It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this strange 6000 year old artifact?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
leatherworking tool with a blade for cutting and a piercer to make holes to make sewing the pieces of leather together

What Max said... would like to see some scale. Cool pics of archeological dig. I love to see how ancients lived their days and especially, their stuff...

Edit: Ooops, this one is better:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 10-5-2012 by intrptr because: additional...

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
The gay cave man. A true pioneer.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewerBeing
A metal object found in the stone age, only one explanation for this..

ALIENS!

Gayliens!

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Originally posted by adnachiel21
Gay caveman???
How can they tell.

Becuse it was Homo Erectus.

Harte

No you didn't!

Oh yes you did,

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by waveydavey

All chaps have the ass cut out...

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

It might be some type of pin or clip? Maybe a clothing accessory?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Perhaps (and I am prepared for the criticizm) it was used as a pipe tool.
Something to poke thorough the bowl, obviously on a hinge to make more accesible.
And a razor to scrape with.
Maybe they got sick of using pine tree needles to unclog thier pipes haha

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
hi op

i think it is this
its a cutting tool for very thick hide
the spike is used to grip and hold it in place
so you can use it like you were scoring thick card
the point will stop it from slipping
just a thought though

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
There is nothing in the picture that gives the object scale.

In my opinion it looks like a clasp from a brooch

DP

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by adnachiel21
Gay caveman???
How can they tell.

Loves boys+showtunes,Judy Garland and Tracklighting

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Yeah, I said straight razor on page one but nobody paid any attention to it. Good thinking that the spike went into a wooden handle. I work wood and all hand tools of old were made that way.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Such a lame immature joke.But so funny
And I thought they presumed he was gay because of the jeweled thingy in his grave.Gays and girls love sparkly.
Anyway I read the article and they presume it's because he was buried the way they buried women.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
the link explains why they think gay
and yeah,
leather working tool sounds better then plain scissors

good call
edit on 10-5-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

Actually they don't think he was gay. They think it likely he belongs to a third gender role, his sexual orientation is a completely different matter, and can not be determined.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by olliemc84
Scientists speak out to discredit "gay caveman"

The man's skeleton was found placed on its left side with the head facing west -- traditionally the position in which females in the culture were buried. Around the remains were items also typically associated with female burials instead of weapons normally found in male graves from that time period. Two other conventional male and female graves were found at the same site.

But Hawks and others say the news media misinterpreted the findings.

First, cavemen lived about 30,000 to 20,000 years ago. The remains found last week were from the Neolithic Age, about 5,000 years ago, Hawks told CNN.

LOL for anyone to take the whole "gay caveman" thing seriously is beyond me. For starters, the people calling it gay are the same people calling it a caveman, which it obviously isn't.

Secondly, and this is just a guess, but maybe the archeologists are feeding the tabloids a bunch of baloney. Maybe this "caveman" which remember, isn't a caveman at all, isn't even a MAN. Buried like a female, with traditional female burial artifacts....hmmm. If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck.......

The object is a cloak brooch.

While it is true that the burried guy mustn't necessarily have been gay at all(Perhaps it was just a coincidence that he was placed the way he were), the of me bolded part of your text is nonetheless directly wrong, and, must I unfortunately say, stupid, as it is a wellknown and confirmed archeological fact that many "transgender-graves" have indeed been found over the World, which is not very odd at all, as many, perhaps even most, Pre-Christian ancient cultures were actually quite accepting of both samesex-relations aswell as transgendered behaviour. A good example of some of those openly accepting cultures are the American Indians, that not only had many different names for gendervarianted individuals but also let those that in early age started to "behave like women"(Or males), or demanded to be treated as such, to grow up and live their lives in the very way they desired, while some of these cultures even considered such individuals to be almost holy, standing "between the Worlds" holding extra wisdom and being closer to the spiritual realms.

But as said, the American Indians were far from alone with their acceptance, and graves of such people have been found at many places over the World, such as in the following case, in Egypt;

A 1,700-year-old Egyptian mummy has been revealed as a boy dressed in girl's clothing thanks to these incredible hospital scans.
The child, who lived around 350AD, underwent scans as experts hoped to determine its sex and discover how it suffered a fatal brain haemorrhage.
The mummy, housed at Saffron Walden Museum in Essex, was shrouded in mystery after it was discovered in a private collection in 1878.
Studies last year discovered it was wrapped in clothing adorned in feminine symbols, wearing girl's breast cones and a female bracelet.
Ground-breaking CT scans carried out at Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge, have finally solved the mystery revealing the mummy is a boy dressed in girl's clothing.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Although this may seem shocking for some "modern" people, it was not for the ancient people.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
How big is it? (info prob on here but cant be bothered sifting through all the pages, as limited, slow internet at the mo)

But depending on size could be a tent peg?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

I understand what you are saying. But I was just trying to make a point that if it is called a "caveman", which it obviously isn't, then maybe they are wrong about the gender of the remains. Thats all.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by olliemc84

No worries, I understand how you meant.
I just wanted to point some things out as I know that many people of today are not aware of such graves.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye

looks like they probably put that needle like point in the ground or walls or something, then it looks like it could of moved (see the bottom left of the pic, where looks like coils or something), so maybe was a cutting tool... only thing i can think of is that that end looks like a kitchen knife

or deadlier, stab something.. then use the other end to chop of a piece of body, i don't know

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Wow, How did that Gay man get there. I wouldn't think that a man from Gay Michigan would be found all the way over there. One too many at the Gay bar and you never know where your going to wake up

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

This looks extremely sophisticated for something that was crafted 6000 years ago. However, the evidence of a previous culture's influence is littered all over the planet. Recorded history as we know it is largely contrived because the truth about our past is enough to literally undo the world as we know it.

So, saying that this metal device could very well be a remnant that is older even still.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join