It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we all on our way out, now?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by rebellender

Yeah,I do.

I dont want to be surprised,in the end........

I been thinking some on this thread

The Cacti in the op, I have seen them before, not related due to time to Japan

The Kitten::: only one was born and the woman said she wanted to experiment giving it tap water just to see what would happen....

I am thinking I got caught up in a "Thread Moment"

but why my cats have lesions I will never know....thats my story and I am sticking to it

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I'm sorry, but how is that dandylion a sign of fukushima fallout exactly?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I mean this as helpful information.

Our neighbor's had a dog and they used a lawn service for dandelions (chemical treatment/poison).

We watched their dog develope lesions and then tumors on his legs and lower part of the body that had constant contact with the "treated grass". They sadly lost their dog to cancer at around ten.

Our last dog lived to 18-20 years and we stopped having our lawn "treated" about 11 years ago when Odie (my beloved furbaby) started getting a tumor on his right front leg and watching the neighbor's loose their dog.

We stopped all lawn service promptly.

Pesticides and weed killers - kill.

If you really love your animal companions don't let them come into contact with that poisoned grass.

Again, my own opinion and hope this helps at least one person out there.

I dig out the dandelions by hand and we don't have that many anymore.

Our neighbors also don't use pesticides on their lawns. We've talked and they say that they think I'm probably right.

Also watch pesticides within the home as well as cleaning agents.

I am a bit of a clean freak, like my home as germ free as possible so I really rinse what I wipe down well. I usually use just a little tiny bit of chlorine bleach and coupled with the already present chlorine in our tap water (which I use for cleaning) it's not being perfectly safe but safer than most.

I also give our two dogs filtered water just like we use - not tap water to drink. I only use tap water to clean and shower with. Once we have the money we are going to buy a Reverse Osmosis water purification System.

I'm budgeting that in slowly but surely.

And I hope your cats are okay. Best of luck.
edit on 10-5-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
This may be a dumb question. But I am risking it. Wouldnt a nuke bomb on the place cancel the effects of the reactor? Use fire with fire but before it happens evacuate the area? Or would it make it worse? I know Lava would do the trick, a destructive force vs another destructive force. The energy blast, through a nuke, could burn away the fuel in an instant.

Least its a theory.

I wonder if theres any plans at all to even fix this issue. But im guessing tptb are on target with their global depopulation plan. As usual the russians were the smartest when they cemented Chernobyl.
edit on 10-5-2012 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Don't worry about it. There isn't anything we as normal people can do. It won't be as bad as we have been led to believe, a lot of the fear about nuclear exposure was created by the government so we would fund their defense programs. People can handle a little radiation. It's not going to kill us.

Why is it that so many people only care about the effects on people? What about the environment and all the animals (especially the endangered ones)? People aren't endangered.

Maybe when people learn to respect animals and plants like they do other people the planet as a hole will be in better off.
edit on 10-5-2012 by 1plusXisto7billion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Some pics in the 1st video are misleading. the growth rate of Saguaro is very slow. The cactus was like that long before Fukushima.
www.saguaro-juniper.com...

I see malformed strawberries all the time. Like one poster said, plants deform for many reasons.
Let's not jump to conclusions.
I agree Fukushima is terrifying to any thinking person, but we can't blame it for everything.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

chemicals are not an issue.I live in the (no care yard) district of So Cal. its too hot and water cost too much.

As much as I wanted to finally buy into the OP I am calling Crap on it. I lived on a farm growing up, Once in a while deformities happen and with plants they happen with hybrids all the time.

As stated the woman in the video claimed to give her pregnant cat Tap Water Just to see what would happen...Now those of you out there in ATS land, would you give a pet you cared for something while it was pregnant just to see what would happen?

Calling Crap

I drink tap water and have all my life,drank tap water in Mexico, Saudi Arabia Southern California, Healthy as a horse, only recently do I buy drinking water in bulk, it has nothing to do with Japan and everything to do with my spouse. Thats what she has done all her life...she is spoiled.

I will be checking weekly to see if my teeth and eyes glow in the dark tho

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 1plusXisto7billion

That's the problem with nuclear, it effects a lot of living beings that had nothing to do with creating it or are benefiting from it. We destroy too much of nature.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

My husband's second to youngest brother is a geologist.

He told us ten years ago where we get our water from (Lake Michigan) it would be better to have a good filtering system.

Do the research.

We also have a friend in Wisconsin that works for the EPA and he inspects water for a living, is very well educated and he has a good water filtration system and he had to really budget it in, got it before his PC or cable.

Now I don't know about the lady with the cats...............but I'm staying with my filtered water.

And yes I grew up on a farm as well as our water, fruits, vegetables, chickens, cows and sheep didn't taste anything like what we now get at the grocery store.

A lot depends on the water source.

Year by year with more and more factory farming and industrial waste our water quality for most areas suck.

My husband and I know a lot of people that have to analyze various water supplies and we have been told, most tap water has way to much fluoride and chlorine not to mention estrogen from birth control they can't get it all out and that contributes (they think) to males having lower sperm count.

I respect your reply but I'm sticking to my filtration system and opting for a even better one in the near future.

BTW: Last time it rained the birds and squirrels were drinking up the rain water like crazy. Wouldn't touch our bird bath water.

Good luck & safe journey.
edit on 10-5-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I have to be honest. I was pretty accepting about whatever is to come.
Then yesterday, I spent the afternoon and evening in the ER; thought I was having a heart attack. A million images flashed before my eyes. My life. My earth. My family. My pets. Most of all..my children.
I am not ready to give up. Not yet. There has to be something we can do to save our planet.
I love life!!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by bitsforbytes
reply to post by justwokeup

Who is doing the brainwashing? The government? No....So who?....Ourselves? People are just waking up to what we are doing. Some of us think that we can control nature, when in reality we are part of it and we can't change that. We must harmonize with nature that is the problem. We don't sing in unison with it instead we try to scream louder over it and try to make it sing the song we want it to sing when we want it to sing. I know that this is not the mentality of everybody on this rock, but our leaders and corporate loonies think they are the best thing since fake butter. That's what our friend is trying to say.

Earth doesn't belong to us we belong to the earth. We wouldn't need to look for another planet if would just take the time to understand fully the consequences of our actions. I guess money is more important then all that right?

You need to look into the origins of the green movement.

Start with this guy

en.wikipedia.org...

Work your way through the spin off from Malthus ideas which was eugenics, in UK (its effect on our imperial policies), Germany (Adopted by the Nazis and carried to its logical conclusion) and the USA (who got embarrassed about it for a while until it came back as 'population control' only to be applied to poor brown people.

The same corrupt ethos goes round and round.

Its flawed. Its been flawed from the start. We are not bounded because our ability to innovate is not bounded, we are not like other animals. We invent and create unless we deliberately choose stagnation and doom. The universe contains all the raw materials we'll ever need and the power of fusion could provide all the power we'll ever need to forge those materials as we so wish.

We do not 'belong' to the earth. The earth does belong to us. Its our lifeboat. The argument needs to be framed in this way. The preservation of the earths ecosystem is really preservation of our lifeboat. Its self interest. People are good at self interest.

When being against people is dropped as the core belief logical choices become clearer.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Fruits? Wow that's a lot of fruit then. Must be like sheeps.

Anyway its all #e, yeah were killing the planet, yes we are to many and we don't care enough and we wont realise till its all gone that we needed what ever it is we forgot we needed to survive.

But really what is the solution-globally? Is Fossil power better? are we really hiding over unity (see recent release from Stamford on the latest cold fusion "confusion reaction"

the point is we are the problem-its not coal, its not nuclear, its not resource scarcity, its humans, until we face that fact and cull ourselves (more likey by our own fecklessness than by any cohesive plan) we're in for a really rough ride and things will get worse.

The Politicians will continue to tell you as they do in the UK "we need people to create wealth" however generally wealth is measured in terms of volume of resources available you'd think differently, when you realise that each person born consumes the resource your own children may require it starts to hit home.

You can clearly see it happening-the UK ran out of wood 18 months ago-due to China pulping it for MDF
You have to be senior in a company to even contemplate affording a house and kids

Nuclear Power is great if you didn't build in on a fault line or in a Tsunami Zone, or in a densely populated Island or accounted for that in the build, but we don't, we never have taken full account of anything ever, eventually a parasite like that leads to the death of its host.

Its too expensive to do stuff properly, resource scarcity (supply and demand) make stuff expensive (becasue we are too many and actually believe in money as a way of rationing resource) so the liklihood of this happening again is increasing by the day.

Nature's law says take what you need leave what you don't, those that don't take what they need will die that is how numbers are controlled, the survivors are not wealthy. that is what will eventually happen, at least money will be irrelevant, and survival of the fittest will actually mean something to us once more.

Anyway reactor 4's half life is about 25,000 years so we should start pumping Heavy Water into the pacific, that would help, although we haven't tested it on marine life as far as i'm aware-worth a shot?

Anyway well done for highlighting Fukushima but its the tip of the iceberg and the cause of the problem is the same wherever you look, if you think deep and take a step back. We're the problem. The solution? Well nobody wants to hear about that. its against your human rights for a start.

Just a footnote to say I'm not an ecomentalist I don't think we should all live in caves or work the land, but we should act as stewards for our planet collectively and unselfishly-the aim of any successful species should not be to kill its host or sink the lifeboat like he said ^^^ but so continue onwards and outwards and be the stronger for it.

We should act as stewards so that searching for another planet becomes unnesessary-we should and will search regardless, but let that search be for knowledge and not because we f&?ked our chance up here.
I'm not against people per se, but when you can see a problem that only a hadnful of others on the planet can see and its coming at you like a speeding train-its time to talk about it.
edit on 11-5-2012 by Darkstar74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Saucerwench

All 1 can say is denial is running deep with the masses and ITS REAL OUT HERE. Keeping the vibes up incase a massive amount of them go down. Thanks OP for the presentation

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TMG333

don't worry those are just cold sores. Might want to stay away from being tongued tho or kissing for awhile until it clears up. That f# fukashima is a disease spreading wh# ore.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Don't worry. The Galactic Federation of Lulz will come and save us all.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
We're not out yet.

So, we might have a chance.

It seems that people are waking up in larger and larger numbers to the idea that status quo cannot continue to be held. Maybe we will succeed?

The show of concern is the first step. Our discussions come second. The next step will see people stepping up to the challenge.

There is however, indication that the efforts won't be supported by all human beings - at least not until something catastrophic occurs to wake up the rest.

But, I propose that there is a possibility that there will be those who escape the issues plaguing the rest of humanity by taking action and staying away from the dangerous behaviours of the others. Just a thought.

Naturally, a lot of fear exists in trying new things or resistance to living a simpler life - it won't remain that way for ever as these things take their toll.

Taking strides in the right direction, will be the focus of new groups of people, as they become more aware of the situation. Take many of the people who comment on this site for instance. I'll bet it'll grow as the awareness does. But certainly, denying ignorance has its effects.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
The first video offers no reasons why I'm supposed to get why fat stems are bad.

If you understood it, please add some commentary.

Your second video on the cats I found offensive and didn't watch it through.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I could be completely off base on this one please let me know if I am, let me also stress that at this point it's complete and utter speculation on my part just getting a bad feeling about this.

let me take you down my road of thought on this one. a short time ago I read about the failed missile test in North Korea and that the purposes of these tests was to eventually make ICBM's
www.reuters.com...

then I ran across this thread about a massive volcano near the NK/China border
www.abovetopsecret.com...

here is a map showing the location of the volcano upload.wikimedia.org...

and another showing a map of NK's nuclear facilities www.atomicarchive.com...

here's where we get into complete speculation

considering the US can't just outright attack NK without a huge backlash they would need some kind of a way to blame it on nature
www.elusivetruth.com...

if the goals of TPTB are to reduce the world population to a smaller more controllable mass and if
if what is said about HAARP is true how convenient would it be if that volcano went off and damaged the nearest facility to it after we have already had one terrible nuclear disaster that is irradiating more than the MSM is saying www.washingtonsblog.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Then send in some brave people to do the necessary work if possible....a few deaths compared to billions...Find some brave volunteers to save the world. If I were qualified, I'd do it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join