It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Double Talk on Trinity is the root of their being Dead in Christ

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
John seems to be setting the record straight, that the logos is God.

That is correct, and Jesus thought the same.

The Word creates the concepts of god in man's mind, it is the spirit, and just like the Creation Painting illustrates.

Most people that very even heard of the Word do just fine, and for those that did hear, the whole exercise is of fragile human fear and ignorance in design.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

reply to post by AManYouALL

. . . and the word was with God...

You left the most important part out, where it says the word was God.
In the original, it is not, word, but, Logos. So there was a lot of different ideas of what the logos meant, by the Greek people, and anyone who used that language. John seems to be setting the record straight, that the logos is God.

If one cannot grasp the milk, why discuss the meat?

You are correct of course.

Edit: Actually, it is in that post. It was equally disregarded.
edit on 14-5-2012 by AManYouALL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

I am suspicious then of monotheism.

It was a political tool used in Old Testament times to create a majority within Canaan, so those with that one god could overpower the other tribes. It explains it in the book, Early Israelites. The Israelites made up between a quarter and a third of the population, but united, they outnumbered any other single tribe.
Monotheism is being used in the same way today to trick Christians into believing they believe in the same god as the Jews, so they will join their tribe to defeat the Palestinians and the Syrians, and whatever other tribes there are in the area, because combined with the US, they outnumber each of them.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

That's most of his threads for you. I've been saying for a while they sound like Dan Brown novels.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOpus

he almost got himself killed. There never was Jesus, the god, and never will be. Jesus moved far away and the story took up in Southern France, and he had some offspring.

If you have offered some evidence of this, I'm afraid I missed it. I did read this book when it first came out. I can't remember offhand how convincing it seemed at the time.

Holy Blood, Holy Grail, 1982
In The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail, the authors put forward a hypothesis, that the historical Jesus married Mary Magdalene, had one or more children, and that those children or their descendants emigrated to what is now southern France. Once there, they intermarried with the noble families that would eventually become the Merovingian dynasty, whose special claim to the throne of France is championed today by a secret society called the Priory of Sion. They concluded that the legendary Holy Grail is simultaneously the womb of saint Mary Magdalene and the sacred royal bloodline she gave birth to.[7]

Moses was a Prophet, but he played too many games on trying to impress the illiterates to gain followers. They walked off and left him behind in the end. They were not at all impressed with the Midian zone.

My current thought on Moses, is that he is a mythological character cooked up some time during the later pre-exile times to make a framework for where the heck these newly being introduced laws came from.

Since the Trinity types have three gods in one, polytheism is their game. Only place to find that is Nimrod's Babylon mess, which is Satan's class. The original was Spirit, blood, water only, Jesus was a man the bled.

And I just wrote a new Greek based myth which has nothing to do with Babylon or Nimrod. The only Satan like character in my myth would be wisdom-less Zeus claiming to be the only god.

What does it matter really if Christians call Jesus God. The thing I dread in Trinity teaching is that Yahweh is included. That, and the idea that Jesus is the lackey to bring the World into subjection to the Torah.

The only way Jesus returns is via the pious memory of the few, just as Revelations predicts. Most of the masses are dead in Christ won't find heaven on Earth. The others get to become the residents of Hell with nuclear fires. They will be quickly forgotten for their illitaracy that killed them for bogus beliefs

I don't know how Revelation spurs pious memory. How exactly are people supposed to piously remember Jesus except through what they have given to them in the New Testament? I would agree with The Bread and Cup of the New Covenant, which is effective with or without a resurrection doctrine.

We are not in any hurry, those that know the truths, and we'll watch the destruction of the illiterates. And we'll have no sorrows for those lost, because it was explained correctly.

And do you think that you have explained anything correctly? Please keep trying. I have a fondness for the "illiterates" and do feel sorrow.

edit on 14-5-2012 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Monotheism is being used in the same way today to trick Christians into believing they believe in the same god as the Jews, so they will join their tribe to defeat the Palestinians and the Syrians, and whatever other tribes there are in the area, because combined with the US, they outnumber each of them.

At the upper level of religion where wealth meets Royalist's greed, the objective is world war and killing off 2/3 of the population. Wealth feeds on wars and death, and uses religion difference to get their traction with the masses.

The last great war is simmering. Mostly Christian against Islam.

Wars are easy to ferment, and peace the most elusive due to massive ignorance. god based in keeping the ignorance depends on human sacrifice.

Religion and Royalist Wealth have their aim on massive wars, not peace. It depends on one simple difference of mistrust because one side can't keep to the truth.

Nuclear wars will happen, and in the Middle East, in Europe, and the US. At this point, there is no way to prevent a nuclear war with billions affected. Mostly all over religion difference and extreme ignorance used to gain immense wealth and power.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Those of you talking about Zeus need to be sure to explain just how that fits into the Bible Texture for Trinity and Jesus.

If there is no connection to Jesus, Trinity, and the Bible-----then it appears well off the topic.

Last time I looked --- the Bible story never got into Zeus. Trinity does not involve Zeus. Christ was not Zeus.

You might need to start a Zeus thread, since that appears well out of the ball park and into the next state.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

My current thought on Moses, is that he is a mythological character cooked up some time during the later pre-exile times to make a framework for where the heck these newly being introduced laws came from.

Moses represents the Levites, where Aaron represents the Kohen, or Aaronites, where the Levites were affiliated with the southern tribes, the Sons of Jacob, while the Aaronites were affiliated with the norther tribes, the Sons of Israel.
The OT makes them out to be brothers in order to bring them together under a unified kingdom. This is according to the book, Early Israelites. The author sort of hints at the end that there may be a sequel that takes over from after Joshua and Judges.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Those of you talking about Zeus need to be sure to explain just how that fits into the Bible Texture for Trinity and Jesus.
He (Pthena) is (seems like) comparing Zeus with YHWH.
People have written Him up as being more than He was, which is a regional god over the hills of southern Canaan.
YHWH loses its real significance once you try to make it a universal god.
edit on 15-5-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

He (Pthena) is (seems like) comparing Zeus with YHWH.
People have written Him up as being more than He was, which is a regional god over the hills of southern Canaan.
YHWH loses its real significance once you try to make it a universal god.

Pthena is a name that is close to Athena, and it appears everything has to get back to Greek gods for him, as Athena is linked with Zeus. Zeus just isn't on topic for biblical themes of the times for Jesus

I don't see much comparision of Zeus with Yahwah, if there is then lets get to the point with how that links to the theme of Trinity and Jesus and those that don't understand the NT writing and uses of metaphor.

Even if one got into Zeus=Jesus game, it points right to pagan issues again. Zeus has a Trinity connection and one close enough to Nimrod. Both are Pagan and So it Tritarians.

thriceholy.net...

edit on 15-5-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Pagan Trinities are many

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

reply to post by pthena

It was a political tool used in Old Testament times to create a majority within Canaan, so those with that one god could overpower the other tribes. It explains it in the book, Early Israelites. The Israelites made up between a quarter and a third of the population, but united, they outnumbered any other single tribe.

YaHuoWaH is your god. He is the creator of heaven and Earth.

Actually, the monotheism is just the opposite of what you're saying. I believe that when the Israelites settled into Canaan, they were monolaratous. They brought with them all their practices of worship for the 1 god, YHWH. A very slight almost unnoticible shift to monotheism occurred very soon after. Then as you know the narrative goes, the Israelites were disobedient and forgetful, incurring more and more of Yahuowah's wrath.. Consistent military pressure and bad leadership dealt irreprehensible damage to the Isrealites, eventually causing them to be expelled from the land God allotted to them; in captivity certain elements of their "masters" house were adopted into the worship of the 1 god, and this composes what archaeologists currently acknowledge as the YHWH cult worship.
edit on 15-5-2012 by CaptainNemo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

reply to post by pthena

edit on 15-5-2012 by CaptainNemo because: double post

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

Scriptural evidence points to there being a simultaneous recognition of El and YHWH.
You see more use of YHWH in the Later Prophets, but I don't see where that comes from Babylon, but probably more a result of the loss of the northern kingdom where they would have used El more than the southern kingdom.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Isn't it amazing that after all the side trips to Zeus and getting way off the theme, the story still points to any Trinity theme is pagan make believe.

The only one that has Bible inclusion is Nimrod's mention, and the Jesus one was all about forgery and never existed.

Now, it remains that the Trinity types all tell the world their bogus lie, with arrogance, and even in each and every other occurance of the Trinity theme it is also proven to be bogus nonsense of pagan make believe.

Those that push the Trinity theme become Satan's class, just as Jesus and company called Babylon's gods as whores and Satan.

Thus, the bible story is allowed to be corrupted and the followers are corrupt. The world doesn't need another huge group that tell big lies, nor those that propose false gods.

The Organized Church is less than worthless these days due to the false beliefs.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

The only one that has Bible inclusion is Nimrod's mention, and the Jesus one was all about forgery and never existed.
Not, for the Nimrod example, since it does not mention a trinity being the problem with him.
The Jesus story is more about a god being just like us, than anything about what would be the inverse, so of course there would not be expected an emphasis on his divinity in the Bible.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Not, for the Nimrod example, since it does not mention a trinity being the problem with him.
The Jesus story is more about a god being just like us, than anything about what would be the inverse, so of course there would not be expected an emphasis on his divinity in the Bible.

You have to be the classic example for Double-Talk.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

reply to post by CaptainNemo

Scriptural evidence points to there being a simultaneous recognition of El and YHWH.
You see more use of YHWH in the Later Prophets, but I don't see where that comes from Babylon, but probably more a result of the loss of the northern kingdom where they would have used El more than the southern kingdom.

No, scripture outlines the events that I previously posted. New archaeological evidence at Khirbet Qeiyafa dating back to 1100 B.C supports the Bibles account of 1 God worship and the dates are continuing to get pushed back. Actually, the curiosity lies within the Bible's words itself. It was written with enormous 'El' influence. Perhaps the only developed cultural megacenter this transmission could've occurred was, of course Ras Shamra! There are inscriptions in tombs, artifacts found in Israel and Ras Shamra, literary and linguistic evidence to support the transmission of El mythology occurred there. Interestingly, the deportation routes of the Jewish diaspora follow along Ras Shamra and the mediterannean. Let me see this again, Ras Shamra was the only place in Canaan capable of easily swapping cultural ideas and influences. Scribes were learned in 4 languages including Sumerian, Akkadian, Egyptian and maybe Hebrew (My theory).

C) Jewels identical with those of Ugarit were worn by the ladies in Jerusalem 600 or 700 years after the destruction of Ugarit by conventional dating. [900] Jewels of gold are mentioned in the texts of Ras Shamra/Ugarit and were found there by excavators. The texts mention several kinds of gold pendants:

The poetic style and meter Texts of Ras Shamra/Ugarit have in common with Hebrew writing, especially that of Isaiah, rhythm and poetic forms which are developed in the `Song of Songs of Solomon'. The total number of syllabes in lines and larger units - both the stressed and the unstressed syllabes - form often metrical patterns in Hebrew poetry.

Many authors have written about "deceptive features in the Bible" insinuating that much of the Old Testament content had been borrowed from Canaanite sources. Next they cite the Sons of the god El rejoicing at the death of Baal at the hand of Mot; they then refer to texts found in Jeremiah 5:9, 21, 29 to show that these were influenced by Canaanite thought. But we are showing that the heydays of the city of Ugarit do not belong into the 15th-13th centuries BC but some 500-700 years later. It was not the mythical Sea Peoples who destroyed this city and caused the inhabitants and their ruler `Nikmed' (Nikomedes of Ionian Greek history) to flee by the sea but Shalmaeser III, King of Assyria, in 854 BC. [1500]

www.specialtyinterests.net...

Due to incomplete chronology, I would hold off on being to assumptive. Trust in the way your Bible tells the story, it continues to be proven true.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Is this the pinnacle of your research? Some dead guys crappy thesis? How many times does somebody tell you that the Babylon trinity doesn't exist or confront you with a plethora of evidence for the trinity pre this "forgery". What you're arguing is pointless, honestly.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo

Is this the pinnacle of your research? Some dead guys crappy thesis? How many times does somebody tell you that the Babylon trinity doesn't exist or confront you with a plethora of evidence for the trinity pre this "forgery". What you're arguing is pointless, honestly.

You can huff and puff till the sun don't shine and I won't pay any attention to your idea the Babylon Trinity doesn't exist.

The god making Trinity that existed before the Forgery games on Jesus were the Nimrod/Tammuz/Semiramis game and many others before that one.

Jesus was not god, there was no god making Trinity for Jesus. Jesus, the Man, was just plain old human.

Guess that means I sure don't pay you any mind, as you don't even appear well read. Can't even appear to speak too well either.

So, Pardon us if I ignore your nonsense.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by HeFrippedMeOff

You're missing the point entirely...

Many Many more than those 3 have taught peace but only 1, only 1, did it without physical sword from the very beginning and only 1 Christ is risen from the dead showing that he has been given power over life and death.

For me, Faith is the point, not lip service.

Organized religion is the only thing that seperates the lessons of all of them...

The lesson is faith. Faith in God, love for our Father, and acceptance of his grace by faith because we have been convinced of sin by the law.

What Jesus teaches is not the same self-serving love taught by the others.

IF Jesus is the word made flesh as you say... what of the rest of the bible?

I say Jesus is the Word made flesh and has been with the Father from the beginning and to understand any of it we need ask the Father for understanding as we seek Him out.

Is that Gods word as well? All murders, rapes and attrocities included?

Perhaps we should not confuse divine edict with the "attrocities" and "rapes" of the human heart committed by men apart from the expressed will of our Father. In other words when God commands in the OT the Hebrew people to destroy another people, you say murder and I say righteous judgment......as would be explained by the history of that peoples relationship with/against the Father. You say divine edict to rape and I say never such a thing was commanded by our Father.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join