It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria: 70 killed in huge Damascus explosions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Updated at 8:02 a.m. Eastern

(CBS/AP) DAMASCUS, Syria - Two strong explosions ripped through the Syrian capital Thursday, killing or wounding dozens of people and leaving scenes of carnage in the streets in an assault against a center of government power.

The blasts, which ripped the facade off a military intelligence building, happened at about 7:50 a.m. when employees are usually arriving at work. The outer wall of the headquarters collapsed, although the structure inside appeared intact.

CBS News' George Baghdadi says human remains and badly burned bodies littered the streets after the explosions, which also destroyed as many as 40 cars and pickup trucks. Syrian Ministry of Interior says 70 people were killed by the explosions, including

www.cbsnews.com...

It is only a matter of time before nato gets involved..

With Clinton coming out recently and all the
things heating up in Syria I wonder why
Obama admin has not done a thing..
I mean they went into libya and it wasnt half this bad..

Now here we have another mass explosion
and things are only going to get worse..

Syria has stated if they are attacked they will bomb
israel and surrounding countries in a suicide move
of there own.. stay tuned for updates

pretty big explosion..

sad for the loss of life no matter who they are.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

With Clinton coming out recently and all the things heating up in Syria I wonder why Obama admin has not done a thing.. I mean they went into libya and it wasnt half this bad..

So what your saying your agreeing with that proven crazy Sen John McCain that we should be bomb Assad? thus sending Syria into a worse regional conflict with its neighbors? which will be a lot worse?

As we speak libya is no better, i am surprised that 800,000 only registered for the elections well they could be easily ex libyans that returned back from either exile or the preparation of the war in libya.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Well, we all know who was behind that, don't we!

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

So what your saying your agreeing with that proven crazy Sen John McCain that we should be bomb Assad? thus sending Syria into a worse regional conflict with its neighbors? which will be a lot worse?

As we speak libya is no better, i am surprised that 800,000 only registered for the elections well they could be easily ex libyans that returned back from either exile or the preparation of the war in libya.

I didn't say that..

I think libya was a easy pr move for the obama
admin and this wouldnt be so easy

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

proven crazy....I think you are letting partisan politics get the best of your fingers

in reference to this, you in your 30's yet to remember this?

yeah, its an early 80's parody
must be before your time,
otherwise you would know all about the 70's and 80's and the positions of the Arabs and why.

John McCain proved Crazy,,,show me, and show Arizona while you are at it.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I do not see how bombing a country is a decision to be based upon PR moves.Should something like that be based upon whether or not that country is trying to attack yours?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

Well if it was a wall street hostile takeover type of scenario,,maybe that might help,,u know PR is everything when u want too ,,raid.
Thus the term wall street raiders.
Make it easier too understand?
or/
The enemy of my enemy is still my enemy but we can use that advantage too,,
or/
i just hate everyone
or
the devil made me do it
or
ya u get the idea,,,,

Me.

top topics