It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Still Has Not Signed 'Nondiscrimination Executive Order'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Obama Still Has Not Signed 'Nondiscrimination Executive Order'
May 10, 2012 -- The Weekly Standard

With his announcement yesterday "in support" of gay marriage and that it should be the "State's decision",
Obama is now on the hook for an Executive Order that would prohibit discrimination by federal contractors.

Apparently this has been in the works for several months.

Maybe now ?

President Obama made what's being heralded as a big announcement on same sex marriage. "I've just concluded that for me personally it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same sex couples should be able to get married," Obama told ABC News in an interview broadcast this morning. Obama's the first sitting president to come out in favor of same sex marriage.

But what this might actually mean in terms of policy is a little murkier. Perhaps most pressing is the issue of a so-called "nondiscrimination executive order" that gay-rights groups have been pushing. The president has refused—and continues to refuse—to sign it.

"The order, which has been drafted for months awaiting the president’s signature, would prohibit discrimination by federal contractors on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity," the Washington Post reported. "It has become a major focus for gay-rights groups, but in recent weeks activists began to worry that the White House might opt against approval."

Obama's announcement today gives no indication that he's changed his mind on this issue.

Can the gay community actually "Trust" Obama ?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

i am sure obama will sign it,only after election. no need to piss off bible thumpers before election,he already has ga y vote.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
If he doesn't sign it you'll complain that its a discriminatory piece of legislation itself and that its a government overreach of power.

If he does sign it you'll just complain hes playing the gay people like political cards.

So what does it even matter?

edit on 10-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
If he doesn't sign it you'll complain that its a discriminatory piece of legislation itself and that its a government overreach of power.

If he does sign it you'll just complain hes playing the gay people like political cards.

So what does it even matter?

edit on 10-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

Assuming you are addressing me,

I really am not all that concerned either way !

But a lot of people are concerned and Obama needs to address the problems.

BTW, you need to take a refresher course on mind reading !

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
What do U kno about mind readin?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

cclllloooooooooodddd become a ssqaaaarrrrrrrre shaped ccllllooooooooddd
are you f@#king serious cclllooooooodddd

edit on 10-5-2012 by pushmepullu because: i cant stop laughing

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
What do U kno about mind readin?

i think this guy can also use psychokinesis to turn herbal plant material into smoke

new topics

top topics

join