It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stunning old Ron Paul Clip.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Just found this and haven´t seen it before and not sure it was ever covered on ATS until now either, so here goes.

This clip have Ron Paul defending his policies and opinions on drugs vs virtually everyone else on the show, some 20 years ago. And he is not backing down despite being the clear minority. It is rather painful to watch, with all those people showing how little regards and understanding they have for personal freedoms. Maybe that is representative of that entire generation of people, which would be the people in the 50-80 years old today.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Search "ron paul morton downey"

One

Two

Three

Not to mention all the times it's brought up in threads...
edit on 10-5-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Search "ron paul morton downey"

wow
hadn't heard that name in many years...
i used to watch dood as a Kid....

that stuff was like a political version of Jerry Springer

watch for this quote, had me in stitches....@ 7:35 "the only thing you can be president of is Disney-Land, because you live in another world!"

Paul gets heated ....go Ronny Go!

thanks bonch

edit on 5/10/2012 by spoonbender because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

Even though it's a bit of a dead horse, I suggest taking a look at Lisa Evers.

She is the one in the red cap telling Paul how he amounts to nothing. Sadly for her, her future life from that point includes a failed bid at being a female WWF wrestler, and maintaining her position as a Fox News lackey.

I do believe Ron Paul is presidential candidate who has a large base of supporters that believe in constitutional freedoms.

Although it's not professional wrestling... So maybe it's not that prestigious...

---

Oh, and Downey died of lung cancer. Which Paul warned him about back then.

Irony.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
It's sad that Ron Paul had to wait until one of his legs is in the grave for his ideas to get popular. This is his last chance to become president and I doubt it will happen, though I guess it is a possibility. Only thing he can hope now is that the seed he has sown into the mind of the people will sprout and someone, perhaps his son, will continue his work.
edit on 10-5-2012 by Shred because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
This was ridiculous. Good post. I find it interesting that there was such an anti-drug movement in the 80's after the 60's and 70's. What a weird decade.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The people in the crowd are crazy. That's why things are so bad. Mindless idiots that don't let people have there views but look how things have changed for him. He has never backed down. If that was obama he would be running back to Kenya crying.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Glad I voted for him in '88. I just wish he would have won. Sometimes I wondered if I should have voted against Bush with the Dem candidate then, if only it would have helped. What a contrast Bush was to Paul, "If you use drugs or commit a crime you will be caught and you will be punished. We will put on more police on the streets. We will put more judges in the courtrooms, and we will build more prisons." Seems he kept his word, except to do all that required "new taxes." I know many of you really love such an uptight nation to live under. Not for me

I didn't vote in 2008, for the first time since I was eligible in '72 - had moved out of the country and thought to leave it all behind me. Paul has my vote this year. I'm not there but I still care.

Yes, I'm in that 50-80 year-old category but some of us 60's people are more liberty-minded than most of you ever thought to be.

I used to watch that show, it can be entertaining. I may have given it up after seeing how they treated Ron Paul on there. What a bunch of idiots!

edit on 10-5-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
This is probably a bit of a skunk works statement, and if I didn't see it right, totally my bad, but did anyone else notice the lady in red (beret) had an illuminati eye on her shirt? Just sayin'.

Edit: I think there's a real clear view of it at 13:07.

edit on 10-5-2012 by Lasr1oftheJedi because: mispunctuation

edit on 10-5-2012 by Lasr1oftheJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Seriously, if you would go the HBO and pitch the idea of a tv show who condemns drug usage, the moderator of that show being a guy smoking a pack of cigarettes and drinking beer they would tell you you're crazy. This is reality folks, where people are dumb, asleep and manipulated by vicious men ( they are not smart, they are just not asleep ).

top topics

join