It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's Web censorship filters supreme leader's own statement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Just thought I'd add this here as it's pretty funny! Kind of like instant karma too.

According to Radio Free Europe (RFE), last week Khamenei issued a “fatwa,” or religious edict, confirming that anti-filtering tools and software are illegal in Iran. The decree came in response to a question by Mehr News (Google Translate), a semi-official news agency, which had asked for clarification on the ruling due to the fact that, as journalists, employees sometimes need to access blocked websites and other non-authorized information.

Khamenei, according to a translation by RFE, replied: "In general, the use of antifiltering software is subject to the laws and regulations of the Islamic republic, and it is not permissible to violate the law."

However, his own use of the word “antifiltering” apparently triggered Iran’s own filtering system, making Khamenei’s words inaccessible to most Iranians.

Iran's Web censorship filters supreme leader's own statement

Maybe he should spend more time lurking and learning before trying it again!

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
there's filtering on google too.

start posting rants on "killing the president" and i'm pretty sure secret service agents will knocking on your door.

whether or not someone reported you.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by robhines

Maybe he should spend more time lurking and learning before trying it again!

Or maybe he should just kill himself. That would be a lot better. And they should exile his son, would be swell as hell.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
there's filtering on google too.

start posting rants on "killing the president" and i'm pretty sure secret service agents will knocking on your door.

whether or not someone reported you.

I think you failed to understand. The filter blocks the information from being accessed. I can post a death threat to the president and every US citizen can see it. If I do something illegal, yes, I will have Law Enforcement on my door. The point is the ability to access information.

new topics

top topics

join