It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Hate Modern Architecture!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Hi everybody!,...I know most of the people here have posted a reply contrary to what i'm about to say (surprise, surprise) but here goes...Modern architecture is in my opinion the best...everything was modern at some point in history and to me modern architecture say by A-cero is something everybody should love. I know people can feel comfortable and make a home in many different styles but to me the coolness and open plan living is more enjoyable. Victorian to me is boring. really really boring. no offense but it just is.
edit on 8-7-2012 by slyguy26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

i don't know why but i find this style extremely boring ( no offense ) if you don't live in the snow belt there is no excuse for everything having a gable roof like i see all the bloody time.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Everything Gothic, Victorian and Edwardian are very close to my heart.
Even though I'm not quite fortunate enough to live in such an old house (My home is a 1950's build) We like to surround ourselves with the furniture of the eras.
There's something beautiful and comforting in enveloping yourself with things that have seen many lifetimes before you and things made so well that the Gods willing will last many lifetimes more. If anything the modern technology today becomes an intrusion and it's tricky to blend it in.

If I had my way I'd have a house with the old wash house and boiler and rooms with a full black Victorian range. How handy would they be if our modern reliant world went tits up?

edit on 8-7-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenEyedVixen

Thank I'm not alone in hating modernism. I agree with all the views I have read on this site about modern buildings.
I look at modern glass and concrete blocks and my heart sinks. I have taken to twitter to show examples of UGLY London @khanol
Recently the BBC has been showing the finalists for the Stirling Prize - all but one of these buildings make me sick - only Ashley House has any charm.
What can we do to convince architectures that moderism is destroying our cities.

My theory is that architects spend 5 or 7 years at college learning their subject so when they have a commission they have to create something different. If they design buildings in the traditional style they are accused of not being innovative.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonKapital

Arched doorways, man I miss those the most. I love archways, there is just something so beautiful about them. Espically when you have hanging plants from them.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonKapital

i think that most people would agree with you , i have worked in the construction industry as a plasterer all my working life and i have seen the quality of build deteriorate so much over time .

the biggest problem is money , quality builds cost so much more .
it used to be that the materials was the biggest cost but now the cost of labour has overtaken and so has pushed the overall price through the roof .

top topics

<< 1   >>

join