It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima?: Hundreds Of Flight Attendants Fall Ill With Hair Falling Out

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Surely thee would be at least one doctor in Alaska willing to do a blood test on these people to test for radiation sickness. Until then it is just mere speculation.

I am sure there is a doctor that would do it if he/she is willing to lose his or her life over it.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

Saddness every direction I wonder if they are crab fishing up there still, smh.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

That report clearly says its due to the material in the uniforms..... nothing at all about 'fukishima'... talk about a headline to get you paranoid!!!

I have a different explanation: What if its a test of a terrorist attack?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
My hair has been thinning out since it happened, and i live in canada, my doctors dont know what it is, only they think it mightbe related to stress, i must be stressed for years at a time then

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
My hair has been thinning out since it happened, and i live in canada, my doctors dont know what it is, only they think it mightbe related to stress, i must be stressed for years at a time then

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Fukushima, and the TSA scanners comes to mind. I wonder if it is only being reported now, but happening for some time or if its now that its reaching critical point?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by BiggerPicture

Well.....Yes. It is the straw.

I still have all the radiation maps from the Zardoz site that shows how the radiation clouds travelled in the first few months. Now that pollution hasn't stopped so one must concede that the radiation clouds have still been following the same pattern as the initial incident.

I warned people then. I will continue to do so. I, myself, am trying to watch out for imported products from those regions but must admit that I, too, have not been as vigilant as I wanted to be.

I was talking about this the other day. Radiation was reaching California from about March 16th, 2011 If my memory serves. My understanding is that the radiation never stopped. Only the reporting of it stopped. Also can you even view that data anymore? I don't know where to look. I remember seeing it in late March had reached the NC Mountains, and I made people I knew stay inside every time it rained, but I have since then not paid any attention to it.

About the 1000's of Nuclear Bomb blasts:

That's not as much radiation. Fukushima is worse than all of those combined. You guys do realize that just because they detonated a "500 kiloton H bomb" (lets say) that it is NOT 500 kilitons of material... that's just the power of it. There are Tons and Tons of this stuff at Fukushima. Beyond the size difference Melt Down releases much more radiation, than a one time fission, or more recently less radioactive fission/fusion combo...

I'm Sooo Hoping this isn't the cause. If it is, well, so much for life.

The key point that the article in the OP has very carefully dodged is that the 'hundreds of airline attendants' are all from the same airline carrier. Unless that carrier is Fukushima Airlines, I fail to see how Fukushima could be related to this.

Ahh OK. I take back what I said.

They should probably NOT make toxic uniforms, is that really soo hard??

edit on 5/10/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

Would help if you actually posted a working link...

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ilyich
You aren't immune to radiation. Three of my family members in Aussieland have gotten cancer, Three at the same #ing time, they were perfectly healthy a year or two ago. My between my aunts mamogram before the accident, to this year, she has stage 3 inflammatory breast cancer in both breasts, her lymph nodes, spine and lungs, two other family members have wide spread cancer that pretty much developed to " I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, you may want to have a seat sir. " It's affecting the whole world, and if you happen to live near the sea, you aren't any better off than those of us up north sheila!!

seems to me you can afford an unlimited amount of beer but none of you lot can afford a Geiger counter.

what is wrong with you people?

is it beyond you to scan your environment and the all the food your stuffing yourself with?

are all so witless that it is beyond you?

i mean you can learn to buy and use an expensive iphones,an ipads,and ipods but none of you lot can afford a Geiger counter?

are you all expecting a government official to come and do it for you.

well keep waiting until your all dead from the free chemotherapy your all are getting it.

it is beyond your wit?

you can even get photographic film which measures total radiation received.

it is not that expensive.

so just just keep doing what your doing.

keep posting on message boards your are getting cancer and slurp up the sympathy of strangers...

fat lot of good it is going to do you.

worms are waiting for you.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

reply to post by dreamfox1

*Lays back on his lounge chair in South Australia and watches the NWO's plan unfold perfectly*

Southern Hemisphere people.

S.O.U.T.H.E.R.N. H.E.M.I.S.P.H.E.R.E

My face when i'm sitting here on my lounge in South Australia thinking the EXACT same thing...

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by nobodysavedme

Originally posted by Ilyich
You aren't immune to radiation. Three of my family members in Aussieland have gotten cancer, Three at the same #ing time, they were perfectly healthy a year or two ago. My between my aunts mamogram before the accident, to this year, she has stage 3 inflammatory breast cancer in both breasts, her lymph nodes, spine and lungs, two other family members have wide spread cancer that pretty much developed to " I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, you may want to have a seat sir. " It's affecting the whole world, and if you happen to live near the sea, you aren't any better off than those of us up north sheila!!

seems to me you can afford an unlimited amount of beer but none of you lot can afford a Geiger counter.

what is wrong with you people?

is it beyond you to scan your environment and the all the food your stuffing yourself with?

are all so witless that it is beyond you?

i mean you can learn to buy and use an expensive iphones,an ipads,and ipods but none of you lot can afford a Geiger counter?

are you all expecting a government official to come and do it for you.

well keep waiting until your all dead from the free chemotherapy your all are getting it.

it is beyond your wit?

you can even get photographic film which measures total radiation received.

it is not that expensive.

so just just keep doing what your doing.

keep posting on message boards your are getting cancer and slurp up the sympathy of strangers...

fat lot of good it is going to do you.

worms are waiting for you.

You are correct. I can afford an unlimited amount of beer, ipads, ipods and sushi. I would rather continue to enjoy life than end up living in a cave with you geiger counter geeks. What's wrong with you people? Are you witless?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Here's the link for those who don't know how to get to the resource.

www. blog (dot) alexanderhiggins (dot) com/2012/05/09/hundreds-flight-attendants-fall-ill-hair-falling-131171/
edit on 10-5-2012 by b3l13v3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-5-2012 by b3l13v3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Forget the BS blog link, here is the REAL article:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Please note there is zero reference to radiation poisoning, Japan, etc. Here are some blurbs from the article:

Hundreds of Alaska Airlines flight attendants say their new uniforms are making them ill.

Note that they recently started wearing new uniforms, and that's when some of them (10%) started getting sick.

The attendants have complained that the outfits, which may be contaminated with a toxic chemical, have caused itching, hair loss and other unpleasant reactions.

They've identified the uniforms as the cause.

It is thought that the smart navy blue suits, made by TwinHill, may be contaminated with the chemical tributyl phosphate, a toxic substance used in synthetic textile manufacturing.

Sounds like a plausible explanation.

The OP tried linking to a blog, but remember, blogs are nothing more than personal opinion. The blogger took the info out of the above article and went off on a wild tangent trying to tie this to radiation poisoning. There is increased radiation in the US and probably Alaska from Fukushima, but not nearly enough to cause physical side effects like those described in the article.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Thanks for finding the original article.. blessings

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Polar bears in Alaska have been seen with missing patches of fur, and reports say it may be due to a "mystery illness" related to the nuclear accident at the Fukushima power plant in Japan. Nine out of 33 bears studied were found to have alopecia -- loss of fur -- and skin lesions, Sky News reported. "There's a lot we don't know yet, whether we're dealing with something that's different or something that's the same," said Tony DeGange, chief biologist for the US Geological Survey (USGS) Science Centre in Alaska. A similar illness has killed around 60 ringed seals in the region. Unlike the seals, the polar bears otherwise seem healthy and there have been no deaths, he said. Ten of 48 bears checked in 1999 had a similar condition. "We took biopsies in 1999 and couldn't establish a causative agent for the hair loss then. But now we have this unexplained mortality event going on with seals. And they haven't been successful in figuring out what caused the seal deaths," he said. The USGS has been sending polar bear research teams to the area since 1984. They track, sedate and examine the bears to help determine their health and habits. The theory of the Fukushima effect, however, has not been proved, the report said.
Updated: Wednesday, 11 April, 2012 at 07:30 UTC
link: hisz.rsoe.hu...

Biohazard name: Unidentified illness (polar bears)
Biohazard level: 4/4 Hazardous
Biohazard desc.: Viruses and bacteria that cause severe to fatal disease in humans, and for which vaccines or other treatments are not available, such as Bolivian and Argentine hemorrhagic fevers, H5N1(bird flu), Dengue hemorrhagic fever, Marburg virus, Ebola virus, hantaviruses, Lassa fever, Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever, and other hemorrhagic or unidentified diseases. When dealing with biological hazards at this level the use of a Hazmat suit and a self-contained oxygen supply is mandatory. The entrance and exit of a Level Four biolab will contain multiple showers, a vacuum room, an ultraviolet light room, autonomous detection system, and other safety precautions designed to destroy all traces of the biohazard. Multiple airlocks are employed and are electronically secured to prevent both doors opening at the same time. All air and water service going to and coming from a Biosafety Level 4 (P4) lab will undergo similar decontamination procedures to eliminate the possibility of an accidental release.
Symptoms:

Their is speculation that radiation may be playing a part in whats happening to the Polar Bears, makes sense it will affect humans as well
coco
link: hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

I have some question(s)... how does a shirt and pants suit make the hair on your head fall out? Do they wear hats from the same company? Some one here says that pilots aren't affected... I didn't read anything about pilots. Where else are these uniforms used in the industry? What routes do the attendants affected predominantly fly. Over Japan??? Alaska Airlines regular flight corridors cross back and forth that whole region up in the stratosphere where any ongoing radioactive contaminates would be most concentrated.

Got that? Ongoing emissions. Like someone else said just because its not reported in the media doesn't mean the problem has gone away. These power plants are melted down, have been emitting and still are emitting to this day.

Those very contaminants are sucked up by the engines and "filtered" into the planes air supply to be rebreathed by everyone on board. All exposure to any radionuclides are accumulative so would begin to show over time if repeatedly exposed. Like say flight attendants? Where is that video of the rad flight just up on here the other day? Oh and hair falling out is a sure symptom of lemme see... what other diseases?

Edit: Good find OP. Just another little clue for us to discern during the unfolding disaster of nuclear power.
edit on 10-5-2012 by intrptr because: additional...

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by R_Clark

I have some question(s)... how does a shirt and pants suit make the hair on your head fall out?

To answer your question: in any number of ways:

Alopecia means loss of hair from the head or body.

Causes of alopecia include:
Alopecia mucinosa
Androgenic alopecia
Diabetes[3]
Dissecting cellulitis
Fungal infections (such as tinea capitis)
Hair treatments (chemicals in relaxers, hair straighteners)
Hereditary disorders
Hormonal changes
Hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism[4]
Hypervitaminosis A
Iron deficiency or malnutrition in general
Lupus erythematosus
Medications (side effects from drugs, including chemotherapy, anabolic steroids, and birth control pills[5])
Pseudopelade of Brocq
Radiation therapy
Scalp infection
Secondary syphilis[6]
Telogen effluvium
Traction alopecia
Trichotillomania
Tufted folliculitis

Source: en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 10-5-2012 by TheStev because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I still have all the radiation maps from the Zardoz site that shows how the radiation clouds travelled in the first few months. Now that pollution hasn't stopped so one must concede that the radiation clouds have still been following the same pattern as the initial incident.

I warned people then. I will continue to do so. I, myself, am trying to watch out for imported products from those regions but must admit that I, too, have not been as vigilant as I wanted to be.

please share these maps, and radiated product risk list if possible pls!

wonder at what point airlines will find the need to address this risk/symptom, and investigate the cause definitely.

in flight personnel are exposed to significant radiation per flight, so wonder at which point also, they take measures such as leaded clothing and/or Potassium Iodine daily supplementation, or even NRF2
Beta 13 Glucan and other complex radiation countermeasures - ditto for the general public, eventually!

Uploaded by bionerd23 on Aug 7, 2011 during normal solar activity, radiation levels at 10-11 kilometers cruise altitude are about 2-3 uSv/h, which is 20 to 30 times the radiation you're exposed to on the ground.

once u go above sea level, ur exposed to higher and higher times the base sea level/ground radiation level.

so those of us who live or work in high altitude cities/town are also screwed, more. but we all are.

edit on 10-5-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
If the uniforms were the problem, then the people making the uniforms should also be dieing of cancer. It looks like radiation is the cause. Maybe women are more susceptible than the male pilots.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

*Pertaining to the video "Watch 2053 Warheads"****

Does anyone know the reason for that many tests? Did the manufacturing process change? I can't really see setting of that many bombs, let alone for no particular reason?

On a side note, whats the name of the first song in that video?
edit on 10-5-2012 by 1plusXisto7billion because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join