It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While we were Distracted with Gay Marriage news This happend today

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by knightrider078

I don't understand: Obama's Third Position on Gay Marriage. He's always had one, which was even written in a statement before he became president, that he believed Gays should be married. I think that the reason some people are confused is that you seem to be saying that the media did not cover this Chinese bank take-over because they were too busy with a light-weight story. First this is a monumental story that a sitting president would embrace the act of giving equal rights to Gays. This is a Lincoln moment really. Secondarily, the take over of one bank by another is typical and not newsworthy in most cases, except in financial news. So you got the news somewhere and so it was indeed reported. It was just that no one cares. One bank is just like another. My concern is that when does a Communist State get to compete in the Capitalist World and still maintain it is a communist state? It seems to be showing that the commies now want to pretend to be capitalists. And since they are not very good at it...It will indeed be interesting to see what develops. But although it may be suspicious, creepy and/or interesting from a political view, so is a Sitting President siding with a bullied and misrepresented minority.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Bank of China has an office in Los Angeles where you can walk in with cash and open account. several months ago. I would put in say 4 k just as a hedge against US banks collapsing.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Distraction after distraction, keeps the minds afloat in the turbulent sea, unable to get their bearing.

anything can be pushed through the modern media, hidden or in plain sight, they have unlimited funding, and can create any illusion they wish to distract us from the truth.

as illustrated here, this guy made everything in his video to demonstrate that if he can make something look semi professional in no time at all so can they, he show the tyranny and its ignorance present in america, and how it is everywhere, with fancy graphics and good effects, then he demonstrates that its all a distraction from the truth

very good watch, if you can get past the first part which hes said is a parody of the modern media today, everything after is pretty much gold.

Great twist at the end but it doesnt make sense unless you watch the whole thing.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I totally agree with Fission.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by rbnhd76
I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
-Thomas Jefferson

Few men have virtue to withstand the highest bidder.
-George Washington

Let me issue and control a Nation's money and I care not who makes its laws".
Amsel (Amschel) Bauer Mayer Rothschild, 1838:

edit on 10-5-2012 by rbnhd76 because: (no reason given)

"There is scarce a king in a hundred who would not, if he could, follow the example of Pharaoh, get first all the peoples money, then all their lands, and then make them and their children servants for ever ..."
-Ben Franklin
edit on 11-5-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by knightrider078
While we were Distracted with Gay Marriage news This happend today

Not one mention of this today on ANY of the News Services They were all distracted with Obamas 3rd position on gay marriage.

Fed clears China's first US bank takeover

The United States on Wednesday opened its banking market to ICBC, China's biggest bank, for the first time clearing a takeover of a US bank by a Chinese state-controlled company.

ca.news.yahoo.com...

Does anyone see any probs here?

Capitalism good, Communism bad

China good, Cuba bad

Why is that?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

China owns too much in US through debt swap. Im sure their assets already included the land. Where they only purchased the building that sat on it. In this case a bank. Still being ran by the same greedy people.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
To those of you who appear to be offended that the topic says "While we were distracted with Gay Marriage News," there is no reason to be. The topic just happened to be gay marriage and it was, indeed, a distration from the news about the bank and China.

The government does that type of thing often. Next time, it could be something about guns, illegal immigrants or some other topic.

Oh, and on the topic of the U.S. giving control of anything in this country to China, in my opinion, that is never good.
edit on 11-5-2012 by DinkyPinky because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I doubt it was a distraction. I don't think they planned the news like that. China has been turning right with its left blinker on for 20 years. They are capitalists.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

The US has banks all over the world and I think you picked the wrong cause here. Protectionism does not work.

It's China's dishonesty in rating their currency and stealing of protected intellectual and patented properties that is the problem; Not doing business with them.

In fact this may be a very good thing if it helps lead to a properly valued yuan and it might.

A fellow named Barney Franks and his flunkies were the primary cause of our issues here with banks. Banks are just entities, it's when they are lead by crooks they become an issue. They are not inherently bad, just like no corporation is bad. Sometimes the Exec's can be very bad, but the banks and corporations are the stockholders. These days they are owned by ordinary people as part of their retirement investments. Hate the crooked Exec's not Grandma for owning stock in her retirement portfolio.

It's hard to take seriously the idea of a person criticizing Obama and at the same time embracing his invented Class Warfare. Literate people know the truth and are not fooled by class warfare or folks who hate business and don't really seem to know why as they covet their next Mac or IPad.

Remember when the fanatics in the Gulf region boycotted the BP Stations? They actually thought that BP owned them
They hurt their own neighbors out of illiteracy and bigotry. They are why people like Obama get elected in the first place.

I agree.

Very valid and great points. Skepticism and Conspiracy theories does have their own side effects and many people on this forum tend to lean towards the viscious cycle of finding something wrong/fishy with everything and anything.
edit on 16-5-2012 by hp1229 because: add content

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join