It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carville: Wake up Democrats; you could lose

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Carville: Wake up Democrats; you could lose

(CNN) -- A long time ago a great three-time governor of Louisiana, Earl Long, said about Jimmie Davis, the two-time not very good governor of Louisiana, "You couldn't wake up Jimmie Davis with an earthquake."

As I go around the country and see various Democrats and talk to them on the phone, honestly I'm beginning to think that we have become the party of Jimmie Davis.

My message is simple: WTFU. Translated -- wake the you-know-what up, there is an earthquake.

www.cnn.com...

No Democrats don't listen to Carville go ahead be over confident and complacent and let the Gop slide on in like Clinton did over GHB.

There is a disconnect in America and there has been for over 3 and half years.

Too many people are not living in reality and things are not better off than they were 5 trillion ago.

They should be but they are not and that is just may very well lead to an upset in 2012.

Possible defeat may loom over the Democrats.
edit on 9-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
It'll be a solid defeat as Obama has nowhere to go and nothing he can do. If he does what he wants if re-elected, the people will be going ape# with civil unrest. That's why the elites are turning their money towards Romney. And all you gotta do is follow the money.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Whether the winner of the executive seat is a democrat or Republican, I just cross my fingers that they don't also win a majority in the legislature along with the presidency.

The only thing worse than an executive that exercises authority outside of Constitutional limits is that executive also having a legislature that encourages such behavior.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMatrixusesYou

You said,

Obama has nowhere to go and nothing he can do

Wrong, BarryO will accept the gay/lesbian crowd and promise legal everything for them!
He has already started.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Carville's right. Nothing can be taken for granted, considering all the money being thrown at both these Presidential candidates by Wall Street and the moneyed corporate interests.
Or maybe its already too late, and our "vote" is only a cultural placebo convincing us that we really do have any say in our government's policies? I'd like to think not anyway, but honestly, who really knows?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Well you're absolutely right. I'd say that's a given. He's driving us into the ground no doubt. I should have been more clear. He can do nothing to bring real jobs back and make people generally happy again. Plain and simple.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by QueSeraSera
Carville's right. Nothing can be taken for granted, considering all the money being thrown at both these Presidential candidates by Wall Street and the moneyed corporate interests.
Or maybe its already too late, and our "vote" is only a cultural placebo convincing us that we really do have any say in our government's policies? I'd like to think not anyway, but honestly, who really knows?

You have as much say, as you have say.
Ron Paul has woken up so many kids.
I'm so happy seeing all these people having their say.
It's not a majority, but it's so much more than I have ever seen.

My girlfriend doesn't tell me what to wear, or how many beers are too much.
You have as much say as you have say.

The more WE become the government, the more WE make the rules.
WE have more people.
WE win long term.

If older people had done their part we would know better what to do to have our say,
but sure enough, here we come.

And yea Carville the Democrats better be scared, I'm one of em, and I voted Ron Paul!
AND I'm going to keep voting Ron Paul. I mean, Ron, and I wouldn't agree on much except Freedom, but that is all we need to agree on. After that, we are free to go our seperate ways. That's what freedom is. He will do his republican thing, And I'll try to get my state to do a democrat thing. Key though, is he is the only candidate who could understand this post. He will let my state (where ever I move) be democratic...

Sorry Carville... I like you you, and I'll always be a Democrat, but I see through the 2 non choices. Blah... Yuck.
edit on 5/10/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I agree, the anti Obama sentiment is very powerful...

The only saving grace is that Romney is not a super strong candidate, he has a disadvantage
being a REAL elite, corporate raider type, Mormon and he can be a bit too puffy. He REALLY
has to watch how he appears, Romney could go off the cliff with one comment or cold response.
In short, if he acts like he doesn't care about the little guy, he could literally slit his own wrist in
2 seconds flat.

Obama is teflon compared to Romney, but he does have to worry about the toll the FOX news
campaign has taken. He also has to pray the economy keeps improving and he has to pray
no big disasters unfurl somewhere.

I though Romney was VERY strong when he gave his nominee acceptance speech - But
it is hard to tell how he will be perceived off of the stage, that is where Romney is vulnerable.
In the end we have to see those two on the stage together, if Romney comes off as a prick,
which I have seen him do a few times, he is going to look bad.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by braindeadconservatives
Obama is teflon compared to Romney, but he does have to worry about the toll the FOX news
campaign has taken.

FOX is awful and agenda driven, that is a fact.

However, Obama need not worry as he has his own -tax payer funded- propaganda mouthpiece in NPR. This is a very cost effective method for the DNC. Why buy publicity when you can just force others to buy it for you?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Someone wanna tell me what Fox News has to do with this thread?

Other than someone trolling.
edit on 10-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by TheMatrixusesYou

You said,

Obama has nowhere to go and nothing he can do

Wrong, BarryO will accept the gay/lesbian crowd and promise legal everything for them!
He has already started.

What is he going to do for the other 97% of the population? Offer LGBT indoctrination courses for free? I am quite sure a few retarded PC liberals will support the 3% LGBT population in this regard, but I really doubt he would get 51% of the general population (a term used in prison which seems quite appropriate) for this meager and pointless offering.

Personally I think the LGBT law proposals are inconsequential, sexual orientation shouldn't matter anyway when it comes to rights.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 5/10.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by METACOMET

Originally posted by braindeadconservatives
campaign has taken.

FOX is awful and agenda driven, that is a fact.

However, Obama need not worry as he has his own -tax payer funded- propaganda mouthpiece in NPR. This is a very cost effective method for the DNC. Why buy publicity when you can just force others to buy it for you?

I think Liberals has plenty of extremely biased outlets, but I don't think NPR is half as
biased as FOX, that would be MSNBC IMO. Left,Right and Center trash the Dems
fairly often actually, both parties....

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Because everything you guys say was first launched on FOX News, it is your brain basically,
so it is very relevant. Fox news says it first and then the little blogs reenforce, simple.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The statement is very much right on target. Obama isn't a shoe in, if he's going to be re-elected it's going to be due to the political machine working it's charm. There are alot of factors going into an election, and one major slip up on either side could be what defines the winner. I personally haven't made any camp on a canadite yet, becouse simply, I don't see the point. I would like to see Ron Paul in the mix, but I'm not saying I'd vote for the guy. It's easy for the Republican GOP to bash this and that on Obama in a "Republican debate" but what will happen when there face to face. Until then it's speculation.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Deflect - Distract - Divide

That is all they have left.

---------

BTW, it's not working. It's over.

James Carville was right. Rasmussen Romney 50% / Obama 43%

Bill Clinton sabotaged Obama.

Obama never had a chance.

top topics

join