It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Infections cause 1 in 6 cancers worldwide

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Infections cause 1 in 6 cancers worldwide

timesofindia.indiatimes.com

One in five cancers in India are being caused by infections with viruses, bacteria and parasites. …

In comparison, worldwide, 1 in 6 cancers are being caused by infections. …

" …although cancer is considered a major NCD, a sizable proportion of its causation is infectious and simple non-communicable disease paradigms will not be sufficient."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Many of us know cancer is "multifactorial" - it happens when severals factors converge to overwhelm our systems. There is never one single cause-and-effect. But okay, yeah, infections DO play a role. Sometimes, that role is major.

But if we took care of nature, nature would take of us. It's a simple system but we've buggered it up.

Now, we pay.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

Many of us know cancer is "multifactorial" - it happens when severals factors converge to overwhelm our systems. There is never one single cause-and-effect. But okay, yeah, infections DO play a role. Sometimes, that role is major.

But if we took care of nature, nature would take of us. It's a simple system but we've buggered it up.

Now, we pay.

this is actually a scare tactic, be exposed to infections less and you will suffer more

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Funny how the things we read about in "conspiracy" magazines for years eventually always make it into mainstream later on.

First vitamin D, now this.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
1 in 6 infections... that we know of.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by QQXXw

this is actually a scare tactic

Erm. No. Cancer rates skyrocketed in the US over the past few generations - now 1 in 2 men get cancer, and 1 in 3 women. Now it's India's turn, and their cancer rates are climbing fast. It's real.

be exposed to infections less and you will suffer more

True, in general. But when our environment is an ongoing assault instead of a healing place, we're in trouble.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Cancer rates are increasing because the population is ageing, and most cancers occur in the over 50's.
edit on 10-5-2012 by Heresy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Hi sof,
Most folks do not realize that the long life spans attained since the dark ages are directly do to improved hygiene. Indoor plumbing,boiled or sanitized water and bathing in clean HOT water with soap.
Alot of these amenities are not available to alot of folks in India.
But I still find it hard to correlate how the infection problem has increased in India. By increase in population alone perhaps?
This seems like a big cover for Big Pharm.
Infection by Monsanto is my guess. Just like the US.
ljb
edit on 5/10/2012 by longjohnbritches because: sp

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heresy

Cancer rates are increasing because the population is ageing, and most cancers occur in the over 50's.
edit on 10-5-2012 by Heresy because: (no reason given)

well you sure backed that statement up well

Based on current incidence rates, 40% of women and 45% of men in Canada will
develop cancer during their lifetimes.
 Current mortality rates indicate that 24% of women and 29% of men, or
approximately one out of every four Canadians, will die from cancer.

www.cancer.ca... ish/Canadian%20Cancer%20Statistics%202011%20-%20English.ashx

they say that a hundred years ago cancer was rare
edit on 10-5-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

What a load of utter crap......it's more like Indian officials are covering up their own nuclear spillages

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
The depleted Uranium in the middle east had quite a fallout in India. Its everywhere but the cloud over India was well documented by the whistle blowers, and that was from the 90's (Gulf War) on.

In addition, nuclear of all sorts.

This is what is called a cover up, and they are probably trying to clean up their River too, so their own version of agenda 21.

Infections could contribute, but I bet the findings are slanted higher, to hide the nuclear.

Much like the Alaska Flight attendants losing their hair and having rashes, being blamed on uniforms, not Fukushima.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Understanding Cancer and how cancer develops is the best way to understand why is affecting us in this modern times more than ever.

We produce cancer cells all the time, but our bodies immune system has the ability to fight this radicals all the time even without us knowing about it.

But when the cells multiply faster than the immune system can fight them then we have a problem.

It is very important that we keep our systems in perfect harmony to be able to assist on fighting any type of cells that are not working properly.

Understanding cancer

www.angelfire.com...

Like Sofi said it is now the environmental issues along with other lifestyle habits that are causing so much harm to our bodies immune system this days, and one of the reason of the raise of so many diseases.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Us folks with AUTOIMMUNE diseases have a higher cancer rate then you other folks.
Couple that with the fact that lots of us have too low white blood cell counts (that's me as well) ...
It kinda says a lot. Cancer and infections and immune system ... all tied together.
(and it's very, very, SUCKY!!
)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

well you sure backed that statement up well

It's such common knowledge, I didn't think I needed to.

I'll post a link to a chart for age and cancer incidence.
info.cancerresearchuk.org...

You'll notice the rates don't really pick up until after 49. I looked up the stats a few years ago. Over a third of cancers are diagnosed in the elderly (75+).

A hundred years ago, people over 75 were rare.
edit on 10-5-2012 by Heresy because: Forgot a punchline.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It is my belief that the body, when it is functioning properly, will not allow cancer to gain a foothold. Our bodies are not functioning properly these days, thanks to the various chemicals that we are in contact with 24/7.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I think GMO grains are to blame for the cancer spikes.

Anytime a cell is abnormal it is considered precancerous, it will either grow and become cancer or die and be absorbed back into your body.

Since our bodies have been taking in mutated food it only makes sense that our bodies would try to fight that.

My garden gets bigger every year. I worry about feeding my family the garbage they sell on grocery stores today.

Last year I froze 125 dozen ears of sweetcorn and had 50 hills of potato's, along with about 15 other veggies. This year I upped it to 150 ears of corn and 75 hills of spuds.

If I did the math right we will not have to buy any veggies from a supermarket.

We buy one beef steer every year and fatten it for 6 months on organic corn and that gives us enough beef for the year. We do 2 hogs a year in the same way. We added chickens this year too, will add turkey's if the chickens work out.

I love living in the country.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I'm still waiting for someone to post.

"This is just a false flag!!!! Just a government conspiracy for us to get vaccinations!!!"

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
"Diseases of civilization" were rare prior to the introduction of agriculture. Mummies of the ancient Egyptians show much evidence of cancer and other diseases of civilization. Eliminating grains from the diet should be beneficial.
Generally humans are programmed to live to about the age of 100. There were many older people throughout history. What brought the average lifespan down were deaths at childbirth, infectious diseases, and accidents. My grandparents and my wife's family on her fathers side lived to around 100. Introduction of cigarettes (but not pipe or cigar) reduced lifespan slightly around 6 months, but did increase the rate of cancer deaths.
The switch from healthy fats such as butter, bacon grease, beef tallow - to the unhealthy fats such as corn and soybean oil - probably causes much of the cancers. Along with modified grains, although any grain consumption for humans is questionable. Mass farming of animals, as opposed to the better small farmer, also is part of the problem. People do better with raw milk, instead of pasteurized, as shown by my ancestors and my wife's relatives who grew up on farms.
Consumption of traditional foods such as eating the entire animal, including organs and bone marrow, should restore health to most people. The so called healthy low carb diet, based on grains, cheap oils such as corn oil, and sugar, is the primary problem. Meat, vegetables and a starch such as potato, with some wine, is a much better diet.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laxpla
I'm still waiting for someone to post.

"This is just a false flag!!!! Just a government conspiracy for us to get vaccinations!!!"

Maybe it's the vaccination programs in the 3rd world that are causing these increases in cancer?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Just an fyi to others, if you get a general blood survey done and notice the white blood cell count is on the lower end of normal, in a healthy person that's actually a good thing. It means your immune system is efficient and you're not fighting any infections. More troops than what are needed isn't always a good thing.

Anything that prompts cells to repair from damage will increase the risk for cancer. Mouthwash was shown to increase the risk for oral cancer for example which makes sense.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join