It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Was A High School Bully

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

What would you teach Obama to hate?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by redneck13

if i had the chance I teach Obama to avoid religion and thinking that he might be either Jesus or the AntiChrist.

i'd also illustrate to him that speech pathology is a crappy profession.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by redneck13

Guess I leaned a couple of things from this thread. Bullies respect bullies and its ridicules to hold it against someone when they commit childish act in high school a half a century later.
I think Ron has some good ideas but I can’t go along with the foreign policy. I have to agree with you, he is definitely a bully target
edit on 10-5-2012 by redneck13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Lol....Romney and Obama Bullies??? What, they went up to some kid and said "lets play big bank little bank" and made the New Money look bad???

The only difference is they slipped a couple thousand in Obamas wallet. Groomed to be Prez!!!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
THis contrived tale has officially imploded

here
www.breitbart.com...

and even in an article published in Automobile magazine of all sources (Better reporting than a newspaper)
www.breitbart.com...

The WaPo even changed the story without noting the critical changes
www.breitbart.com...

nothing but a 50 year old tale of a tale of a tale involving a DEAD MAN who cannot corroborate any of it. His own family (sisters) even say that they have never heard this story and that have painted an image of their brother that is not true.

This is just the beginning... be prepared for the onslaught.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Romney was a bully in highschool???? OH NO!!!!

Well the current POTUS is a self-admitted coke head and pot smoker in college. What’s your point?

The difference between the "current Potus" and 99% of the clowns in DC is that he was honest and admitted he had tried coc aine.

I have a relative who works at a high-end alcohal and drug recovery clinic in DC. He is bound by ethics and Non-Disclosures Agreements etc. and doesn't name names, but has told me repeatedly the number of addicts in Congress is astounding.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I'm waiting on all the bullies to apologise for their unfair, false, slanderous statements about Romney.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Nothing in those articles contradicts anything reported in the Washington Post articles. All Brietbart did was run giant headlines "Romney bullying story implodes" then added some innuendo about the story imploding without providing one shred of evidence the story was in any way false.

The Brietbart stories also conveniently forgets to mention Romney running around apologizing for the incident - and trying to get some of his former classmates to come to his defense - which none so far have chosen to do.

Mitt Romney apologizes for high school pranks that ‘might have gone too far’

What become evident in these reported incidents is that Romney has a mean streak of picking on those who are different or don't conform to HIS accepted standards.

The story of the bullying incidents is also corroborated by no less than five of Romney's former classmates, among them Philip Maxwell, who made the following comments to CBS:

Phillip Maxwell, an attorney in Michigan, confirmed to CBS News that the incident with John Lauber is accurately described in The Washington Post piece. Maxwell was one of the Post's four on-the-record sources. A fifth asked not to be named. Maxwell says the only thing not accurate is that the Post reporter said the incident occurred in a dorm room, but it happened in a common room.

"Mitt was a prankster, there's no doubt about it. This thing with Lauber wasn't a prank. This was, well, as a lawyer, it was an assault. It was an assault and a battery. And I'm sure that John Lauber carried it with him for the rest of his life," Maxwell told CBS News.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Yet the so-called "victims" family refutes all claims made by the Washington Poo-st.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I would imagine that a closeted homosexual of that era, who had been physically assaulted in the way described, would carry massive amounts of secret shame, and would not be prone to crying to his sisters about the incident. I'm sure he buried that memory, as well as many other secrets, deep inside his soul and took them to the grave.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by beezzer

I would imagine that a closeted homosexual of that era, who had been physically assaulted in the way described, would carry massive amounts of secret shame, and would not be prone to crying to his sisters about the incident. I'm sure he buried that memory, as well as many other secrets, deep inside his soul and took them to the grave.

DO YOU HAVE PROOF?

Um, no. Of course not.

But go ahead and bully Romney for something he didn't do.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The Lauber family does not refute the story - only the portrayal of John Lauber as "gay" - which in the article alludes him as being "effeminate". Romney's classmates say the bullying incident was inspired by the long, bleached-blonde hair of Lauber, and not because they thought he was gay. While they dispute the portrayal of Lauber, they don't deny the incident occurred.

To be clear: The Lauber family DID NOT refute the bullying incident -- Just said John's portrayal was "factually incorrect."

The Lauber family is also saying they "are furious [Lauber] would be politicized in this way" - but they don't deny the incident (admitting they were not aware of it). I doubt most sisters would be aware of their brother being bullied or harassed when they were away at an all-male prep school.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

So they don't deny the incident that they don't kow about.

An incident they didn't know about, they are sure of.

*Time out!*

Just saying it gave me a charlie horse.

Ben-Gay!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

They claimed they were not aware of the incident - but didn't deny it could have happened as described in the WaPo article. They only came out to state they were not happy with the portrayal of John Lauber, which in the article quotes his classmates as saying he was effeminate. They deny the portrayal that he was a homosexual or a closeted gay.

What hasn't been denied is the incident itself. And the family of John Lauber does not appear to be in a position to deny it, by their aforementioned ignorance of the incident.

Five former classmates of Romney's have stated their recollection of this incident, and that is not in denial.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

The Washington Psst story inflated and took an irrelavent tale and inflated it. Those "5" who collaborated?

I'm trying to find their actual words and not an interpretation by a biased hack.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by beezzer

DO YOU HAVE PROOF?

Um, no. Of course not.

But go ahead and bully Romney for something he didn't do.

Proof of what??? That Romney did what he did or that the victim carried that pain into adulthood? Either way...here you go.

The incident was recalled similarly by five students who gave their accounts independently.

In the mid-1990s, David Seed noticed a familiar face at the end of a bar at Chicago O'Hare International Airport.

"Hey, you're John Lauber," Seed recalled saying. Seed had gone on to a career as a teacher and principal. He now had something to get off his chest.

"I'm sorry that I didn't do more to help in the situation," he said.

Lauber paused, then responded, "It was horrible." He explained how frightened he was, and acknowledged to Seed, "It's something I have thought about a lot since then."

seattletimes.nwsource.com...

Are you just blindly making crap up to defend Romney? Or have you not read any of the relevant posts or articles?...just curious.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Heresay. The "victim" is dead. His family knew nothing of this.

So we are going to attack based on THIS?

You might as well apologise to the birthers, because at least, they have more evidence!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Mitt Romney’s campaign has reached out to former high school classmates to defend him from bullying stories from his youth, but it appears they are having problems finding alumni to come to his defence.

ABC News reports that one of Romney’s closest friends from his days at an elite boarding school in Michigan during the 1960s has been approached, but the friend is “debating” whether to help out the presumed Republican presidential nominee.

news.nationalpost.com...

So 5 guys come forward despite the absolute blowback they will recieve for speaking ill of the wealthiest GOP Presidential nominee ever...

And Romney's BEST FRIEND from his HS years is on the fence about helping him...

And NO ONE else amongst his classmates is willing to step forward to defend Romney.

Toss in this...

According to White, he knows of several other classmates that have also been approached by the campaign to counter the article. White declined to name the fellow classmates.

Romney often mentions White on the campaign trail as the friend who threw the party where Romney met his wife Ann, whom he has now been married to for more than 43 years.

One former classmate and old friend of Romney’s – who refused to be identified by name – said there are “a lot of guys” who went to Cranbrook who have “really negative memories” of Romney’s behavior in the dorms, behavior this classmate describes as “like Lord of the Flies.”

abcnews.go.com...

For the love of GOD...how bad to you have to treat your HS Classmates where no one will vouch for you when you are a Millionaire and running for President!!!

If you can't buy silence or support with power or money...you must have been one serious a-hole.

Just a bit of rational thought amongst the crazy here.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

Heresay. The "victim" is dead.

You do realize that having a victim be "dead" does not mean the accused is innocent? That is what witnesses are for.

Should we be releasing a million or so murderers from prison?

The amount of mental gymnastics employed by the far-right is astonishing.
edit on 11-5-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

reply to post by Indigo5

Heresay. The "victim" is dead.

You do realize that having a victim be "dead" does not mean the accused is innocent? That is what witnesses are for.

Should we be releasing a million or so murderers from prison?

The amount of mental gymnastics employed by the far-right is astonishing.
edit on 11-5-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

So you're basing this on conjecture.

Okay.

Just so we're clear on this. No proof, an incidnet 47 years old. No evidence.

Yup!

Obama was born in Kenya!

ETA; You libs call people birthers, we'll just call you "barbers".

edit on 11-5-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join