It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A message to the people of ATS

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I never said anything about Nazi. And the fact that most people in here are taking this as an offense says something. If ATS is not ran by the TPTB, then we should be able to discuss this entirely, and just think about it. All the time there's a thread about personal stories or CGI UFO videos that have huge in depth conversations, but this one is completely blown out of the water labeled as wrong, and threatening to ATS? Why is that?

Is it so hard to comprehend that this site was created for the illusion of choice? Just like the 2 party system, and monopolies with sub companies making you think you have a choice in what companies you are buying from. It would make perfect since that this site would be created to give us the illusion that we have a site that we can go to that is not part of the MSM.

Why is that so hard to understand? It's just like people who support MSM, they will do anything to support it, because they have been listening to it for a while, just like ATS.

I'm sure people would feel betrayed if this site wasn't it's all cracked up to be. And I think that's why people wont talk about this.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

It seems to me, you are using one thread to complain about a variety of mod actions.

1. the thread closure was explained, rather welll, by most of the members in this thread. It was a duplicate thread.
2. you're complaint about a thread being closed and called a joke is actually funnier than you think. It was an april fool's prank that wound up, like far too many things these days, being mistaken for truth. As a result, we've been plagued with that nonsense for years and now we no longer pull April Fool's jokes on our members.
3. your off topic posts. I reviewed one of the two off topic posts and, guess what? when you're posting in a thread and you directly ask a mod to explain what was off topic, you are off topic. it was warranted and, I'm guessing, based on your inability to accept an answer and move on, that the second post that was removed as off topic, was a response to the first off topic action. This too, would be deemed off topic.
4. your thread was moved to rant, from general consipiracy, because there is no general conspiracy here. you are ranting about the site, the staff and the actions we take. when someone does that, it's a rant. it was then moved to Board Business and Questions, which is slightly better than general conspiracy and far less right than rant. it's a rant, it should have stayed there.

Now, that answers your questions.

You've heard it from the members and you've heard it from staff. Nobody is out to get you. Nobody works for the CIA. The CIA doesn't own ATS. The government has no involvement with the site, other than as members and guests.

If you find the environment hostile, if you feel you are being singled out, please, file a complaint and the staff will look into it.

If you truly believe we are government run, I would advise you to not file a complaint because, let's face it, complaining to the government, that we are the government, would be somewhat silly. If this is the case, take the members' suggestion, pack your things and find a new playground.

Peace,
Govt Agent Crakeur, badge number 32865F6

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Putting words in my mouth like usual Des. I'm not trying to run this website, I'm merely pointing out the fact that this site may be a conspiracy. Why is that so hard to understand? If I'm so wrong, what's all the hurt in discussing it?

Wouldn't it make sense that they would want to create this website to make you believe you have a choice in what information you want to hear? Just like monopolies, 2 party system, arms companies, almost everything in this country is owned by a monopoly.

If I was the TPTB, I would create this website without hesitation. You would want to give the people an illusion of free information, to make them believe that there in the know. If they are so powerful, you don't think they can create a website? The internet is the only weapon we have against them, and now there using it against us.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kang69
reply to post by lonegurkha

The evidence are all the closed threads and my thread being moved about 4 times. My first thread even had some of my comments labeled as off topic, as they were not. That's the evidence Im going on, it's gonna be hard to find a document that says ATS=TPTB. Instead, we can just discuss it freely. Does every thread on this website provide evidence of it's claims?

Even if I am wrong, what's the harm in discussing it in the first place? It seemed like everyone came in here so sure of me being wrong that this whole thread was easily dismissed.

Ok here's how things work. if your thread was deleted then it was either a violation of the T&C or it was a duplicate of an earlier thread. This can be discovered by reading the T&C. If your post was deleted for being off topic, then you probably had strayed from the topic in the OP. It's easy to do when somebody brings up a related topic in a thread. Most of us here have had that happen. That's in the T&C as well.

Most of the threads here present evidence of the threads claims. If they don't then they are removed by the mods. This to can be found in the T&C.

The fact that everyone disagreed with you should be telling you something.a) you provided no evidence for your claim.b) nobody believes what you say. and c) most of us have read the T&C and know the rules.

This thread has been moved because it was posted that if you put it in the board forum you might get some answers for your question and the mods apparently agreed. Why complain? They could have 404'd it , but instead they moved it.

If there was the censorship here that you seem to percieve then don't you think they would have removed it all together?

I see that the site administrator has given you an explaination before I could post this. He gave you his badge number ....now you have him.

edit on 5/10/2012 by lonegurkha because: Edit to add

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

It's obvious to me, you haven't in any way gone back to the first threads posted, ever, here. Read the topics and the quality of the posters here. You've never looked at the roots of this garden called ATS. Had you done any of that, you would know how far off base you are in your thinking....paranoid thinking at that.

Do yourself a favor. Get to know the beast you claim is attacking us.

Des

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Thanks for the reply. Of course there is a Conspiracy here, the conspiracy is that this site is not who they say they are! Geez. And regarding my off topic post. Why can't a mod talk about the role of a moderator? It directly correlates to my topic of corruption and how people abuse positions of power, like the House did.

I am not paranoid, the CIA is not out to get me, I'm just asking a question here. I'm even surprised I got a few mods in my threads. If you know this is all BS, why would you take the time to comment in this thread?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

I'm merely pointing out the fact that this site may be a conspiracy.

Klassified already said NSA. Now you have it.

take the video to 2min. in

"Whats it gonna be pork. you in or are you out?"

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
There should be a "lips" emoticon for threads like this.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I've been a lurker here Des for a while, I've read my share of threads. Regarding my previous comment, what do you think about it? No comment at all?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I've been a lurker here Des for a while, I've read my share of threads. Regarding my previous comment, what do you think about it? No comment at all?

I did comment. I don't agree with you. You once again, don't accept my answer, nor my choice of words. You are one of those people that can't be pleased. You like to argue for the sake of arguing.

Des

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

Ok, I'll try one more time. READ THE T&C.
All the questions you have asked are answered there. Want to know about mods then ask one. Write a u2u. I ask the mods stuff all the time and guess what .....they answer. Imagine that they are actually helpful. Come on the mods are folks like the rest of us. Their job ain't easy. They don't get paid for what they do. But they do care about this site and want it to be the best they can make it. Again read the T&C.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Of course there is a Conspiracy here, the conspiracy is that this site is not who they say they are!

They can define themselves to be whatever they want to be, they own it lol. And of course there is a conspiracy, by way of definition (because there are multiple owners) it fits the bill....

Please pay attention to Definition # 5

con·spir·a·cy
   [kuhn-spir-uh-see]
noun, plural con·spir·a·cies.
1.the act of conspiring.
2.an evil, unlawful, treacherous, or surreptitious plan formulated in secret by two or more persons; plot.
3.a combination of persons for a secret, unlawful, or evil purpose: He joined the conspiracy to overthrow the government.
4.Law . an agreement by two or more persons to commit a crime, fraud, or other wrongful act.

(this here is the important one)
5.any concurrence in action; combination in bringing about a given result.

They accomplished #5 by getting you here, hence they brought about a given result lol

Have some coffee, it'll be alright,

AB1

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

To answer you, honestly.

We've seen these claims about the site so many times. Over and over. They get made by people who feel disgruntled or "wronged" usually after they've broken our T&C in some way, and usually because those people simply cannot fathom or accept that they have done so.

And such people feel that they have to make a point, and do drama about it, when in actual fact its easier to accept it and move on.

What we find though, oddly, is that people just simply can't do that... they have to make stuff up, try and spread rumours and lies and piss all over the carpet here.

Simply put, anyone who thinks ATS is CIA run has an easy choice to make. Click the browser window shut and never come back. Its not a hard thing to do, and yet its amazing how many people can't seem to grasp the concept.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Psssst....Hey Kang....I USED to be an ATS Moderator. U2U me for a secret I can tell you. I'm not going to just write it here because it will be censored, but, if you U2U me, I'll tell YOU and ONLY YOU.

Cuhail

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
This thread became extremely out of hand; this is the reason why disinformation works both ways. When truth becomes distorted by petty quarrels, there is difficulty in acknowledging what is right and what is wrong. Truth is, this is a private LLC which created a T&C to work in the communities' favor, and legally to save the staff from any prosecution. Truth is, these advertisements called Adchoice is proudly owned by Microsoft; they cooperate with websites such as ATS to collect and gather our personal internet data to generate ads based on where you navigate on the internet. So tell me, is THAT in violation of the T&C?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply. Of course there is a Conspiracy here, the conspiracy is that this site is not who they say they are!

The above network llc owns abovetopsecret.com. the LLC is not owned by anyone within the govt. The only information that anyone has that shows this is something we created as part of an april fool's joke. Thus, there is no conspiracy and, therefore, you are merely ranting.

And regarding my off topic post. Why can't a mod talk about the role of a moderator? It directly correlates to my topic of corruption and how people abuse positions of power, like the House did.

ok, so, tell me, how this post is on topic. the topic, for the record, was Ron Paul Will Not Change A Thing.

Also tenth I have some questions. Why would there be a reason at all, to ban comments, people and close threads? We speak of this site so highly as an information hub, where the first amendment we hold so dear is protected. If you were elected to a Gov. position, would you ban things and keep people out of the dark since your staff bans people here for certain topics? This site is a shining example of our present Totalitarianism state.

Before you ban me, indulge me in this conversation and lets see what you have to say. You are no different from people in Gov. censoring important subjects. And if you do ban me, it's another shining example of who is really running this site.

It's hilarious how a thread mentions ATS=TBTB then it gets closed and is redirected to a ATS thread saying were trustworthy and ok! I'ts exactly like Obama's truth squads! If theres nothing to hide, theres nothing to hide!

your second removed post is a mix of political rhetoric, accusations and insults ("it's hilarious your [sic] even a moderator some bs position of power")

You started out ok and then devolved into a sad attack on another member. This resulted in the post being removed as off topic.

As to why we take the time to respond, it has nothing to do with the veracity of your outlandish claims.

on the contrary, it's because they are so outlandish, and so off the mark, that we are compelled to respond.

If I came into your home and started badmouthing you and urinating all over your floor, would you sit by and say nothing?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

A message to the people of ATS

Warrants answers from the people of ATS.

But Kang, you must be open minded enough to read them and come to a conclusion, even if it is of a different result from your own opinion. Wouldn't you agree?

You've had some good answers from members here that say No...it isn't PTB operated...as far as we know. I join them as I have never ever seen any fact suggesting otherwise.

You've had some answers from Moderators.

You've had answers from Crakeur.

Hello ?????

But that's the core of the problem, isn't it? Some members (not saying you) will call shills to anyone not agreeing the same opinions that they have. Some members (saying you) will call ATS an operation because they were moderated on for a reason or another.

See the distortion ?

Relax, chill, gather your thoughts and realize your question has been answered many times. Not hard to see really.

reply to post by Germanicus

ATS had erad3 as a member for god sake.

Not to be confrontational but Erad3 probably ate at McDonalds once in a while, maybe shopped at his local mall once in a while and probably bought groceries at his local market once in a while.

Does that make them all suspicious and CIA operated?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
It's really simple. If you don't like it here or feel you are being watched , don't come here. No one is forcing you to become a member of ATS. I have been here since 2009 and have never felt the need to complain about the site. There probably are shills and government agencies monitoring the site, but in way who could blame them?

It's also true that many people on here, believe that anyone who disagrees with them must be a shill or a disinfo agent. I have been called a disinfo agent more than once . If only. Wouldn't it be great to get paid to sit on ATS all day.

I hate the term "if you have done nothing wrong you have nothing to fear" but if you follow the T& C of the site there is no way you should land yourself in any trouble.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
urinating all over your floor, would you sit by and say nothing?

I agree with everything Steve except this... I would, in fact, sit by and say nothing.....urinating on strangers floors is far underrated and needs more talk time. (Which is, of course diametrically opposed to my 'sit by and say nothing' mantra I guess, isnt it?)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Well, the people running this site are actually TPTB. They are "the powers that be" for this site. It's their site and they can actually close anything they want to. I think their rules are fair. If someone worked for me and they tried to start running the show or complained about my policies do you think I would keep them around?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join