I'm starting to get tired of it.

This man cannot have a second term, I severely worry about the ramifications. I always thought we the people were supposed to figure out if these laws made sense, supposed to act accordingly and draw attention to it. Then again when only 10-15% really pay attention to the laws and aren't borderline catatonic that is kind of an issue.

I'm putting a bet down for whoever wants to take it, $50,000 says these agencies don't say anything about water fluoridation or the EPA's radiation "safe level" raise in the wake of fukushima
edit on 10-5-2012 by Monsatan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

That quote is from the article, not the E.O.
(even though the E.O. does imply that -- yes it does)

Yes I did read the E.O. itself.

It sounds complicated.

Why was it even necessary in the first place ?

It obviously indicates lax and lazy procedures and incompetence within agencies.
(par for the course these days I think)

I bet there's plenty of corruption too.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monsatan
He just can't control himself anymore. He is just signing one executive order after another after another after another. I don't know about the rest of America, but I'm starting to get tired of it.

This man cannot have a second term, I severely worry about the ramifications. I always thought we the people were supposed to figure out if these laws made sense, supposed to act accordingly and draw attention to it. Then again when only 10-15% really pay attention to the laws and aren't borderline catatonic that is kind of an issue.

I'm putting a bet down for whoever wants to take it, $50,000 says these agencies don't say anything about water fluoridation or the EPA's radiation "safe level" raise in the wake of fukushima
edit on 10-5-2012 by Monsatan because: (no reason given)

How can you say that something that made sense that you thought was always done -- The president agrees with you and makes a change -- and you blame him for that -- weird just wierd

Can you substantiate all of these awful orders or is that just something you heard.. I find more and more that the right just says stuff - hell look at your candidate - he can't keep his story straight for hours.

So do you have anything that substantiates this accusation??

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by spyder550

Welcome to team politics.. And the OP of this thread plays on a team every night.

Its a land where we dont care about good and bad, right or wrong. We only care for the team and team ideals.

join