It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Governor Malloy chooses Biotech Industry over people

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Governor Malloy chooses Biotech Industry over people

www.helladelicious.com

The state of Connecticut was on the eve of a historic vote. With 90% of Connecticut residents in favor of GMO labeling, pre-vote tallies indicating that a bi-partisan majority of legislators were in favor of the bill, and an unprecedented awareness of GMOs in CT, everything seemed to be falling into place for CT HB 5117, An Act Concerning Genetically Engineered Food.

Unfortunately, in a devastating turn of events, before the bill had a chance to make it to the floor for debate and a vote, in a closed door meeting, Governor Malloy and his attorneys interfered in the legislative process by re
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.naturalnews.com
www.naturalnews.com
consumerist.com
www.google. com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Monsanto in Gates' Clothing? The Emperor's New GMOs
GMOs linked to emergence of deadly new pathogen causing spontaneous abortions among animals
edit on 10-5-2012 by Gemwolf because: Removed all caps title

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
So much for my state keeping me from being a laboratory experiment. It's criminal really. Who knows what these GMOs will do over the long term. They're already linked to organ problems as well as GERD. Most likely soon to be cancer..

The madness needs to stop and I don't mean crying on a web forum. We need to actually start calling these people and tell them they are going to be out of a job unless they change their views.

www.infowars.com...
www.helladelicious.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 9-5-2012 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
The govenor interfered in the legislative process. The law should have been allowed a vote, and then if it passed, it could be challenged in court, that is how the process works. That is how our republic works!

The executive branch just denied the legislative and judicial processes to take place.

Eta: if 90% of the CT population wanted their food labeled, i'd be willing to bet they wouldnt mind forkingmup the cash to fight monsanto for their right to know EXACTLY what is in their food.
edit on 9-5-2012 by nunya13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

The madness needs to stop and I don't mean crying on a web forum. We need to actually start calling these people and tell them they are going to be out of a job unless they change their views.

While you couldn't be more incorrect in your assessment of GMOs - if the people of your state wish to enact labeling requirements - then, by all means - you all need to take action to see to it that your laws reflect the manner in which you wish to operate as a state.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
We have to have laws in place that not only protect the populous from dangerous creations of Bio or Genetic Engineering...but also provide responsible Companies who are using these sciences to be able to continue research as their is Great Advancements that can only come from this type of work.

It is establishing a BALANCE that means the needs of protecting the people as well as protecting needed and responsible research in these areas that will benefit Man Kind.

The Benefits of these sciences is too great to ignor as they will provide Cures for Disease as well as crops that will feed the World. The Drawbacks can be contained with proper legislation. Split Infinity

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

Well you know for sure now that your governor is a bought and paid for Monsanto shill. Vote him out and make sure the next guy puts the bill through and does what the people want. You don't someone in bed with satan running the state.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

That is never the solution. So you vote another in and he/she does the same thing, and it continues, ever onwards, for that is what voting in liars means. There is no one who does the right thing.

The solution is to be very loud and stand up for what is right, and not stand for this. To flood his office, show up, to write in, to contact media and for people to boycott every single business known to do this and to demand accountability and action NOW.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

That is never the solution. So you vote another in and he/she does the same thing, and it continues, ever onwards, for that is what voting in liars means. There is no one who does the right thing.

The solution is to be very loud and stand up for what is right, and not stand for this. To flood his office, show up, to write in, to contact media and for people to boycott every single business known to do this and to demand accountability and action NOW.

You could do that, or while you're waiting for the right person to get in, only buy from local farmers that you know don't use GMO/Monsanto products and that don't use somatotropin (growth hormone) in their animals (something along the lines of what you said). I hate GMO stuff and I hate politics these days. Personally I think none of them are worth anything, except Ron Paul who "may" be worth something, in Canada we have absolutely deceitful useful idiots running things, so we don't have any options yet. When you see some of those VEN diagrams you really understand how corrupt the entire system actually is and you can't use a corrupt system to make it non-corrupt unfortunately.

Cheers - Dave

top topics

join