It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Double Talk on Trinity is the root of their being Dead in Christ

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by NOTurTypical

And F.Y.I, when Jesus was saying that He was teaching about divorce, not abortion.

Im not saying Jesus was referring to abortion.
The fact is that Jesus himself was referring to a verse from Genesis.

Come on, take off the dancing shoes... when Jesus spoke of a man and woman becoming "one flesh" the context was divorce of the marriaged couple. (Abortion being a metaphor for severing a child) so your reply doean't pass the smell test. Jesus was talking about divorce of the couple.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOpus
Read the topic and tell me how this current subject drift applies to it.

"Trinity", unity in plurality. Look at the thread title.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Ummm, go to Mark chapter 10. That's where the rest of the class is at currently.

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

He was talking about husband and wife being "one flesh". (Unity in plurality)

Husband and wife being one flesh you say? Very well.
If a righteous man marries a sinful woman.... then are you saying they are "one flesh".

If so,
according to you, does the righteous man share in the sinful womans punishment?
Or does the sinful woman share in the righteous mans reward?

Mark 10... argue with what Jesus said... He is Lord. Married folks are not literally the same flesh and bones, yet they are the same (one) is wills, purpose, function, and goals. They become one. So there is a such thing as unity in plurality. Same with the Godhead, we call God "Him" not "Them".

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

sorry, didn't mean to derail your thread.

Don't fret, we can talk about the Trinity in this thread.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

sorry, didn't mean to derail your thread.

Don't fret, we can talk about the Trinity in this thread.

Only if it is linked with the Jesus theme. Just talking of a man and woman and one in the flesh isn't on subject.

Which means you have to sort out what is the Daddy, aka Father. Is Daddy the god of Abraham, the Yahweh/Enlil theme. Is Jesus Daddy more the Enki theme for the creator god of humans, which didn't get along with Enlil.

Since there is an earlier Trinity, the Anu, Enlil, and Enki, how did that affect the defintions for god in Jesus time?

Nimrod protested the Abraham god, Enlil, with his Ziggarat that trumped the old City of Ur's Ziggarat from Abraham's time and that of Enlil as Yahweh.

Did Jesus do some of the same with dumping Yahweh/Enlil, to replace that god with Enki, the father/daddy concept.

Yet, if Jesus did intend that with the term Daddy, can Daddy really be considered god in the fuller sense of today?

Talking just this run around of man, woman, and child in the general sense needs to be made specific in the theme's sense to remain on topic.

edit on 16-6-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Missing the mark

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOpus

What makes you think that people are going to stop being evil if you take religion out of the world? That's not going to keep men from being corrupt and your delusional if you think people are even capable of removing religion out of this world. Either way, it requires a complete reset button and destruction of this earth and all the people in it to change it into what you are saying. There's always going to be previous influence from those who have been exposed and who remain, so you will never be able to stop it without wiping the entire slate clean.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Ummm, go to Mark chapter 10. That's where the rest of the class is at currently.

Thank you.

Ah, good chapter. Where Yeshua says you cannot get divorced or you cause your spouse to commit adultery. By his definition the world is full of adulterers. That's gotta suck for modern day humanity. Today you're either an adulterer, a unmarried promiscuous fornicator, or a homosexual. Whoooeee, world filled full of sexual immorality around every corner. Yep, without Yeshua we're all damned

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Thank you.

haha...

The "class" is apparently to slow for me... im already at 12...

Hurry up would ya... Geez

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

reply to post by Akragon

Thank you.

haha...

Wow that flew over your head bro, basically I meant I've been talking about what Christ said in Mark chapter 10, NOT 12. I knew where you were lol.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

reply to post by Akragon

Thank you.

Ah, good chapter. Where Yeshua says you cannot get divorced or you cause your spouse to commit adultery. By his definition the world is full of adulterers. That's gotta suck for modern day humanity. Today you're either an adulterer, a unmarried promiscuous fornicator, or a homosexual. Whoooeee, world filled full of sexual immorality around every corner. Yep, without Yeshua we're all damned

True, but He said also "save for fornication". Which means infidelity frees a believer. Also is a believer is divorced and their spouse remarries they are free to remarry. Jesus wasn't giving an exhaustive rundown on divorce and remarriage.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

reply to post by Akragon

Thank you.

haha...

Wow that flew over your head bro, basically I meant I've been talking about what Christ said in Mark chapter 10, NOT 12. I knew where you were lol.

Not at all actually...

it just amused me because i was actually reading Mark 10, continued onto 11 and then into 12 just as you posted that...

You and Jesus are talking about the flesh, where as i was quoting him speaking of the spirit... and owning a few people that didn't quite "get it"

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Does Jesus say or not say that man and woman become "one flesh"? Is He talking about marriage or childbirth? Is the context marriage and divorce or not? Is there a concept of unity in plurality or not? When Christ says "one" can it refer to more than one physically??

edit on 16-6-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Yes, the Trinity concerns Jesus, He is the 2nd person of the Trinity.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Does Jesus say or not say that man and woman become "one flesh"?

yup...

Is He talking about marriage or childbirth?

Marriage of course...

But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.

7 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife;

8 And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh.

9 What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

But... I also believe marriage should be more then what it is these days... its nothing more then paper... a legal agreement.

What God joined together would constitute the idea of "soul mates"... and since i've been divorced, and have yet to find my "soul mate"... I don't personally believe in "religious marriage"...

Is yhere a concept of unity in plurality or not?

Absolutely...

When Christ says "one" can it refer to more than one physically??

Depends on the context...

edit on 16-6-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Yes, the Trinity concerns Jesus, He is the 2nd person of the Trinity.

Second PERSON would be correct, as he was not god.

Pleased to see you see Jesus, the man.

Congratulations, you have arrived at a simple truth.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Anger is just the fuel for their selfish pride.

The message, that is the importance.

edit on 16-6-2012 by DeathbecomesLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Come on, take off the dancing shoes... when Jesus spoke of a man and woman becoming "one flesh" the context was divorce of the marriaged couple.

You are ignoring the fact that Jesus was directly quoting from Genesis.

“But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’ ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife,and the two will become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two, but one flesh.
-Mark 10:6-8

Refer to Genesis 1:27 and 2:24

Jesus may have quoted it in the context of divorce... but the original statements in Genesis were NOT about divorce.. but rather the offspring of the parents.

Not saying that a couple are not "one"... but the meaning of the phrase "become one flesh" obviously includes their offspring as well.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Do explain why this subject of man, woman, and one in the flesh from Genesis applies to Trinity (the god concept) and the theme.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeathbecomesLife

Anger is just the fuel for their selfish pride.

The message, that is the importance.

Explain how these vidoes (one doesn't appear to work) apply to the subject of Trinity and being void in Jesus.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join