It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While we were Distracted with Gay Marriage news This happend today

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
For those that are not Pragmatic nor can think in a violent way.

The more China has invested in America the less likely there are to be hostilities between the two.

This would only bridge the gap for world leaders to stand closer together to have more of the serf's money and live their grand Game.

edit on 10-5-2012 by Gestas because: Georgie boy is right you know.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by barmyfluid
The Chinese banks have had their finger in the UK pie for a very long time already. See HSBC.

It amazes me how many people here in the UK think that they bank with a British bank in HSBC - Hong Kong Shanghai Banking Corporation.

Dumbasses.
edit on 10-5-2012 by barmyfluid because: (no reason given)

Hey, my account is with HSBC and I know damn well were they are based. See my earlier posts in this thread. I am pretty sure everyone who is with HSBC is aware that they are the Hong Kong Shanghai Banking Corporation.

It's very disrespectful to call all of their customers 'dumbasses' and to assume they don't know who they are banking with. If we are so dumb then how come our bank never received a bail out during the financial farce/// I mean crisis?

I hate all the banks equally but don't start ripping people for who they bank with when you probably bank with a worse organisation.
edit on 10-5-2012 by Wide-Eyes because: i b4 e except after c

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by knightrider078

The US has banks all over the world and I think you picked the wrong cause here. Protectionism does not work.

It's China's dishonesty in rating their currency and stealing of protected intellectual and patented properties that is the problem; Not doing business with them.

In fact this may be a very good thing if it helps lead to a properly valued yuan and it might.

A fellow named Barney Franks and his flunkies were the primary cause of our issues here with banks. Banks are just entities, it's when they are lead by crooks they become an issue. They are not inherently bad, just like no corporation is bad. Sometimes the Exec's can be very bad, but the banks and corporations are the stockholders. These days they are owned by ordinary people as part of their retirement investments. Hate the crooked Exec's not Grandma for owning stock in her retirement portfolio.

It's hard to take seriously the idea of a person criticizing Obama and at the same time embracing his invented Class Warfare. Literate people know the truth and are not fooled by class warfare or folks who hate business and don't really seem to know why as they covet their next Mac or IPad.

Remember when the fanatics in the Gulf region boycotted the BP Stations? They actually thought that BP owned them
They hurt their own neighbors out of illiteracy and bigotry. They are why people like Obama get elected in the first place.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggilo

Originally posted by barmyfluid
The Chinese banks have had their finger in the UK pie for a very long time already. See HSBC.

It amazes me how many people here in the UK think that they bank with a British bank in HSBC - Hong Kong Shanghai Banking Corporation.

Dumbasses.
edit on 10-5-2012 by barmyfluid because: (no reason given)

HSBC is a British bank.

Its HQ is in Canary Wharf.

They pay Corporation Tax to the UK treasury.

You are correct in what their name stands for and indeed it was originally based in Hong Kong, however Hong Kong was a British colony back then.

There is lots of threats about them moving their HQ away from London however.

Seems I may have got it a little twisted with 'the worlds local bank'. Thanks for pitching in.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
WTF WOW I wonder what the interest rates will be like? and not to mention car business loans home auto life medical insurance the snowballs rolling down the hill.........................

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Proving once again that I am right about the free market.

The free market is simply re-marketed communism.

Pretty soon we will be lucky if we can get tp for our vouchers.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Part of the solution is easy...

Get an account at your locally community owned credit union and dump the big banks.

You get better service, you own shares and can participate in corporate voting, and the profits get funneled back into the credit union and community.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
At first I had a negative attitude about this story. But then I realized that money is money, and banks are crooked no matter who runs them, so now I don't know what to think about it.

Trust them? No. But I don't trust our own government, either.

Why don't people just use credit unions and stop using banks? They wouldn't make any money if you people stopped giving it to them!

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

buying which banks?, hopefully the corrupt ones....(wells,chase, bofa)

i just closed my wells accounts today and went to a credit union

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Gay news is indeed 'distracting'...

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I only bank with credit unions. Any bank I have had an account with stole regularly from my account. Things go much worse after Newt and the republican de-regulated the banks.

Time to bring back usury laws.

What is need is a good ole fashioned wage driven inflation cycle.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I like how equal rights for homosexuals is considered a "distraction".
edit on 10-5-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
There is only one bank, so this has little meaning. What we see are branches of the same bank, with different labels. Like there is only one NFL, and while the teams appear to be stand alone, they are not, they beholden to the NFL or the don't exist. There is only one bank, except in NK, Iran, Syria and Cuba. If you really want a countrywide stand alone bank - open invitations await to those countries. Libya is now a member, as is Iraq, so you'll avoid them.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
obama isn't much of a distraction in my day. lol. i guess i'd be more worried about the banks if i had any kind of a credit rating and more than 5 bucks in my credit union acct.

\

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gruffly
Part of the solution is easy...
Get an account at your locally community owned credit union and dump the big banks.
If I am not mistaken, though, credit unions have some association with the big banks, still. I seem to remember that BMO backed mine. Comments from those in the know would be helpful.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Brunhilda visits China. Wish I was a bug on that wall...

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

No problem the fed is cabal run anyway

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Many US and Western interest see this as a back door to domesticating and Westernizing the most influential of China's core power group. It's measurably a smart move on many levels for the PTB.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

I'm not very concerned about China's being able to "take over" a bank here.
The Chinese are quite good with numbers, and as another poster pointed out, Chinese justice can be swift and final.
It takes a certain resolve to march criminals who put poisons into food products out to the ditch, and dispense summary judgement in favor of "bet he won't do that again".
In fact I think it shows character.
I've been to China, I spent most of a pretty nice year in Inner Mongolia around a bunch of Monks that grinned when you said "Didi Mao."
The Chinese military killed most of those Monks in 1973.
Nobody seemed to mind, or our "free press" didn't find it newsworthy.
Did no one notice the pallets of shrinkwrapped "Ameros'" that were delivered to China some months ago? Looks like a currency change may have been considered, or like the super high denomination bills, they may be used only within the banking industry.
I'd still like to know what the deal is with that, but I doubt I'll be told by our American Lame Stream Media.
I mean they didn't think anything was unusual about Bill Clinton giving the Chinese our guidance systems for ICBMS' did they?
I did but there were no inquiries, except perhaps what the meaning of "is" is.
We gave the "worst human rights offenders" "Most favored Nation" trading status.
Again I wondered where the investigations were, evidently not a big deal.
I am still a bit miffed about Panama nationalizing banks.
I lost a little, but hey, I was a little guy, some big guys lost a lot, and Noriega lost it all.
Anyway, doesn't China control the Canal Zone now?
Doesn't China have control of a major U.S. seaport?
Military base?
Done.
Missed that did you?
Why so worried Bunkie?
Ever read Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn's The Gulag Archipeligo?
Do you realize we have more Americans in prison now than the Soviet Union had in their forced labor camp "prisons?"
Are you more concerned about inscrutable bankers, or the "Prison Industrial Complex?"
Since debtors prisons are making a comeback you might want to send a strongly worded E-mail to your representative complaining of the millions of non-violent offenders in prison, while we have an ultra-violent underclass which regularly engages in mass attacks on others based on their skin color.
Little Stevie Wonder said he just couldn't see it.
Nah, much more important stuff in the news, like what is kardtrashians favorite "reality show" on TeeVee.
As far as the gay marriage deal...not my cross to bear, but hey PDA is disgusting be it homo, hetro, or interspecies, and there is just something wrong with that falseto fay duders, if you'd just cut it out that woud be fabulous, mkay?
Anyway, I heard a rumor Obama was divorcing Michelle to marry Joe Biden.
They'll probably order Chinese Take-out right after the ceremony, where Nasty Pignosie will be Best Man.
Good times!

edit on 11-5-2012 by Luminaught because: The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.

edit on 11-5-2012 by Luminaught because: Compulsive behavior pattern.

edit on 11-5-2012 by Luminaught because: Screed...I keed, I keed.

edit on 11-5-2012 by Luminaught because: Vote PUTIN for president, because Vlad rocks.

edit on 11-5-2012 by Luminaught because: Above your clearance level. Sorry.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
Meet the new boss--same as the old boss....

Precisely, but we shouldn't let that get in the way of good ol' fashioned xenophobia.

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join