It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus forgiving sin is unjust to Victim.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
That is why Martin Luther removed 2 Maccabees 12:46 (Old Testament) from the Bible. I am surprised he didn't strip a few of the preceding verses away while he was at it, or did he????

The book I read on the life of Martin Luther is one that should frighten Christians. He pulled apart the bible and wanted to get rid of whole sections, including the 10 commandments. He said they were impossible to live by so they had no place in the bible. His contemporaries were able to talk him down from all the things his ego wanted to do to the bible. Martin Luther isn't the grand fella that centuries of spin have made him out to be.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I was just reading that he was quite anti-semetic.

Martin Luther's dirty little book:
On the Jews and their lies
A precursor to Nazism
www.nobeliefs.com...
(link to book at article)

Today, white-supremacists and Neo-Nazis continue to spread Luther's Jewish hatred and use quotes from this book as "proof" of their convictions. I trust that readers will see the horror and danger of Luther's book and will realize the potential threat that might come from belief in it.

FF, you are right about that ego of his. When he realized he couldn't convert the Jews he started hating them.

What a hero! Not.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

To someone who sincerely believes that Jesus forgiving is unjust to victims, I would like to mention purgatory. Here is an article about the subject.
y]

Purgatory.

A great idea invented by the Church so that you could bargain with God and fill their coffers by selling indulgences and speak for God.

The exact reason that Martin Luther split the church.
It was an immoral practice yet Chritians are still trying to buy their way out from under God.

Regards
DL

Oh I see. That is why Martin Luther removed 2 Maccabees 12:46 (Old Testament) from the Bible. I am surprised he didn't strip a few of the preceding verses away while he was at it, or did he????

42 And so betaking themselves to prayers, they besought him, that the sin which had been committed might be forgotten. But the most valiant Judas exhorted the people to keep themselves from sin, forasmuch as they saw before their eyes what had happened, because of the sins of those that were slain. 43 And making a gathering, he sent twelve thousand drachms of silver to Jerusalem for sacrifice to be offered for the sins of the dead, thinking well and religiously concerning the resurrection. 44 (For if he had not hoped that they that were slain should rise again, it would have seemed superfluous and vain to pray for the dead), 45 and because he considered that they who had fallen asleep with godliness, had great grace laid up for them.46 It is therefore a holy and wholesome thought to pray for the dead, that they may be loosed from sins.(my bold)

www.newadvent.org... (side by side with Greek and Roman translations)

Sounds like Jews were offering $$ for sins of the dead in the OT. As for verse 46 it would be quite illogical to pray for the dead to loose their sins if they went straight to heaven. Martin Luther didn't agree with it so he deleted it, how special.

Doesn't a curse befall someone who changes the Bible?

beggarsallreformation.blogspot.com...

edit on 5/16/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/16/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

So you see praying for the dead and trying to bribe God with $$$$$ as the same thing.

Ok.

Just one more thing to add to your wish list of fantasies.

1 Corinthians 13:11
When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

Like unfounded imaginings.

Regards
DL

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Greatest I am
The exact reason that Martin Luther split the church.

The exact reason that Martin Luther CLAIMED to be splitting from the church.
His writings and deeds when it came to bedroom antics say that his real reason
was a much more 'earthy' one. "If the wife is unwilling then take the maid" - Martin Luther.
Lovely ... he's pushing adultry and rape.

ON TOPIC - Jesus forgiving sin is unjust to the Victim.

On one hand .. true.

However, if the victim can bring himself to forgive the perp who has harmed him, then that victim raises himself up to being like Jesus - Jesus who practiced heroic forgiveness with those who tortured and killed him. According to Christianity, we are all supposed to be like Christ, loving and forgiving. (easier said than done). So being the victim is an opportunity to practice heroic virtue.

And I agree with what dbates said.

Thanks for the agreement I also agree with you that Christians should be Jesus like.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

That is why Martin Luther removed 2 Maccabees 12:46 (Old Testament) from the Bible. I am surprised he didn't strip a few of the preceding verses away while he was at it, or did he????

The book I read on the life of Martin Luther is one that should frighten Christians. He pulled apart the bible and wanted to get rid of whole sections, including the 10 commandments. He said they were impossible to live by so they had no place in the bible. His contemporaries were able to talk him down from all the things his ego wanted to do to the bible. Martin Luther isn't the grand fella that centuries of spin have made him out to be.

Education opens the eyes and the last thing most believers want is truth.

“Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding.”

“Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.”

“Be a sinner and sin strongly, but more strongly have faith and rejoice in Christ.”

“If a woman grows weary and, at last, dies from childbearing, it matters not. Let her die from bearing - she is there to do it.”
- Martin Luther

Regards
DL

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
People who forgive those who have acted against them, even the most violent crimes, will find that they will be able to move on in their life rather than be consumed by hate and anger.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
People who forgive those who have acted against them, even the most violent crimes, will find that they will be able to move on in their life rather than be consumed by hate and anger.

Which is exactly why it is unjust for God to forgive before man does.

Regards
DL

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join