It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Was A High School Bully

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Actually the only opinion here that counts is the dead guys and if he carried a grudge for 50 years.

Since no one can answer that the only thing being done here is an attack piece on someone who liberals aren't going to vote for anyway.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Actually the only opinion here that counts is the dead guys and if he carried a grudge for 50 years

While it would be nice to have Lauber's opinion of the incident against him, it still doesn't refute the claim of five of Romney's former classmates have made, some of whom participated in the actual event they say was led by Romney.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
So Romney is a homophobe, a punk, and a bully.

Six on one, what a chump.

And a homophobe, gotta wonder if he raped any young boys while in high school. Your typical raging homophobe is typically gay, and hates themselves for being gay.

This is a pretty good indicator that Romney is a psycho, and nothing indicates that he has ever reformed.

www.dogsagainstromney.com...

Thomas Buford, a retired prosecutor who participated with Romney in the attack that day said, "to this day it troubles me." Lauber, the victim, was "terrified," Buford said. Buford subsequently apologized to Lauber.

"It was a hack job," said Phillip Maxwell, a lawyer and friend of Romney's who saw what happened that day. "It was vicious."

David Seed, a retired principal who witnessed the incident, ran into Lauber years later at the Chicago O'Hare International Airport. Seeing an opportunity to get something off his chest, Seed brought up the incident and apologized to Lauber that he "didn't do more to help in the situation." Lauber told Seed "it was horrible," explaining how frightened he was during the incident. "It's something I have thought about a lot since then," Lauber said.

A dentist, a lawyer, a prosecutor, and a principal all remember the incident clearly. The only person who doesn't remember it is the GOP nominee for president of the United States.

That Romney claims he doesn't remember the incident makes it even worse. It is pretty good indicator that he has more than a few screws loose up there.

His career looks eerily similar to Gordon Gecko, the bad guy in "Wall Street", and not we have the psycho act in high school. Of course there are all his dirty campaign tricks.

The repubs might want to start taking a harder look at RP, cause MT looks like cannon fodder.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Broad stroke on Liberals huh? A lot of liberals are upset with Obama but, not because of some fictitious Muslim terrorist ties, more because of things he is doing now such as enacting policies that are more typical of the right while totally screwing the people.

Also, what Romney did back in high school was a bit more serious than saying mean things.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Actually the only opinion here that counts is the dead guys and if he carried a grudge for 50 years.

Since no one can answer that the only thing being done here is an attack piece on someone who liberals aren't going to vote for anyway.

Congratulations, Neo! It sounds like you're one of two people on ATS that is going to vote for Mitt Romney.

No, but seriously, don't be a Mitt Witt.

edit on 11-5-2012 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Who wants a sissy president?
Hey, if you’re tired of the United States getting kicked around vote the Bully Party vote Romney

edit on 11-5-2012 by redneck13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by redneck13

Who want a sissy president?
Hey, if you’re tired of the United States getting kicked around vote the Bully Party vote Romney

Except the US already bully's people around like Biff on steroids, so that arguement is invalid.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0

Except the US already bully's people around like Biff on steroids, so that arguement is invalid.

That is a matter of perspective. Opinions are like A holes, everybody has one

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
www.thenewamer... ican.com/world-news/north-america/item/11354-un-mt-rushmore-should-be-returned-to-the-native-americans

Text
Reason one million (I exaggerate, but just a tad) for the United States to withdraw from the United Nations is the UN’s increasing interference in property rights, of both nations and individuals. The most recent example of this involves the Native American tribes of the United States. According to the United Nations, the United States government should return Mt. Rushmore to the Native American tribes.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0

That is a matter of perspective. Opinions are like A holes, everybody has one

Stating the obvious is your evidence to the contrary?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
How come no one investigates Obama's past that much?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
How come no one investigates Obama's past that much?

Somebody has been.

look here: --> Flashback: Obama’s Sordid High School Past

Obama, by all accounts, was a habitual drug user in high school. He tried coc aine, he admits in Dreams From My Father; he “tried drugs enthusiastically.” The Chicago Tribune reported back in 2007 that Obama thanked the “Choom Gang” in his high school yearbook; “chooming” was Hawaiian slang for smoking pot. The Honolulu Advertiser reported that Obama’s senior portrait “prominently displayed … A package of ‘Zig-Zag’ rolling papers and a matchbook.” One of Obama’s close friends was arrested for drug possession during high school.

In his memoir, Obama talked about routinely getting high. “Junkie. Pothead,” he wrote. “That’s where I’d been headed: the final, fatal role of the young would-be black man.” But, according to Obama, he only got high because he was contemplating deep matters: drugs could “push questions of who I was out of my mind.”

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
A writer named Steve Almond has written a powerful piece on this episode;

THE WEEK IN GREED #6: To Behave Like the Fallen World

As I read about Romney’s adolescent exploits, I found myself thinking about Tobias Wolff’s sad and lovely novel, Old School. The narrator of that book is an insecure and manipulative scholarship student trying to pass at a fancy prep school, a kid who understands the prerogatives of wealth: “You felt it as a depth of ease in certain boys, their innate, affable assurance that they would not have to struggle for a place in the world; that is already reserved for them.”

But I don’t think Romney feels this way, not deep down. I think he has more in common with Wolff’s striving narrator, actually. By which I mean that he seems to display, as an adult, the same need to scheme and maneuver to get ahead. Like George W. Bush, he was an essentially frightened, unloved young man who came of age under tremendous pressure to live up to a famous father, who failed to distinguish himself as a scholar or an athlete and was relegated to the sidelines, whose desperate jocularity was shot through with a kind of unexamined sadism. Both men have forged a path to success via an alarming absence of self-reflection.

I don’t mean to suggest that Romney is without compassion. I believe, for instance, that he loves his wife and his children, and that he believes in God and the flag. But there is something in his character that I am starting to get frightened about, an unwillingness, or an inability, to feel remorse, to simply own up to a moral failing, to apologize not just if “somebody was hurt” but because you know, deep down, that you hurt someone.

Think about it: here are these half dozen men who took part in a savage act nearly fifty years ago. It has haunted all of them. And the ringleader, the guy who made the plan and led the mob and cut the victim’s hair off remembers … nothing?

It’s just [snip]. And it makes me sad that such an episode comes to light and all Romney can do—a guy who wants to be elected to our highest office—is nervously lie and make excuses, as if this were political problem. It’s not a political problem. It’s a moral problem. It’s a sin he committed for which any believer would seek atonement.

It's a deep article, give it a read.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join