It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Funny Things Your Kids (or others) Say. Let's Hear 'Em.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
My best friend is a pediatric physician's assistant. She has three daughters and a son.

On the way home from school, one of her daughters (age 6) asked how babies get out of the mommy's belly.

The eight year old replied, "Wait till we get home and I'll tell you, because its NOT through the belly button!"

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I used to love any movie that had dino-swords.

My nephew did actually ask him mum - "was the world black and white when you were wee?" (quite a common question among kids)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

What a nice thread OP ... Love the idea . How funny...Kids always say the cutest things.

Here is a recent : Two of my fam members were with my 3yr old great niece at Krogers. Little one wanted to ride the car cart at Krogers.... One fam member couldn't because of arm in cast but the aunt decided she would push her in it. Somewhere along their shopping route, the aunt was trying to turn down into another aisle , hitting the end cap and this made a loud bang causing people to look in response. My great niece yelled out to them, "Don't be looking at me- I'm not the one driving the darn thing!" She gets it honestly though lol...

ANother one that stuck with me is this: Was baby-sitting little boy who was just potty trained. He had to use restroom one day, and he was missing the toilet getting it on the rim. I was trying to instruct him to ''hit the commode'' but instead he understood to HIT the commode....All of a sudden he started hitting the commode with his little fist...... lol I should have been a little more clear and given better instruction, and used ''aim''... but ahhh live and learn lol That, sorry, wasn't necessarily something said ... but along same lines...

Another one was : Work Christmas party ... Big boss and group were in kitchen .. everyone in different rooms of the house. My son goes running through and boss sees and asks him where did he come from. My smart son told him " From my Mama's belly" ...
lol I was kind of embarassed ... but then again NOT! lol

Anyway..
This thread brings the much needed joy back into our hearts... thank you for this.
We all need a break from the serious at times... and if this THREAD does not bring a smile to your face, I do not know what will.

Snf!
edit on 10-5-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

LOL, at 3 year olds.

My grandson also 3 , burst into the bathroom a couple of weeks ago when I was getting up off the toilet. He stared me up and down and said slowly and ever so gently "you have a flower"

um, yes,

"my mum has a flower"

yes, because she's a girl and I'm a girl and boys don't have flowers

"yes" he says still staring, and still slowly - "did you buy your flower at the shop?"

um, yes

you can see his mind working and then he asks

"did you go to the shop yourself to get your flower or did grandad go to the shop with you?"
edit on 10-5-2012 by wigit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

LOL

I am always amazed at the clues they pick up.

Mine has that fantastic memory where he can remember something I said to him when he was 3. the other day he asked me if I remembered something I told him when he was 3. I said no.

He goes yea, kids have much better memories then adults. LOL!

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

LOL!

You know, a flower is actually a really nice name to call it, I will have to remember that.

My mum is um..., well endowed. Apparently I asked her when I was three: does the milk shake around when you walk?

She was in stitches for 20 minutes.
edit on 10-5-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
My son, the enforcer, is a backseat driver and keeps asking me if I am going over the speed lemon.

The little star wars fan, keeps calling it a light saver. He even got mad a classmate at school for being wrong and calling it a light saber. He doesn't know what he is talking about, my son insists.

when he was 4, I was watching a show where they showed EMS trying to save a woman who fell down a very large sinkhole and was knocked unconcious. I had to keep insisting to my poor concerned kid that was she unconcious, not dead. He pauses and thinks a moment and asks: is she going to be a stompy? I said what? he goes a stompy! I asked, what is a stompy?
He goes, their eyes get all big, they stick their arms out like this (he puts his arms out straight in front of him) and they walk around making these weird noises!

I said OH! A zombie! He said yea! a stompy!

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
I used to love any movie that had dino-swords.

My nephew did actually ask him mum - "was the world black and white when you were wee?" (quite a common question among kids)

One from my own file, I actually asked my grandmother, who was in her 70s back in the early 80s if they had electricity back in their cave, and if grandad built a door to keep the dinosaurs out...

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

A stompy! That is pure gold

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Thanks. I did need this actually, it was a terrible day yesterday. Wasn't expecting so many replies, but cheers. It has brightened my day and mood. Thanks to all who have posted

Another for my daughter's file. Recently she has found her singing voice, and quite often after my kids have gone to bed, I check on them to make sure they're ok, etc. Usually my youngest sings herself to sleep.
Her cat is quite the idiot, and of course he has been named everything from "stupid head" to "spedcat", something my kids have adopted as his name.

The other night I could hear my daughter singing, so I quietly put my head around the corner to hear what she was singing. There was the cat, sitting right by her head, meanwhile, she's singing away;
"You're a stupid cat, with a stupid brain," over and over, ad libbing rhymes and versus inbetween....

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Funniest thing my seven year old said was (we'd lost our 'buddy Jesus' ornament from the film Dogma)...

'I've found Jesus, he's under the sofa'!

Just like the old joke. She had no idea why we were laughing.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
My boys were well read but living out in the bush they didnt get to practice their words much.....
One day i over hear him say to somebody asking if he had been hassling a schoolmate.....
No, i dont pick on her, but she is a chronical liar......
i near busted a gut.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

That's just hilarious! Kids are so innocently amusing at times lol.
What a bundle of joy all wrapped up - full of surprises.
Uh oh, whenever I think or see a flower my thoughts will be tainted lol That was too cute.

Yeah , she's 3 yrs of age ...and already! quipping... but still- too funny . I can only imagine her older...Look out!.

This IS such a pleasant thread for a change.
Again, thanks OP

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

lol at her singing. Hey, word of advice, RECORD her voice now , maybe you can get her to sing into the microphone.......you will always have this keepsake.....her little special voice.

I have a recording of my son when he was around that age ...now a grown man deep singing voice... but this recording of his singing hymns , pop songs, rapping, lol you name it -he was singing it... Anyway, this tape is soO special to me. When you go so many years, you tend to forget how their little voices sounded like , this is why I wish to suggest this idea to you guys. You will not be sorry. Of course videoing them is great too! Again for the memories...

Am sure you'd treasure it all. I'm so happy to have done this and vids. Anyway, Just a suggestion for all of you to VID and record your children and voices. IF you don't do this already. They do tend to grow up way too fast . lol

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

I do quite often. Music and singing is a big deal in our family, so there are many videos. I was surprised because the musical talent usually skips a generation in our family, but I have it and so does my daughter.

I try to take as many pics and videos as possible of them both, it's fun to go back over different points in life and see these things, and remember where they were.

My favourite is a video taken at the V8 Supercars a few years ago. You can actually hear both my kids shouting over the noise of a dozen race cars. Couldn't understand a word they were saying, but gotta give them points for trying...

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Good for you.
Keep our memories more alive this way ,eh!

I just remembered another one. My sis and I had our 4 yr niece with us, this niece is (the aunt to 3 yr old) the one who pushed the car cart in Krogers). Anyway, we were in the car waiting in line to see a movie at the drive-in theatre. Niece was in the back seat of car with her little alphabet coloring book, saying words for ea letter. When she got to F , she was having a hard time coming up with a word. Sis was helping her with the phonics of it, then niece came up with the F word lol... I was so shocked and had to turn head cover mouth/hide my bursting out loud laughing. Sis , takes control of situation .. umm like that's not really a good word, etc. then asked if she knew what word meant. Niece says, ''uh huh'' .. sis asks what she knew. Niece said it was when a naked man and woman sleeping in bed on top ea other. Sis says, oh so your mom and dad do that? Niece then said, " Lord NO! Do you think they'd do something like that and then go to church on Sun?" That's when I literally lost it ... We still lol...and this was well over 30 years ago.
edit on 11-5-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
When my daughter was 2 she went with her gran to explore her garden one day (real flowers, lol).

When gran brought her back she says- "I've been all round that place testing all my slabs and stepping stones for any that's wobbly and dangerous, and can't find any" When I asked why she was doing that she said it's because my daughter wouldn't stop talking about the "jiggly-tile".

We found out a few weeks later the "jiggly-tile" was a plastic crocodile she kept near her pond.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
My first year of teaching first grade. My students were playing a game and one boy got very upset over something or other, I don't really remember. What I do remember was his response:

"Jesus is going to come down from heaven and KILL you!"

That same year, we were discussing Egyptian pyramids. I used the word "boobytrap."

Took the principal and thirty minutes to restore order.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
We turned onto a street that had a "No Outlet" sign...and my daughter (11 at the time) asked me how people plugged their stuff in...if there were no outlets!

I am an electrician...so she understood outlets just fine...but a street with no outlets!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv
We turned onto a street that had a "No Outlet" sign...and my daughter (11 at the time) asked me how people plugged their stuff in...if there were no outlets!

I am an electrician...so she understood outlets just fine...but a street with no outlets!

Hilarious! ... that one was great. And you reminded me of one on me.
Dad and I were in car . He was in driver's seat allowing me to attempt steering. He kept telling me to "keep it between the lines". I felt foolish after learning he was not meaning the power lines .lol.. Not sure how old I was but I was quite young. To me, the lines on the road were the road as far as I was concerned there was no difference... lol so I was looking upwards ..to the power and telephone lines. Anyway, that is one on me. Just goes to show how our little minds work... but lol at myself!

Am starring away here.... Enjoying reading ALL

edit on 11-5-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join