It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A message to the people of ATS

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
reply to post by Kang69

If this website was created by TPTB, they are going to censor sensitive subjects you will never hear about, and they will censor and say my comments are off topic.

Censorship on this site is about language and decorum. What your complaining about is about duplication and a tired beat up old subject. If you are unable or unwilling to create a topic that has not been done to death, well then your threads will be moved or closed. You seem to be taking this personally, when it isn't. The owners/staff hate censorship and everything it stands for, if you don't see that, maybe you need to look again.

no always,
but always for the greater good

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Like I said, my comments were censored on my first thread because of being OFF topic which they were not. Then both of my threads were moved to rant. I clearly presented evidence of my claims, and just wanted to start a discussion about it.

It's hilarious how people say, we have to censor that comment due to being off topic or for manners. Really? Would someone be offended because of an off topic post? Even then my posts were definitely not off topic. Then manners and decorum. It's also funny how people might be actually offended because of a few words on a screen.

Yes, its to stop this becoming from a youtube discussion, it's also an excuse to censor comments, just like Obama passed NDAA for National Security.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kang69
reply to post by MyMindIsMyOwn

Your going to disregard this whole thing because I mentioned people on this website have too big of ego's? Does that really insult you? You let words on some website dictate your discussion on the topic? Everyone so sensitive now a days.

It's just a cop out so you don't have to talk about this subject matter anymore.

LOL, reading comprehension is not your strong suit I see. You can dismiss me if you wish to, thats more than OK with me, but really now I think we are seeing what this is really all about. You wish to garner as much support for your 'question' as possible and upon seeing that is not happening YOU wish to dismiss the opposition... hardly denying ignorance... indeed just the reverse I should think. LOL... you just made my day, honestly...dismissed by a troll... after being here for as long as I have been, its the first time it's happened. HUZZAH, I have finally arrived it seems. How fun!!!!! Do I get a gmo laden cookie or something along with some governement rgbh milk???

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

It's hilarious how people say, we have to censor that comment due to being off topic or for manners. Really? Would someone be offended because of an off topic post? Even then my posts were definitely not off topic.

Yes, really. An off topic post can derail a thread. Threads can be a major time investment. To have someone come along and derail it is counterproductive and I am sure something you yourself would not like. The creator of a thread is seeking to have a discussion about a certain topic. I find sometimes it is difficult when a side issue is compelling, not to post off topic. It is a form of respect for the OP to stay on topic.
edit on 10-5-2012 by Iamschist because: lol to many music vids

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I am asking a valid question. Is this site ran by TPTB?

Here is a valid answer....NO.
Now I already know that's not good enough for you , cause it isn't what you want to hear. So I'll tell you what, You go do some research like the rest of us do and PROVE me wrong.I don't mean posting other threads on this topic ,because if you can manage to use the search function , you will find plenty on this very topic. I don't want to hear your opinion. I want to see some real facts that what you say is true. Because , and here's a suprise for you, I don't believe you.

As we like to say here , pics or it didn't happen.Now scurry off little boy and produce something believeable with facts and not opinion.

And by the way try the search and you will find threads by the owners that support what I say, but i'm not gonna do the work for you. Now do some research and quit flapping your gums. You grow tiresome.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

The reason the thread your talking about was not moved to the Rant forum is simply because it was not a rant. It was a thread with information. There's a big difference.

If you really feel that this site is something other than what it's stated to be, do a little research, organize some information, create a thread not based on just personal opinion, provide sources and links, approach the subject without insulting the members of ATS, follow the T & C, post the thread in the proper forum with a catchy title, and you're thread probably won't get deleted, and you might even get the responses that you seem to be craving.

If you want to continue with your rant, that's up to you, but from my experience here, you'll get a better response if you provide everyone with something for them to verify your statements. That's the best way to contibute to the forums here.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I apologize for my previous comment. You said my question was illegitimate, how so? You also say that I should create threads in the business section. Any thread like this should be moved to the business section? I guess I have a hard time understanding really, I thought this thread in general conspiracies would work.

And I'm not trying to only look for answers for my side, only discussion. As you can see almost every comment in here as dismissed this entirely, which I find odd, since CGI UFO videos gain more in depth discussion then this.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

It's just like any topic. People will believe in aliens and a lot of things on this website because its what they want to hear and believe. I don't fully believe in this, I'm just posing a question. Is the question that dangerous?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

www.abovetopsecret.com...

i did provide evidence in my first thread. It was still moved to rant and some of my comments were censored due to off topic when they were not.

Any thread on ATS which has a personal opinion should be moved to rant? Well then, the rant section would double with threads.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I don't want to hear your opinion. I want to see some real facts that what you say is true.

Where are your facts? Are the words of the 'owners' fact?

Where would you look for domestic terrorists if you were CIA? On a site that has thousands of members that want to take down the government maybe? Dont you think ATS falls under 'national security'. Have you seen the key words that the CIA search for on the net? Almost every thread on ATS contains one of them. The CIA may not have total control but they are here. And you cant provide facts that prove they do not control the site.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I apologize for my previous comment. You said my question was illegitimate, how so? You also say that I should create threads in the business section. Any thread like this should be moved to the business section? I guess I have a hard time understanding really, I thought this thread in general conspiracies would work.

And I'm not trying to only look for answers for my side, only discussion. As you can see almost every comment in here as dismissed this entirely, which I find odd, since CGI UFO videos gain more in depth discussion then this.

Honestly, on the last topic of this reply I can agree with you 100%. I've seen many many great threads get tossed to the side and vitually ignored and honestly it makes me a bit angry too! But this is a user generated content site...and I suppose the majority of the people here find that CGI UFO stuff more fascinating than the topics I find interesting..and that is their perogative. I just choose to not participate in them and move along.

Now, I never said your question was illegitimate, not at all. You have, as everyone else has, the right to question everything and anything. I would find it more conspiratorial should threads like you've posted previously were 404'd entirely instead of just closed where the content is still viewable and perhaps even still debatable if there is another thread on the topic already. Let's say for example the SO thread that was linked to the thread closed in your OP.

If I may, I'm not sure that folks are so easily dismissing your claim or if perhaps it's that we, the majority, are growing wary of this topic coming up as much as it does. You have the right to question... questioning is a very important part of just living and surviving in the world that we do. And if you run across more compelling evidence to your OP, I may even be inclined to debate you on the topic. But, in saying that, I firmly beleive that ATS is not a government run website. It is a privately owned and operated 'company' and the unfortunate reality is (for some) that because it is privately owned we have to abide by the rules set forth in the T&Cs when we signed up in the beginning.

The mere fact that this thread has been allowed to stay up and be at times heatedly debated should tell you that it's not as nefarious as you may seem to believe it is, wouldn't you think? If they had anything to hide this would have been 404'd before the first or 2nd reply could be posted. Not trying to challenge your opinion, just stating my own here. Its all good.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

No the question is not dangerous. The question without any proof is stupid. You have no defense for your position. Facts or you really have nothing to say. So go with that and say nothing. When you can prove it come back and we'll talk. Untill then you have nothing of substance to say. That's why this is a rant. Get it. Read the T&C and see if you can post something valid. Then you won't get your posts moved. Stay on topic and you won't have posts deleted. If you have posts deleted the mods did their job to keep you on topic. The mods here do a good job for the most part. Better than any other site I've used. Do they make mistakes ....sure they are as human as the rest of us.

So produce some facts or don't expect anyone here to listen to you.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
** Moved from General Conspiracy to Rant, and now to Board Business.**

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus

I don't want to hear your opinion. I want to see some real facts that what you say is true.

Where would you look for domestic terrorists if you were CIA? On a site that has thousands of members that want to take down the government maybe? Dont you think ATS falls under 'national security'. Have you seen the key words that the CIA search for on the net? Almost every thread on ATS contains one of them. The CIA may not have total control but they are here. And you cant provide facts that prove they do not control the site.

Explain to me what reason the owners have to lie. Let's see your proof the CIA is here. I'm sure , with all the members here there are a couple. But checking this site for domestic terrorists. LMAO don't you think they have better things to do?
No I don't think ATS falls under "national security", Paranoid much?
And as for key words It's the NSA that uses that program Better do some reading.
And last but not least you can't provide any facts that they do control the site so the point is moot.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Ah.

An "ATS Nazi Mod censorship y'all must be working for the man" thread.

Must be a day ending in Y again.....

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

The evidence are all the closed threads and my thread being moved about 4 times. My first thread even had some of my comments labeled as off topic, as they were not. That's the evidence Im going on, it's gonna be hard to find a document that says ATS=TPTB. Instead, we can just discuss it freely. Does every thread on this website provide evidence of it's claims?

Even if I am wrong, what's the harm in discussing it in the first place? It seemed like everyone came in here so sure of me being wrong that this whole thread was easily dismissed.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Ah.

An "ATS Nazi Mod censorship y'all must be working for the man" thread.

Must be a day ending in Y again.....

wouldnt that be a W>>>??

oh and cool story braaaah to the op

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen
reply to post by Kang69

It was closed because it was a duplicate of an already existing thread. Nothing was deleted or censored. The moderator even linked to the existing article where the discussion could continue.

LMAO

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha

Originally posted by Germanicus

Explain to me what reason the owners have to lie. Let's see your proof the CIA is here. I'm sure , with all the members here there are a couple. But checking this site for domestic terrorists. LMAO don't you think they have better things to do?
No I don't think ATS falls under "national security", Paranoid much?
And as for key words It's the NSA that uses that program Better do some reading.
And last but not least you can't provide any facts that they do control the site so the point is moot.

You are the guy that wants facts. Where are yours?

And if the owners started a site that got big and the CIA took control,the owners are not going to talk about it are they? I find it funny that you think the owners word is some kind of fact.

And Im not paranoid,Im realistic. Where else would you look for potentail domestic terrorists? Stormfront? GLP? The CIA would be there too. ATS had erad3 as a member for god sake.

And your opinions provide no proof. You dont know who controls the site any more than the OP.

And just google 'CIA monitors social media'. Countless articles detailing how the CIA does what I am saying. But,yeah,Im sure they dont search for key words

edit on 10-5-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

The evidence are all the closed threads and my thread being moved about 4 times. My first thread even had some of my comments labeled as off topic, as they were not. That's the evidence Im going on, it's gonna be hard to find a document that says ATS=TPTB. Instead, we can just discuss it freely. Does every thread on this website provide evidence of it's claims?

Even if I am wrong, what's the harm in discussing it in the first place? It seemed like everyone came in here so sure of me being wrong that this whole thread was easily dismissed.

Dismissed....are you kidding me. Your thread has been moved to the Board Business Forum, where every MOD, and the Site Owners have it right in their face. What more could you hope for....really.

Rant away at the so-called PTB...believe me they are all reading your words. Here they are at the head of the line, waiting for you to enlighten them on how to run ATS, according to your perfect world.

Des

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join