It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A message to the people of ATS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Why would there be any reason to ban, censor or delete someones comment or thread?

Lets look at this thread-

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Jesus H. Christ. So this thread gets closed, for what exactly? Saying that ATS is ran by TPTB? If ATS is not ran by TPTB, then why would they care so much to close it? IT gets better! The moderator closed it and linked the thread to a thread, with about a thousands stars, saying that ATS is trustworthy blah blah blah. Geez, i could have sworn this sounds like the Ministry of Truth or Obama's truth squads!

Now, if these moderators censor stuff website, what if these people were elected to a Gov. Position. Would they keep people in the dark as well? Would they support CISPA or SOPA?

Another thing, for all you people that think you are not sheeple, don't let your egos get too big, most of you don't even question this website. Deny Ignorance? Right, let's just delete any thread that actually exposes sensitive info and any thread that says ATS=TPTB is inherently wrong and should be deleted immediately.

Are all of you on this website narrow minded? Or, did all the critical thinkers get banned? If this thread gets closed or I get banned, It is a shining example of who really runs this site. If theres nothing to hide, theres nothing to hide!

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

It was closed because it was a duplicate of an already existing thread. Nothing was deleted or censored. The moderator even linked to the existing article where the discussion could continue.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kang69
If theres nothing to hide, theres nothing to hide!

Exactly! Which is why the thread linked to the closed thread is.. wait for it... wait for it... OPEN for discussion on this topic for those who wish to participate. Honestly, if you have a problem with the way the site is run, perhaps it is time to back away and find a new sandbox in which to play.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
You know what?...I think the mods do a damn good job on this site. Most of the things I see get deleted, should have been. Members that I've seen banned, deserved to be. Things that are censored, there is a reason for it. ATS is without a doubt the best site...period...

To the mods: Everyone one of you do a great job, and your efforts ARE appreciated. That goes for the Administrators and Owners as well. Keep up the hard work.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

Jesus H. Christ. So this thread gets closed, for what exactly? Saying that ATS is ran by TPTB? If ATS is not ran by TPTB, then why would they care so much to close it? IT gets better! The moderator closed it and linked the thread to a thread, with about a thousands stars, saying that ATS is trustworthy blah blah blah. Geez, i could have sworn this sounds like the Ministry of Truth or Obama's truth squads!

your thread wasn't censored or removed. It was closed because it is a duplicate thread, and the moderator was kind enough to link you to the thread discussing the VERY ISSUE you were ranting about.

Honestly. If you hate it, there's the freaking door, click the red X and be gone, I'm sick of listening to crybabies like you. you weren't even censored for christ sake.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Also, I would just like to add something.

This thread is closed and is called a joke by one of the moderators. If it's a joke, like one of the posters said, why close it? Even then it's interesting to look at. I honestly can't believe how many of you actually believe this site is ran by your fellow brethren. Deny Ignorance, expect ATS is all trustworthy and A ok because the moderators say so!

It's no different from the words that come out of lying, corrupt politicians mouths. It's also hilarious that you people will absolutely believe that there's UFO's everywhere and reptilians on TV, but it is impossible for ATS to be a CIA ran operation to keep us in the dark? Is it that hard to understand?

Deny ignorance, i guess.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I am sick of these ATS is blah blah blah.

Well I like shills. They are good company and challenge me to try harder.

edit on 10-5-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

So this thread gets closed, for what exactly? Saying that ATS is ran by TPTB?

Over the past eight years I've seen thread after thread after thread .. ATS is run by TPTB ... ATS is infiltrated ... etc etc. There has to be dozens and dozens of them. If they deleted a thread that accused ATS of being run by TPTB it's probably because there are already mountains of them in the system just waiting to be dug out and added to by posters ...

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

No, the discussion was about how ATS is all trustworthy, not about how they are a internet shill.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
It seems all of you are ready to dismiss all of this in a second. Why is this? because you don't want to you have been betrayed. Oh, here we go again, it's a duplicate thread, close it! Then why is every thread closed? So all of you are saying that there can be only one Thread per each subject matter? You would have to close almost every thread then.

Even if it's not a shill site, why not even question it in the first place? Why not do some research and really think about it? Surely if it's not a shill site you must be right? Right?

The only thing I can come up with for the reason why you don't want to look into this thread, is because of laziness, fear of change, or the fact that you have been brainwashed into thinking this site is ran by one of our fellow liberty preaching citizens.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Should have been? geez anything that disagrees with me or the moderators should be deleted. I guess if you were President of the US you would be a great Dictator.

Wow, I guess the only people that lie are politicians. moderators on this website could never lie. Because they are fallen angels here to protect us.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

I notice that you are a newer member...I'll be a little blunt here: You haven't been around long enough to even know how things work here yet, for that matter, I haven't been here all that long myself. I could honestly care less if the CIA or another agency ran ATS. I enjoy it, I learn from it, and so do many others. If you don't like it here, don't post here. There are plenty of others that will.

You need to realize that part of a Moderators job is to save a little space. Duplicate threads are always a problem and it's just smart to consolidate. I have never seen a thread deleted just because a Mod didn't agree with what was being said. If you violate the rules, your post or thread is deleted. There's nothing wrong with that...I've had post and threads deleted myself, and it only made me try a little harder to created post and threads that were appropriate to the rules of ATS.

edit on 10-5-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Most members dont notice because most of them are the type that think the nanny state protects them Most are trusting and gullible and naive. Most mods included.

I agree with you. ATS is very fishy in many ways. There is alot you cant talk about. Some things are so fishy that they are obvious.

Its still a good site though. But I second your Jesus H Christ.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Also, I would just like to add something.

This thread is closed and is called a joke by one of the moderators.

Holy cow, really? LOL... this thread that you have referenced above.. was done on April Fools Day. April Fools Day pranks are common on this site as well as others. Losen up, don't be afraid to have some fun and stop seeing a conspiracy behind every blade of grass or closed thread.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

That's the whole point. If this is a CIA ran website, there going to continue brainwash you with aliens and UFO's to keep away from the important subjects. This site is really no different from CNN, Fox, whatever. People will always choose the lesser of two evils.

The only reason why people on this website will disregard anything that says ATS=TPTB is because they think there in the know. Just like how people who watch Fox say that fox dosent lie, it's exactly the same way here.

If ATS is not a shill website, then there should be open discussion about it.

The shills come here and say, it was a duplicate thread, so they closed it. Then where are the original threads that were not closed? If your going to use that as an excuse, you might as well close every thread and only leave one thread for each subject matter.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MyMindIsMyOwn

If it was a joke why close it? There has been hordes of threads about bs, speculation and jokes, that have never been closed.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

reply to post by isyeye

Should have been? geez anything that disagrees with me or the moderators should be deleted. I guess if you were President of the US you would be a great Dictator.

Wow, I guess the only people that lie are politicians. moderators on this website could never lie. Because they are fallen angels here to protect us.

If you are so unhappy here.....Here's the door...here's the mat...

Des

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

reply to post by MyMindIsMyOwn

If it was a joke why close it? There has been hordes of threads about bs, speculation and jokes, that have never been closed.

Oh I dunno... perhaps to keep folks from going off the deep end with a well thought out and provocative April Fools prank? Would you have felt better about it if they had simply 404'd the whole thing?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

To prove my point even more, www.abovetopsecret.com...

I was not off-topic at all. I was discussing the thread and asking a moderator questions. Even if it was off-topic, what's going to happen, is the sky going to fall?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

I don't think you're giving enough credit to most of the members here. Most of these people are damn smart, and they're not going to be fooled by a little misdirection. The difference between MSM and ATS is US...it is YOU...it's all of our opinions that make this site what it is. It is our words here, not TPTB. Have a little faith in people, and you'll see that most of us aren't lacking in intelligence, and aren't suckered into foolish beliefs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join