It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Asks Ron Paul To Drop Out & Endorse Romney Despite His Chances To Win

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by consigliere
Your title is misleading Hess

She asked him "Why hasn't he dropped out"
Does it matter how she worded it? She is arguing under the PRESUMPTION, and that is all it is, that Romney is a shoo in. I think it's rather distasteful.
edit on 10-5-2012 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

You can think its distaceful but, it is also a fact. Romney will have the nomination by the end of the month with our without the delegates Pauls people cheated him out of. The question is one of common sense. He can not win so what does he want? A speaking role at the convention seems to be what his camp has been saying.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by consigliere
Your title is misleading Hess

She asked him "Why hasn't he dropped out"
Does it matter how she worded it? She is arguing under the PRESUMPTION, and that is all it is, that Romney is a shoo in. I think it's rather distasteful.
edit on 10-5-2012 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

You can think its distaceful but, it is also a fact. Romney will have the nomination by the end of the month with our without the delegates Pauls people cheated him out of. The question is one of common sense. He can not win so what does he want? A speaking role at the convention seems to be what his camp has been saying.

Cheated Romney out of delegates? You mean the delegates that support him in the face of every dirty trick in the book? YES, he should have a voice at the convention, and I for one can't wait to hear Obama and Romney try and debate him.....if there is any justice left in this world he/we will have the opportunity to be heard...too many Americans are demanding this debate....and it needs to happen.....God Bless Ron Paul...♥

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
WTH is an "Evangelical Christian" anyway?? I mean, in the last two months that term has been thrown around like in every other Election before this one. Maybe back when everything was good and grand, that was a talking point but in todays society and economic problems World Wide we need to quit talking about "talking points" and get on with the Serious Issues.

Gay Marriage
Evangelical Christian Vote

Whats next......lets take guesses on this instead of when the next "Big One" is hitting Northern Cali, AGAIN.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I think Romney should drop out and support Ron Paul.

I think Ron Paul realizes if he supports Romney he will lose his base. I am amazed that CNN is still on the air, such BS it spews out day in and day out.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by g0dhims3lf
Power of Suggestion people, I mean seriously how many times did she say the name Mitt Romney. So disrespectful.

Exactly!!!!!!! CNN is used to brainwash the dimwit masses. Ron Paul supporters don't fall for it. Ron Paul has a chance.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Whats her end game? to make Ron Paul look insignificant? If people sheep this type of journalism and say side with her making out he is insignificant they are some dumb people. The US media has a skill at 'not' talking about the interviewee and rambling like a lost cause. This isn't news. Not hard news. Its clearly an attempt at mild character assassination, if you know what I mean.

Ron Paul all the way, someone with control over there own mind needs to be in charge of all those nukes.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I watched a short interview with Ron Paul a couple days ago on CNBC and they asked him the same exact question. Wanted to know when he was going to go ahead and give Romney his endorsement. Ron Paul, of course, said not any time soon.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

From here in Australia I perceive Ron Paul as knowing what he's talking about, and Romney, well that's just another fake dude doing what he's told and not in a very intellectual way. A lot of people here would say, why are you so worried about the states? worry about your own country! I am worried, because Australia sits on the knee of the US.

Ron Paul all the way.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Ron Paul made the front page of our newspaper a couple of a days ago.
and the headline.....

"One thorn in Romney's side is looking to cause more pain."

But as they say, even bad publicity is better than NO publicity.

One more thing; This idea that Ron Paul needs to throw his support behind Romney
to unify the republicans is way off...

I'm a Ron Paul supporter, not a republican, and I'm not voting for anyone but Ron Paul.
I hate these people who don't vote their conscience, and instead vote depending on who
is winning the popularity poll....spineless partisan schmucks.

IT AIN'T ABOUT LEFT OR RIGHT ANYMORE

IT'S ABOUT US VERSUS THEM

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Daaaaaamn.

Asking him if Romney can beat Obama was the true low blow of the interview, in my opinion. But yet again, who's surprised? CNN lacks any journalistic integrity.

As much as I disagree with Paul on quite a few of his ideas and opinions, it's astonishing and repulsive how mistreated he is by the mainstream media networks.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
What a disrespectful way to address someone who is still in the running.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

Here's my 2 cents on CNN.

Fudge 'em.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
If Paul runs as a ind, he will indeed hurt the Republicans chances more than the Dems, but I don't think the RP crowd cares.
Better to fracture the party and create (in the long term) a 3 party system than keep up the fake GOP nonsense of it being one party (when it simply isn't).

Kucnenic is the other side of RP, but the Dems aren't -as- fractured (yet) as a whole...so there is less traction..But, thing is, Ron Paul is overall a social liberal, which would, if given a chance to speak, lure in lots of the youth vote (youth being any under 50 really. most 40 somethings also resonate with RPs social liberal get out of my life/bed/choice mentality).

So, I say keep it up. I don't agree with a number of things RP stands for, but he is a breath of fresh air and I would rather have had him in office than the last few repubs that either tried or did end up in office...Country would most likely be in better shape if -some- of his policys were enacted (ending the fed though is highly irresponsible...even if it is a corrupt system, a sudden removal would shock the economy into death for a generation...such ambitions needs a 20 or more year weening off..you don't just stop a junky from doing their smack and expect everything to be fine...it is 100 years in the making, if we can reverse things in half that time that would be ambitious)

I agree with everything here.

I am a Ron Paul supporter, and I am a Democrat.

I doubt I would ever support another republican candidate, ever, But Maybe I am a Libertarian. I am a democrat who wants small government. Or maybe I should say that I want to be left alone, but wouldn't mind paying higher taxes if it meant some mom got some food. I don't want to pay higher taxes to blow up brown people...

~Dusty (A Ron Paul Supporter, who never supported any candidate, ever, otherwise.)

Oh and CNN can suck............ it.

Just saw Rival's post maybe 4 posts up from here. This is the boat I am in. Who can be so callous or so naive to vote for a "party" Spineless twits...

Do they not realize Ron Paul is deflecting a lot of anti government sentiment? Without him, I would not be participating in this same way, I would be making "other" plans.
edit on 5/10/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I like the way he kept turning it around on her and making her look like a whining puppy. I have always hated those news women, they are worthless.I liked it better when men did the news, because at least you got news..not all of this estrogen crap.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
When is it, I wonder, that CNN will finally endorse ABC News, CBS News, and NBC News, or MSNBC? Why isn't it that CNN is ever willing to discuss if MSNBC can beat them in the ratings? Shouldn't CNN finally endorse FOXNews? Does CNN hope, by staying on the air, they'll get a chance to give a speech at some journalism convention? Really, seriously, why won't CNN endorse MSNBC or FOXNews?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

LOL, that was really funny, needed a laugh, has been a long day.....amazing how much energy Ron Paul has in his 70's....I'm in my 40's and frankly I'm tired alot these days.....

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

LOL, that was really funny, needed a laugh, has been a long day.....amazing how much energy Ron Paul has in his 70's....I'm in my 40's and frankly I'm tired alot these days.....

Ron Paul seems to have the patience of Job with these fools. That entire interview was such an obvious sleight to he, and he just patiently, like a loving father dealing with his mentally challenged daughter, just did his best to answer these stupid questions.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
There was a video posted today or yesterday a guy on fox asked Ron Paul who he was going to vote for and he states himself because he isn't out of the race! The MSM is disgusting.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I could create a whole thread "Ron Paul makes Interviewers look like Idiots". The list of Youtube links could go on and on. Its almost funny because what other Candidate goes blindly into an interview. NONE!!!!

The best thing, when its over.....he wins the interviewer over. They almost want to say "im sorry" but they know they cant.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

I actually like the Libertarian stance on many things, but Ron Paul will never be allowed to win.

Why he is stubbornly holding out remains to be seen.

The majority of his supporters this time, seem to be disenchanted Obama-ites.

What concerns me is that this same bunch will either go back to Obama or write-in Ron Paul, splitting the Anti-Obama forces and ensuring Obama will be re-elected.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join