It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illuminati/Occult themes in Doom metal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by BlesUTP

The latest Devil's Blood album has a reference to Saturnalia (Everlasting Saturnalia).

I find it amazing that a relative of mine is a wiccan and yet, has never heard of many of these groups. There are also bands out there with wiccan beliefs.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Yes it does, it's also just as good as The Time of No Time Evermore.

I don't know if they're exactly Wicca but some good Pagan metal bands are The Flight of Sleipnir, Moonsorrow, Graveland, Primordial, Thyrfing, Heidevolk and Ensiferum.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by BlesUTP

I have never had a problem with any pagan metal. I have seen some of the 'Viking folk' crap as having an alarming amount of white power BS in the lyrics... Gotta love it when political ideals spoil good metal, any way, other than that there is a lot of good metal bands that are Pagan in some form or another, whether it's Wiccan or older... Odinism and such.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

I'm sure that there are some bands who take that theme too seriously.

Just need to read the lyrics more.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I did a search on youtube for a video by the band Psyconauts from Italy that have an album titled "Planet X" and a track called "Road to Niburu". There aren't currently any videos up there but I thought that it was a very eerie, very well done track.

Then again, 2012 mania and nothing more?

<< 1   >>

join