It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret Behind the Promise: A Libertarian Dictatorship

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
Yes. It's called a monopoly and the very thing Ron Paul is trying to promote will also promote a lot of new monopolies have you ever read Atlas Shrugged? Same thing happened to that society, it was as pure libertarian as you can get. We need a system of checks and balances. The FED is that check. The competition between companies under the FED is what balances it.
edit on 11-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

Riiiiight. Tell me the last time, or a time EVER, when the FED was audited?! LOL

Should I vote for Obama or Romney!? Are they going to magically make that happen?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4REVOLUTION
Well... people like myself and other "fanaticals" who actually care about the FREEDOM of our country (yes, we even care about you) will march, guns in hand, against the corrupt. A lot of us will die, but that's how it is. I'd rather die for my country and my future generations than to allow things to get any worse. Label me fanatic or whatever, but at least I actually stand for something and take action, unlike those who sit behind their computer screens being
keyboard warriors; reaping the benefits of the brave.

OK. I will sit here and watch you guys on the news then! Have fun with your non-existent revolution. Where are the people in the streets now?? Oh Right, they didn't want to use guns! Some movement OWS was, and that was all about communism anyway. What are you going to do? Try to be as popular as that was?

Did you see that the Tea Party was formed right after Ron Paul ended his campaign last time? What are you going to plan this time? The Tea Party 2?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

OK. I will sit here and watch you guys on the news then! Have fun with your non-existent revolution. Where are the people in the streets now?? Oh Right, they didn't want to use guns! Some movement OWS was, and that was all about communism anyway. What are you going to do? Try to be as popular as that was?

Did you see that the Tea Party was formed right after Ron Paul ended his campaign last time? What are you going to plan this time? The Tea Party 2?

Thanks for answering my questions. Guess I got ya stuck.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4REVOLUTION

Thanks for answering my questions. Guess I got ya stuck.

Nah, I was just considering what would happen without the Fed ya know. Nobody knows, and I don't think much good will come out of it. They should be held responsible for any crimes a future court could find them liable for though. I agree with that they should be under close watch by someone, but what someone? Another government agency? A corporation? Who watches the watchers?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Nah, I was just considering what would happen without the Fed ya know. Nobody knows, and I don't think much good will come out of it. They should be held responsible for any crimes a future court could find them liable for though. I agree with that they should be under close watch by someone, but what someone? Another government agency? A corporation? Who watches the watchers?

So are you for the FED, or are you against it?

Corruption is inevitable... It's sad but true. But that's why Thomas Jefferson said there needs to be a revolution every 75-100yrs; to clean the slate. A revolution WILL happen. Whether peaceful or full of violence, it will happen.

We will start over with a clean slate and continue on, establishing a system of checks and balances, and hopefully let people start thinking for themselves. I pray that people are able to start seeing what's really going on. If we can do that, we will be a lot better off, and for a much longer time period.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by LoonyConservative

Didn't you hear? The war on drugs ended, it failed. It's time for people to grow up and realise legalisation is on it's way and for the right reasons. Not so everybody can just get mashed everyday but to stop the vicious circle of crime that surrounds it.

Seriously, think it through. Prohabition doesn't work, the sooner people realise this the better. If prohabition was successful then great but it's not. Alcohol is legal all across the west and most of the east, is everyone a raging alcoholic? No. Myself excluded.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I am not for or against the FED and quite frankly could really care less about it. I don't know that much about economics since I didn't take very many classes of it in college, so why would it be better if people like me were in charge of manipulating the currency instead of the world's top economists/investors/wall street guys?

For all the complaining about those guys people do on here. I have yet to meet someone say well I guess they would do a better job at it, then doctors and garbage men!

Did it ever occur to you that the people in charge are in charge because they know what the hell they are doing?? Sure like you said there will always be corruption, so what's the point of hoping for things that will quite likely never happen?
edit on 12-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by LoonyConservative

Oh, you mentioned prostitution too. Yeah, do you realise how many young girls are forced into prostitution through illegal drugs? I'm sure you do, imagine if they didn't need to get their drugs from the slimy pimp in the street. Imagine if they wanted to take drugs and didn't have to deal with scum like that, oh, I'm sure that would be oh so bad.

People like drugs, fact. People will get drugs from wherever they can, fact. People like prostitutes, fact. People will find prostitutes if they want them, fact.

All this stuff being down shady dark alleys is the real problem, why is it so hard to comprehend?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
It's not very often I post something genius but I think my above post is. Applause please.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I am not for or against the FED and quite frankly could really care less about it. I don't know that much about economics since I didn't take very many classes of it in college, so why would it be better if people like me were in charge of manipulating the currency instead of the world's top economists/investors/wall street guys?

For all the complaining about those guys people do on here. I have yet to meet someone say well I guess they would do a better job at it, then doctors and garbage men!

Did it ever occur to you that the people in charge are in charge because they know what the hell they are doing?? Sure like you said there will always be corruption, so what's the point of hoping for things that will quite likely never happen?
edit on 12-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

So if you have no personal opinion, why debate it?

Anyway, I DO understand economics and the various theoretical systems involved. You don't need to goto college to understand it's a BAD idea to spend more than you make. Credit is still viable in my overall scheme, but the credit system needs overhauled and there should be serious repercussions for those that default. I'm sure someone will say, "well that means I can't buy a car/truck/house that costs 10x what I make a year." Well... so what!? It's called S-A-V-E! A LOT of people would not even have to overdraft their salary for the next 30yrs to buy these things if we were able to fix our systems. Hyper-inflation is REAL and it's created and PUSHED by the FED.

I just found this video, and it's SOOOO right, and disgustingly hilarious! This video will teach you more in 6mins than you'd learn in 4yrs of school.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarCry
Ron Paul is a politician...need I say more. Instead of people thinking that voting will actually make a difference in this system...this world of sickness and corruption, where popular vote no longer matters, and TPTB are appointed rather than elected, think revolution instead. Oh but that is just too...dangerous...wouldn't want to end up dead in defense of your liberties, and your children's future! Who was it that said "give me liberty or give me death."? Patrick Henry I believe. Great American...and a great human being. What does life mean without it...liberty...? I would rather die on my feet, than live on my knees!!!

To put aside all your anti- ATS posts here, all 5 of them out of 6 or 7 total posts here, I would say that you're a disinformationist at best after reading your opinion on Ron Paul. I also love how you quote someone who was a Liberty loving individual, just to sugar coat your agenda of spin.
~$heopleNation

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
For you to believe that Ron Paul's ideas are far too ratical to ever make a real splash, then you have already been my defeated my friend.

The beast has got you by the balls, right where they want you.

Nobody said it would be an easy overnight change to eradicate the evil Federal Reserve, completely restructure govemnent, and to rebudget this overly expensive inflated unneccasary list of debt that America has been scammed into.

But that's exactly why we have so much Respect for Ron Paul, because it's never been an easy battle.

He could easily make a comfortable living being a senator and all, but he truly believes in this country, and is fighting the good fight so mad props to whoever believes in him (and believes in liberty)...

You have two options. You can stand by the uncorruptable, constitutional champion Ron Paul who wants to flip this self destructive system on its head....

Or you can stand by Obama who didn't do # in 4 years but continue many of George Bush's policies.

There's also that Mitt Romney cat, I'm sure he knows exactly where you're coming from being a very wealthy big bussiness snob and all.

Ron Paul's trying to make a change, what do you stand for???????????????? Do you suppose we all just say screw it and continue to live in this greedy, slobby, slothish, shallow disgusting mess we live in.

Okay America go back to your dissapearing pensions/social security, ever rising taxes, failing healthcare, depressing/recession, 10 year false flag war, housing crisis....

This is what happens when you let the bankster gangsters control your country.

and Romeny/Obama are all buddy buddy with these evil malicious people.

Ron Paul. So crazy it might just work.....

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012

hmmm....The types of responses I am getting from this post sickens me. It shows how truly brainwashed Paul supporters are in their own little worlds. Why not debate with me if you don't agree with the topic. I see one debate going on right now, and most of the other posters just telling me and the others who actually want to think about this topic that I am wrong. Why are the most suspicious people on the internet not questioning Ron Paul's too good to be true empty promises. This I will never understand

The HUGE difference between Ron Paul and pretty much every other high up American politician is that he is talking about the reality of the FED and what it is. He is talking about realities no other politicians dare go by- and he's been talking about it for years.

Obama, Romney, Santorum, Mcain, all these kind of politicians just say the basic things that appeal to the seemingly brainwashed masses, they touch the surface of issues and use patriotism to win over the crowds- they're just playing a game and there is no substance to anything they say.

Here's Romney-

Listen to him, talking about the problems he puts on Obama, but he's just acting, smooth talking actor that is trying to appeal to the American people's patriotism. Listen to the crowd, brainwashed goons as far as I'm concerned. He's fake, that what his problem is!

Now here's Ron Paul-

He's talking about REAL issues, not talking about the American dreams like Romney, he's talking REAL issues and he means it, he is sincere!

I'll quote myself OP because you chose to ignore this video comparison between Romney and Ron Paul.

Romney is a smooth talking actor- he is rehearsed, he makes very general statements then pauses while the crowd cheers- he smiles and nods. Then he makes another empty comment with no meaning.

He is an actor, playing a part.

Ron Paul on the other hand is addressiing real issues, whilst Romney is just appealing to the masses as best he can with key words that might get him support- he talks of the 'American dream' and 'hope' etc, but he isn't saying what the real problems are. He's a standard, smooth talking, slick looking actor winning people over with his charm and charisma. Sadly people fall for it.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join