It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A message to the people of ATS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I'm not unhappy, I just want a honest conversation with the mods and the people here.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

So I guess it's impossible that maybe the TPTB created this website? Geez, they own the Gov. Own the food, own pretty much everything, but they cant create a website. Sounds like maybe TPTB don't even exist at all huh?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

this is a waste of time; this message of yours.
as other members pointed out already, the thread was closed because it was a duplicate.
was an ego hurt? Well, too bad. Can appreciate that gives a bad feeling. Deal with it.

my experience so far leads me to an ever growing respect for the mods who do a great job.
on occasions i admire their patience.
on occasions i disagree with their decisions. most of the time i disagree when my emotional involvement prevents me from seeing the logic in their acts.

please stop this kinda nonsense and add some substance to this site.
otherwise, hey, look, there's facebook. Nonsense all over the place.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
With an avatar like Skeptic Overload, there's no doubt ego runs through his mind after generating beta waves from inside. You would expect on a conspiracy site that the majority of the members think for themselves, and question authority. This goes for ANYTHING and ANYONE with a credible or controversial reputation. The fact our staff gets so malicious and pissed about any member bringing accusations of COINTELPRO and TPTB cooperation is immature, and egotistical. If there is nothing to hide, then don't be condescending about it. We run your site; no user generated content from us = no internet traffic revenue and other perks from godaddy.com

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NeverSleepingEyes

Then where are the original threads that were not closed? Like i said, you would have to close almost every thread and leave only one thread per topic. Does that sound right to you?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kang69

I'm not unhappy, I just want a honest conversation with the mods and the people here.

well, that's a fine and fair ambition
why don't you start one?

I'll be glad to participate, really
as for now, i just feel my inner cynic growing stronger

please trow in some substance.
that might be the start of a fair conversation.

and if you distrust this website, why don't you come up with some decent research that might add arguments?

I'm not saying you must be utterly wrong
I'm just saying that basically you are saying nothing with substance
that, my friend, is a pity

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sgspecial19

Thank you for commenting. It's exactly how police officers act. We fund them but once in a while they want to have some fun and kill someone for no reason.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

You are on page 2 of *honest* answers...you are just ignoring them They don't say what YOU want to hear.

Des

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Jesus H. Christ.

when you start the OP off with this????? come on man...

Look I have had my fair share of trouble with ATS.
Finally I decided I wanted to get along with a respectable crowd here, made some great friends, some are even the Mods I had sassed prior.

Lets say, I grew up!!!
I put down the childish acts and became a man about things.

ATS as bad as you think it is, take away the Moderators and you would have GLP (Dodge City)
I dont want that, I want a clean easy to use format and Friends here and good ones, I cant ask for better.

Finally its what you make of your experience, could be its you that needs to change but thats up to you....I will tell you this, You are not going to change ATS, us members wont let you

ponder that
edit on 10-5-2012 by rebellender because: forgot something

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Then where are the original threads that were not closed? Like i said, you would have to close almost every thread and leave only one thread per topic. Does that sound right to you?

come on, be fair. The link that is in your OP links to the thread that has the link to the thread. :-)
it took me 5 seconds.
can't be too hard as basically I'm a stupid moron

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I did start a topic with a moderator and he closed my comments as OFF TOPIC. there was nothing OFF TOPIC about it. I linked it in my previous post.

honestly, I'm not here to troll, just asking questions, as if that's not something we should all do everyday.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

my point exactly and a fair and open sketch of growing up on ATS
me too had my rough times in the beginning of the ride
as i said before: when i got slapped, basically i deserved it. I had to learn not to let my emotions take over (I tended to have pretty emotional reactions to certain ways of "debating")

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Im not here to change ATS, I'm hear to ask a question. I feel like I just entered some CNN forum or something, all of you are so quick to disregard this, because you have been blatantly following this website and your egos are too big to accept the fact that you are being lied to.

Don't jump to conclusions so fast.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I also noticed my threads are being moved to the rant section. What exactly am I ranting about? Nothing, I'm posing a logical question that this site may be a CIA ran operation. How many threads have we seen on here about stories, speculation and just out right jokes that have been moved to the rant section? Almost none, but it seems that if you say ATS=TPTB you are completely wrong and your thread goes to the rant section because threads about reptilians on TV's are not rants, there factual.

link   
reply to post by Kang69

Who cares if TPTB did create this site?...Are they typing your post for you?...No...You are...It's the members that make up the content here. TPTB can watch, monitor, delete, or whatever they want to do if they are the ones that created ATS...It doesn't matter. It's the information that it's members contribute that makes this site what it is.

Now, are there disinformation agents at work here?...most likely...and if not, they're not doing there job very well, but most of those get spotted pretty quick....and if TPTB do run the show, I'll be fighting them from the inside.

...and just to let you know: This IS a rant. That's why they moved it. This thread is where it is suppose to be.
edit on 10-5-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

CX

link   
Gotta remember too, if they kept every single thread here that accused this site of being this or that, we would be overrun with those kind of threads. The boards would make rubbish viewing. So i'm glad that repeated threads get binned. Don't forget theres the ATS Issues thread for any pressing items.

To be honest, every site has it's ups and downs. I have a little moan to myself now and again and don't agree with all that goes on here, but what i wouldn't do is come into someones forum....and yes it does belong people who worked hard to make it what it is.....and slag the place off and make random allegations that most people won't even bother to try and prove.

You wouldn't go into someones house then start slagging off the owners would you? Not unless you were ready for a quick exit and not being aloud back in again.

If i think someones house is really that bad, corrupt and damaging......i won't go there.

CX.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Earth to Kang,
Chill. You just got here and you have contributed next to nothing to this site. You've got a dozen posts on this thread alone bitching about ATS, which is 20% of what you have ever posted. Your accusations have already been proven false by members here, so get over yourself. You've also got negative points which means somewhere along the line you got your wings clipped by a mod for outrageous behavior. If you cannot contribute here in an adult fashion, please leave. Nobody cares whether you are here or not. If your major reason for coming here is to criticize ATS and accuse them of a bunch of unsubstantiated stuff, it doesn't make much sense for you to be here. You are simply being disruptive, and as you can see, most everyone here disagrees with you. Stop wasting our time.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
These forums are heavily moderated and they don't like people questioning, period. Which is suspect in itself.

Add that to the piles and piles of disinformation, and yeah, you've got yourself a controlled information outlet.

You see what they want you to see, here on ATS. That's final.

And my favorite is when the moderators make a cute remark about how they're right and we're wrong.

Reminds me of Officer Barbrady from South Park.

MOVE ALONG PEOPLE.

NOTHING TO SEE HERE.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Why would there be any reason to ban, censor or delete someones comment or thread?

Lets look at this thread-

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Jesus H. Christ. So this thread gets closed, for what exactly? Saying that ATS is ran by TPTB? If ATS is not ran by TPTB, then why would they care so much to close it? IT gets better! The moderator closed it and linked the thread to a thread, with about a thousands stars, saying that ATS is trustworthy blah blah blah. Geez, i could have sworn this sounds like the Ministry of Truth or Obama's truth squads!

Now, if these moderators censor stuff website, what if these people were elected to a Gov. Position. Would they keep people in the dark as well? Would they support CISPA or SOPA?

Another thing, for all you people that think you are not sheeple, don't let your egos get too big, most of you don't even question this website. Deny Ignorance? Right, let's just delete any thread that actually exposes sensitive info and any thread that says ATS=TPTB is inherently wrong and should be deleted immediately.

Are all of you on this website narrow minded? Or, did all the critical thinkers get banned? If this thread gets closed or I get banned, It is a shining example of who really runs this site. If theres nothing to hide, theres nothing to hide!

you say all you want is to raise a question to the mods
where's the question?
can't see a question?
all i see are opinions. Substantiate them and we're playing.

listen, I don't want to ridicule your concern.
basically you are entitled to raise questions
but please do it then

ask valid questions
and deal with the answers

and if you are concerned about the potential link with TPTB (what a convenient way of saying nothing, I really don't like such things... name names), then make sure you cover your steps

I for one told on several locations I feel unhappy with the lack of HTTPS, I would prefer encrypted communication. So what do i do, since i decided to stay? I take my own measures to cover up the things I like to keep in the dark; like my location. (even if I was so stupid to once give up the name of the country i live in)

I do love french fries

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Im not here to change ATS, I'm hear to ask a question. I feel like I just entered some CNN forum or something, all of you are so quick to disregard this, because you have been blatantly following this website and your egos are too big to accept the fact that you are being lied to.

Don't jump to conclusions so fast.

Seriously, as much as you dont want to right now, back away from the keyboard, take a pause, think about it, or lose your password...
you have options
I hope you take a serious moral inventory of this issue where you are concerned.

Its obvious we have held a mirror up

its up to you now,

I hope to see ya around, but, its up to you!!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join